Cosplay Help Panel Interest Gauging

Started by Nina Star 9, February 26, 2016, 12:40:13 PM

Nina Star 9

Hello, Fanimegoers!

I'm seriously considering putting in some of my cosplay help-related panels for this year's Fanimecon. However, I want to know which panels attendees would like to see.

I have three panels already developed (that I've given at other cons) that I'd be willing to bring to this con -- Fabric Choice for Cosplay (2hr panel with the first half covering fabric types and the second half covering how to translate images into real life), Foundation Garments for Cosplay (1hr panel about specialty undergarments that can aid in cosplay), and Body Paint 101 (1hr panel about how to turn your skin from one color to another with an assumption of no prior experience or equipment, and how to both keep the paint on your skin and behave in paint).

I'd be willing to do up to two panels for this con. Which of these topics seem the most interesting and relevant to the congoers here? Are there any other topics (barring armor, props, heavy wig styling, or Masquerades, which are things that I either have next to no experience with or am decent at but not good enough to tell others how to do it) that people would want to see? I'm more than willing to develop new panels for this con.

One idea that I had is a very basic panel about how to get started on a cosplay -- how to break down the costume's elements, find patterns and fabric and wigs, how to budget time and money, etc. -- but I'm not sure if people would attend a panel like that, since it's very beginner-oriented.

Any suggestions are welcome. :]

saite

body paint 101 sounds great! and i'd love to see a heavy wig styling panel, as well
day 1 - kenma kozume
day 2 - yang xiao long & touka kirishima
day 3 - touka kirishima
day 4 - noctis lucis caelum & tooru yukimura

Love Sign Master Spark

Makeup for cosplay newbies whether as a focused panel or part of something bigger is something I'd have an interest in attending.

Nina Star 9

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: saite on February 29, 2016, 01:05:12 PM
body paint 101 sounds great! and i'd love to see a heavy wig styling panel, as well
I've submitted this panel for Kraken-con and will likely submit it for SacAnime Summer, though I'm not sure if it'll make it to Fanime. I'll consider it. And sadly, heavy wig styling is one of those areas that I'm not good enough at yet to teach. :[

Quote from: Love Sign Master Spark on March 01, 2016, 02:41:19 AM
Makeup for cosplay newbies whether as a focused panel or part of something bigger is something I'd have an interest in attending.
Ooh that's a really good idea. I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with that (I'm decent at makeup in varying styles on myself, but I've learned mostly through experimentation), since I'm not sure how I'd be at teaching it, especially in a general way for an entire panel. I've been thinking of redoing an older panel of mine that wasn't as successful (How to Level Up Your Cosplay), and I've been considering making an entirely new really basic intro to cosplay panel, so that might be a good sub-topic under either of those.

Since I've had to decide before getting much feedback, I've decided on Fabric Choice for Cosplay and Foundation Garments for Cosplay for this con. So hopefully, once I finish the application process, one or both of those will be accepted. :] If they are, come learn about fabric types and how to choose them, and about what the best undergarments for your costume are!