2016 Old School Cosplay Gathering

Started by InsaneDavid, February 16, 2016, 10:35:33 AM

InsaneDavid

Pictures of the gathering taken by my co-host, Captain Shinobu Nagumo, can be viewed here - https://mokkori.smugmug.com/Fanime-Old-School-Gathering/

This link will be active for two weeks from today.  Once FanimeCon Staff pictures are uploaded and the link provided, I will post it here as well.  Thank you again for attending the 2016 OSG!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

InsaneDavid

Updated the first post with the relevant link for all the pictures my co-host took.  This will be cross-posted with the main Fanime pictures thread once the permanent Facebook gallery is set up, this should be done by Sunday.  At the present time, all pictures can be viewed and downloaded through the posted smugmug link.

Thank you again for attending the 2016 OSG!

Angelx624

I had such a fun time at the gathering!!! XD I was the Kagura from Fruits Basket!! ^^ Wasn't expecting so many people at the gathering, but big gatherings are always fun!! :D

And winning the Marmalade Boy DVDs was certainly a plus. <33 One day I need to finally cosplay Miki!! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 30, 2016, 10:42:17 PM
I had such a fun time at the gathering!!! XD I was the Kagura from Fruits Basket!! ^^ Wasn't expecting so many people at the gathering, but big gatherings are always fun!! :D

And winning the Marmalade Boy DVDs was certainly a plus. <33 One day I need to finally cosplay Miki!! ^^

Thank you so much for attending!  I loved that we had such a wide representation of four decades of entertainment.

I was really surprised and excited to see such a large turnout as the Old School Gathering can be hard to predict.  I think a portion of that was really thanks to the Cosplay Gatherings Department having a clearly laid out and easy to read schedule and asking for Facebook events pages.  The events page made it so easy to universally promote the gathering online and without their suggestion I probably wouldn't have made one.

I had forgotten just how much stuff I had put aside to give away!  As I would trade items or end up with duplicates, I would just put them aside and eventually there was this huge bag of stuff to give away at the gathering.  Probably no random giveaway next year as instead I plan on having a little commemorative item for everyone - planned on that this year in addition but didn't have time to get them made.