Fanime Housing Question

Started by MiggySB, February 26, 2016, 11:34:48 AM

MiggySB

I was able to book my room without any problems but I'm confused on how the deposit(s) work.

I have my room booked with a credit card, from what I understand I will be getting charged two weeks prior for one nights stay plus tax. Is that the only deposit I should be expecting or would there be an additional deposit at check in? (ie, up to $100/night)

This new system is weird and it's confusing to fallow. Any replies would be appreciated!

Thank You

Kyra_Maverick

You may or may not be charged the deposit (usually one nights stay but sometimes more) up to two weeks before your arrival. If they do charge you before hand, that should be your only deposit. If they do not charge you before hand, the hotel will do so when you check in.

OtakuAngel87

From previous experiences u dont get charged at all. It's just a hold on your card for said amount. It's not until u check out so u get charged. I could be wrong and it does depend on hotels.
Quote from: MiggySB on February 26, 2016, 11:34:48 AM
I was able to book my room without any problems but I'm confused on how the deposit(s) work.

I have my room booked with a credit card, from what I understand I will be getting charged two weeks prior for one nights stay plus tax. Is that the only deposit I should be expecting or would there be an additional deposit at check in? (ie, up to $100/night)

This new system is weird and it's confusing to fallow. Any replies would be appreciated!

Thank You
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

SquishyK

as OtakuAngel said it depends on the hotel. I would suggest calling the hotel directly for specifics in this case. My personal experience has been that they charge me only when I check in and also put an additional hold on my card at check in (in case of damages to the rooms or any purchases billed to the room).
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"