Interest Check: Make your own Kimono and/or Kumihimo workshop?

Started by _Kai_, February 02, 2016, 09:14:47 PM

_Kai_

Ohayou minna, coming out to Fanime for the first time this year.  How's the crowd? Many DIY/creative types?  Would you attend a hands on workshop on making your own kimono, or doing kumihimo?  Thought I would get a feel for what would go over well before panel submission opens.

OtakuAngel87

sounds very interesting... By hands are you meaning we would be able to make an actual kimono there? If so I'd be interested to see something like that.
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

SquishyK

Fanime crowds get all types of people. Yes, many of us are quite creative. I could see this drawing some interest. Have you done similar workshops at other conventions in the past?
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

_Kai_

Actual kimono at 1/6 scale :) Get to see and use all the process in a portable size, and it directly scales.

I have taught both at other conventions and events, I'm a big fan of doing stuff amongst the talking about stuff!

OtakuAngel87

I think that'll be kind of cute and would love to be able to know how to make a kimono itself, even in a 1/6 scale. I do hope this panel/activity gets approved.
Quote from: _Kai_ on February 03, 2016, 11:24:39 PM
Actual kimono at 1/6 scale :) Get to see and use all the process in a portable size, and it directly scales.

I have taught both at other conventions and events, I'm a big fan of doing stuff amongst the talking about stuff!
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Galactic.Divinity

This sounds so interesting!! I would go to a panel for this! ^U^
|| Stuck in time without a watch. ||

Fanime 2020 Lineup
Friday: ??
Saturday: ??
Sunday: ??
Monday: ??

Creekwheresnowfalls

Quote from: p4ranoia on February 04, 2016, 12:11:59 PM
This sounds so interesting!! I would go to a panel for this! ^U^

I would also want to go to a panel like this! :3
Fanime Cosplay:
Nyo! Military/2p Japan

Hope to meet new Hetalians~

YaoiCat

This sounds really fun!  Would participants need to bring supplies, like fabric and sewing stuff?

BunofGovt

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

_Kai_

Make your own Kimono! has been accepted for those who were interested by the way!  All supplies for this will be provided, I'll have a thing in case people want to throw $5 at us to offset costs, but it won't be required by any means. :)

OtakuAngel87

yay can't wait! :)
Quote from: _Kai_ on April 12, 2016, 02:50:28 PM
Make your own Kimono! has been accepted for those who were interested by the way!  All supplies for this will be provided, I'll have a thing in case people want to throw $5 at us to offset costs, but it won't be required by any means. :)
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

_Kai_

Time slot set, Sunday 9am to 11am.  Early, sure, but then if you don't finish in 2 hours, you'll have a small project to work on while waiting in lines later ;)

airanimechiic

Also definitely interested! Do we need to sign up in advance to have a space or anything?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu