18+ My Immortal Fanfiction Live Reading Panel

Started by sammysimplicity, February 24, 2016, 12:33:50 PM

sammysimplicity

I'm thinking about hosting a 1 hour, 18+ panel for a live dramatic reading of the infamous Harry Potter fanfiction, My Immortal.  I'm curious what everyone's thoughts/opinions are on this, and also kind of polling everyone's interest.  This could either be one person (myself) reading alone, or a full cast of readers.  Also, this could be a full hour of reading, or about 45 minutes of reading with 15 of questions and comments.  So, your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  :)
Cosplay Page: www.facebook.com/sammysimplicitycosplay
--------------------------------
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Link - LoZ: OoT
Battle Lover Scarlet - Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!
Haru - Free!

YaoiCat

This reminds me of a funny panel I heard about a while back called 50 Shades of Cosplay, in which the moderator invited cosplayers to come up and read an excerpt from 50 Shades of Grey as the character that they were cosplaying, haha.  I haven't read My Immortal but I'm sure a dramatic reading would be funny :)

Firefury Amahira

There was a panel a couple of years ago that was basically Terrible Fanfic Readings, it was a riot. Needless to say, My Immortal was represented, along with several other... ah... we'll call them "gems". :P
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Acey Arisen

If you do this, I will ABSOLUTELY dust off my Enoby cosplay and wear it to the panel.
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

thepharaohinleather

Yes please omg I've never read it before and would love for my first experience to be a live, dramatic setting ffff my friends and I would definitely go if you hold this panel!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

sammysimplicity

Well, you'll all be happy to know that I submitted the panel for approval. I'll do my best to keep you all posted if it gets approved. :) Fingers crossed!
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!

JossAlias

Oh goodness I would love to participate or go to this panel! I will be more than happy to lend a voice if you'd need it! Either way if this happens I'd definitely go!

Firefury Amahira

Quote from: sammysimplicity on March 06, 2016, 06:18:14 AM
Well, you'll all be happy to know that I submitted the panel for approval. I'll do my best to keep you all posted if it gets approved. :) Fingers crossed!
Waitasec, submissions are open already? I didn't see a notice on the forums about it. o_O
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

airanimechiic

I would definitely be interested in participating in this.  8) 
Crosses fingers that this gets accepted! (I'm pretty sure it will). What time did you apply for it to be?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

tokenflipguy

I would love it because it's a inspirational piece of literature. XD
"The net is vast and infinate" - Motoko Kusanagi Ghost in the Shell

dankeykang

Holy crap I would love to be apart of thissss.

Acey Arisen

I'd also be more than willing to join in as a reader if you'd like. :)
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

sammysimplicity

So, just a little update for everyone, the panel was accepted! I'm super excited to be hosting this, and really hope you all can make it. It's going to be at 10pm on Sunday in Panel Room 3! NO PREPZ ALLOWED!
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!

dankeykang

Quote from: sammysimplicity on April 21, 2016, 11:13:01 PM
So, just a little update for everyone, the panel was accepted! I'm super excited to be hosting this, and really hope you all can make it. It's going to be at 10pm on Sunday in Panel Room 3! NO PREPZ ALLOWED!

Yay! Is it just going to be you reading or can other people get in on it?

sammysimplicity

I've already got a group of co-panelists that are going to be taking on character roles. :D
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!

airanimechiic

Quote from: sammysimplicity on April 22, 2016, 03:52:35 AM
I've already got a group of co-panelists that are going to be taking on character roles. :D

I'm also/still interested- are you taking anymore readers?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

sammysimplicity

Quote from: airanimechiic on April 26, 2016, 02:12:21 AM
Quote from: sammysimplicity on April 22, 2016, 03:52:35 AM

I'm also/still interested- are you taking anymore readers?

Like I said, I've already got a full group of readers. I do appreciate the interest though, and hope you'll still attend!
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!

sammysimplicity

So, I hosted this panel last night and I'm still so blown away how many of you guys came! I'd love to get any feedback from you all, as well as I'd if there's any interest in us doing this again next year as a longer panel! FANGS EVERYONE!
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!

Acey Arisen

This was one of the funnest panels I've ever attended, seriously. And my friend got to experience My Immortal for the first time--his reactions were PRICELESS!

And thanks for letting me come up and sing. Nice to know that my middle school emo phase was good for SOMETHING. :P
My Tumblr

sammysimplicity

Quote from: Acey Arisen on May 31, 2016, 12:56:29 PM
This was one of the funnest panels I've ever attended, seriously. And my friend got to experience My Immortal for the first time--his reactions were PRICELESS!

And thanks for letting me come up and sing. Nice to know that my middle school emo phase was good for SOMETHING. :P

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING UP TO SING! I hope that wasn't too much pressure to be put on the spot like that. Honestly, that was fantastic, and we're super happy you enjoyed it! If you're interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9rNqjy9sA here's a link to a recording of the panel! Feel free to share it around, and we're going to try to do this panel again next year!!
Fanime Cosplays 2016

Haru - Free!