Metal Gear Solid Gathering 2016

Started by VenomSnake, March 07, 2016, 12:28:09 AM

VenomSnake

Hello all! I have yet to see a Metal Gear Solid cosplay gathering on the FanimeCon Forums, and I always see MGS cosplays at Fanime every year. I want to potentially host one. I am a die hard fan, and I'll be cosplaying from Metal Gear this year. I just made this account but I have been attending FanimeCon since 2009. I'm looking to get a gathering started possibly, I read how to start one so I'm going to give it a shot. Metal Gear Solid is a huge franchise and it's one of Hideo Kojima's masterpieces. Seeing how Metal Gear Solid has come to an end now(Without Kojima.... Sigh) I want to express the love of this series and its characters. Every MGS character is welcomed from any game title. Going from Metal Gear 1-2, Metal Gear Solid 1-V, and Metal Gear Rising. I know MGS' characters are very military heavy, so lets keep our props by the FanimeCon rule standards and the gathering should be great.

I will be sharing this on Facebook, and if this forum thread booms I can post more details about Photo Orders, etc and make a Facebook event page. If you want to share this thread as well, please feel free.

Info

DAY: TBA
TIME: TBA

Cosplayers

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Solid
Captain Turbo - Solid Snake (MGS1)

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid 4

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Metal Gear Rising

Metal Gear Solid V

• Myself(Host) as Venom Snake

Others ( MGS Portable OPS, MG AC!D, etc):

Captain Turbo

I got into the MGS series last year and I love it. Loved it so much I'm going as MGS1 Solid Snake. If you can let me know where and when the gathering is, that'll be great.

Thank you.

VenomSnake

Nice! If we get enough people posting in here, we'll get a time and location from a Fanime forum admin. So spread the love about this thread if you can.

limDsage

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

tallgeese_custom2002

nbanezphotos

BOSS!!! I'll be going as a Diamond Dog.  Altho' it'd be Friday all day and Sunday afternoon.  I gotta have a shoot!  We NEED to have a gathering of MGS!

Mick C

Hi there! Was searching around to see any word of an MGS gathering, found this thread, and now I'm poking my head to see if anything's been solidified (no pun intended) up in here.

I've got a group- depending on the day/time, it'll either be a Snake Eater group (myself as Naked Snake, we have an Ocelot and The Boss confirmed as well) or a PeaceWalker group (myself as Big Boss, +friend as Paz and possibly others) so we'd love to come to a gathering if there's one happening :0

-Mick

omega_drug

If anyone is interested, I submitted a form for an official gathering.  Just in case the OP forgot or is no longer interested, I wanted to get the form in by deadline.  (And if he already did it but just didn't post it yet, then I'll withdraw my request.)  I asked for Friday, or Sat/Sun at 4pm.  If that won't work for some of you, just leave a post and I'll see what can be done.
are we having fun yet?

omega_drug

Edit2: added link to map of location
Edit: added photoshoot order (not finalized)

All right, everyone. We are official.

Metal Gear Gathering 2016

Day: Friday, May 27

Time: 4pm - 5pm

How to find it: G10 is in Cesar Chavez Park by the snake statue (insert obvious joke here, I swear I had nothing to do with that one).  You can get more information on the day of the convention at the Gatherings Table on the 1st floor of the convention center lobby area by the stairs.  Fanime's Cosplay Gathering Facebook page has a visual guide for each location:
https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConCosplayGatherings/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1363024117047904

Link to a map with the snake statue marked with a red star:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20580.msg490102.html#msg490102

As of now, the statue itself is fenced off.  I suppose we can still meet there and migrate a few steps over to the main park itself.

Cosplayers

-VenomSnake as Venom Snake
-Captain Turbo as MGS1 Solid Snake
-limDsage as The Sorrow
-tallgeese_custom2002 as Iroquois Pliskin
-nbanezphotos as a Diamond Dog
-Mick C as Naked Snake/Big Boss (+group)
-slifertheskydragon as GZ Hideo
-Foran as CFA D-Class Soldier

Photoshoot order: not official yet (taking suggestions)

-Group photo - all
-Group shot of characters from each game (starting from earliest release)
-All Snakes together
-All units together (Foxhound, Cobra, BB etc.)
-Support team characters
-Fights/Stealth/Action shots
-Joke shots (obligatory scenarios involving the legendary cardboard box, maybe, if I remember to supply one)
-Any other requests or suggestions

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Hope you all can make it.

Also: Hello, my name is omega_drug. I'll be attending as Mei Ling.  Or, if nobody shows up, I'll be attending as a random hotel receptionist who wandered away from the check out counter.
are we having fun yet?

Imperial

Quote from: omega_drug on May 17, 2016, 11:51:56 PM
G10 is in Cesar Chavez Park by the snake statue (insert obvious joke here, I swear I had nothing to do with that one).

Huehuehuehuehuehue. I got to do a funny.

omega_drug

Updated my info post to add photoshoot order. I'm open to suggestions on this.

Quote from: Imperial on May 18, 2016, 11:18:05 AM
G10 is in Cesar Chavez Park by the snake statue (insert obvious joke here, I swear I had nothing to do with that one).

Huehuehuehuehuehue. I got to do a funny.

I need a shot of all the Snakes on the snake, if possible.
are we having fun yet?

omega_drug

Updated info post to add link to a map of the area with the snake statue marked with a red star. Unfortunately, the statue itself is fenced off as of now. So the plan is to meet there and move into the main park. Hopefully any stragglers will still be able to find us.
are we having fun yet?

nbanezphotos

THANK YOU omega_drug for following up on this!  I was a little bummed out that no new info was posted even before I joined this thread.  Glad to have another gathering to look forward to at Fanime.

Edit2: added link to map of location
Edit: added photoshoot order (not finalized)

All right, everyone. We are official.

Metal Gear Gathering 2016

Day: Friday, May 27

Time: 4pm - 5pm

How to find it: G10 is in Cesar Chavez Park by the snake statue (insert obvious joke here, I swear I had nothing to do with that one).  You can get more information on the day of the convention at the Gatherings Table on the 1st floor of the convention center lobby area by the stairs.  Fanime's Cosplay Gathering Facebook page has a visual guide for each location:
https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConCosplayGatherings/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1363024117047904

Link to a map with the snake statue marked with a red star:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20580.msg490102.html#msg490102

As of now, the statue itself is fenced off.  I suppose we can still meet there and migrate a few steps over to the main park itself.

Cosplayers

-VenomSnake as Venom Snake
-Captain Turbo as MGS1 Solid Snake
-limDsage as The Sorrow
-tallgeese_custom2002 as Iroquois Pliskin
-nbanezphotos as a Diamond Dog
-Mick C as Naked Snake/Big Boss (+group)

Photoshoot order: not official yet (taking suggestions)

-Group photo - all
-Group shot of characters from each game (starting from earliest release)
-All Snakes together
-All units together (Foxhound, Cobra, BB etc.)
-Support team characters
-Fights/Stealth/Action shots
-Joke shots (obligatory scenarios involving the legendary cardboard box, maybe, if I remember to supply one)
-Any other requests or suggestions

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Hope you all can make it.

Also: Hello, my name is omega_drug. I'll be attending as Mei Ling.  Or, if nobody shows up, I'll be attending as a random hotel receptionist who wandered away from the check out counter.

VenomSnake

Quote from: omega_drug on May 15, 2016, 12:19:30 AM
If anyone is interested, I submitted a form for an official gathering.  Just in case the OP forgot or is no longer interested, I wanted to get the form in by deadline.  (And if he already did it but just didn't post it yet, then I'll withdraw my request.)  I asked for Friday, or Sat/Sun at 4pm.  If that won't work for some of you, just leave a post and I'll see what can be done.
Thank you for taking over for me! I did not notice anyone posted really and I wanted to give it time. I'll definitely show up on Friday!

slifertheskydragon

ill try to come by as GZ Hideo lol

omega_drug

No problem, guys. I hope to see you all there.  ;)
are we having fun yet?

Foran

Heya! I'll probably stop by in my CFA(contract forces of Africa) d-class soldier cosplay.

tokenflipguy

"The net is vast and infinate" - Motoko Kusanagi Ghost in the Shell

Ninjainferno

Was there as one of the Venom Snakes in Fatigues :)

omega_drug

Hi, all.  Just wanted to thank everyone for showing up. Also, have to apologize as the host for being late to my own gathering (got caught in Memorial Weekend traffic, then got misdirected to the wrong area while looking for where to check in). But I'm glad people took initiative and took care of things. By the look of it, we had a really good turn out.

I'll update this thread once the Fanime official photos become available.  And of course, if anyone took their own photos and wanted to share, please post them here.
are we having fun yet?