(confused) Just to clear things up..

Started by jaythizzle, February 09, 2016, 10:18:36 PM

jaythizzle

Hello and thanks for taking the time to answer my question, this would be my 2nd time attending Fanime, last year I reserved a room at a nearby hotel and this year I would like to reserve a room at the convention center however it seems that it is already booked, I have been doing some reading and noticed people are waiting for an update to reserve a room, do they do that every year or is this new?

NichiPeachy

Yeah, it's a new booking process that was implemented this year (probably to discourage scalpers and the like). So, from what I get, this is how it goes: people who are registered will get priority booking (in other words, get to pick first) for Fanime-rate hotel rooms based on the time of registration (so, for example, if you registered in January, you would have higher priority than someone who registered in February). Registered members will be able to book in their designated booking window and will be notified via e-mail when that time comes (that's why everyone's waiting for an e-mail update). Based on what staff stated on the Fanime Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FanimeCon/), you are only able to register for one room per badge for priority booking. When the priority booking phase is over, then hotel booking is open to the public (and most, if not all, nearby hotels will probably be pretty booked by then). If you wanna read more about it, you might wanna check out this Fanime housing update -> http://www.fanime.com/news/housing-update/. Hoped this helped at least a bit!

jaythizzle

Thanks this helped out so much! To be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to get a reply because it seems the forums aren't really active at the moment. I just have one more question regarding the registration priority, would you have to buy the membership in order to be on the priority list? Or would you just have to register? Thanks for your time!

Kyra_Maverick

You'll have to have paid for your registration in order to be put on the priority list.

There was an update yesterday on Facebook that emails will go out on the 17th to everyone that is currently registered. This email will have your priority time frame on it for booking hotels. General hotel reservations will open on the 29th.