Make Your Gathering Official Form

Started by Imperial, March 15, 2016, 04:59:20 PM

keitoghostie

Is G4 still available as a gathering spot? I'm not seeing it on the form.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: keitoghostie on April 25, 2017, 12:46:32 PM

No, The Hub (Gatherings G4) is not available this year.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Imperial

Quote from: InsaneDavid on April 25, 2017, 06:12:07 PM

Correct, Hub is now being used for Registration. Kinda sad, and I will be editing my mistakes.

keitoghostie

Quote from: Imperial on April 27, 2017, 12:58:14 PM
Quote from: InsaneDavid on April 25, 2017, 06:12:07 PM

Correct, Hub is now being used for Registration. Kinda sad, and I will be editing my mistakes.
Thank you both!

omega_drug

Just saw the updated 4/21 gathering list on facebook. I submitted for a Metal Gear gathering on 4/15, but I noticed it wasn't on the list. Just wanted to get a follow up on this since the deadline is approaching. Thanks in advance.
are we having fun yet?

G-Force

I submitted my form a while back and heard now update (pro wrestling gathering), did I submit missing information or is it just taking a bit longer to process? Let me know if there's anything to fix.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Imperial on March 15, 2016, 04:59:20 PM
Now that you have read what is needed from you for me to get to your gathering into my system of organizing the gatherings, The link to the form is http://apps.fanime.com/2017/gatheringapp/

Hey Imperial! I've already posted my gathering on the site with the form format you provided. (Hosting the Tokyo Ghoul Gathering)
But since the link isn't working to the gathering app (I assume the new form hasn't been created yet for 2018), is there an expected date for when it opens up so we'll be able to submit the form?
"Please don't.."

Imperial

Quote from: Imperial on March 15, 2016, 05:02:58 PM
Where it asks for what place you want to hold your gathering, I am keeping the code spots the same if you remember them Vets, otherwise, this post here will be continuously updated as with pictures to the code name for the place.

G1 = Gatherings Table = 1st floor Convention Center Lobby Area at the foot of the stairs
G2 = Tiered Platform (1st floor lobby by East stairs)
G3 = Downstairs Tiered Platform (on the lower floor, the wooden steps close to video)
G4 = Marriott Side
G5 = "The Art Spot" (front of the convention center under large art piece)
G6 = "Fallout Zone" outside alcove in front of Convention Center
G7 =  "The SLAB" (outside the Hilton Hotel Bar)
G8 a-c = Tree Area (tree area @ foot of stairs by "The Slab")
G9 =   Off Site (Check Gatherings Table on 1st floor to find out off site location info)

JiiiWiz

If any questions arise, do not be afraid to post here on it, and I will answer it as promptly as I can.

Any news or updates for the official form and when it'll be open to submit our gatherings from the app?
"Please don't.."

Imperial

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on January 30, 2018, 09:41:00 PM
If any questions arise, do not be afraid to post here on it, and I will answer it as promptly as I can.

Any news or updates for the official form and when it'll be open to submit our gatherings from the app?

well, I do get to see the person who is working on said form on the 10th, so you could say an announcement of an announcement is the tenth of this month.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Imperial on February 02, 2018, 09:13:59 PM
well, I do get to see the person who is working on said form on the 10th, so you could say an announcement of an announcement is the tenth of this month.

Ah, alright! Just another question though, do we all really need to wait till May 14th to get a confirmation on our gatherings slots as well receiving for the day, times, locations?
I feel as if this isn't enough time for cosplayers who would like to attend the gatherings to know if they would want to attend or not since it's only about 10 days before the con. Some cosplayers plan ahead of time so they'll need to know the exact day and such as soon as possible in order to see if they are able to make it. I've had others who came asking about my gathering and they were wondering about the same thing.
"Please don't.."

InsaneDavid

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on February 05, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Ah, alright! Just another question though, do we all really need to wait till May 14th to get a confirmation on our gatherings slots as well receiving for the day, times, locations?
I feel as if this isn't enough time for cosplayers who would like to attend the gatherings to know if they would want to attend or not since it's only about 10 days before the con. Some cosplayers plan ahead of time so they'll need to know the exact day and such as soon as possible in order to see if they are able to make it. I've had others who came asking about my gathering and they were wondering about the same thing.

If I remember correctly, the May 14th date was for 2017 and was a last minute catch-all contingency for hosts that were unable to have their requested gathering times / locations fulfilled.  It was so an alternate time / location could get worked out before the gatherings list went to print for convention materials, basically the last stop before the final list was set in stone - or cardboard.  Again, that's what I recall from last year - I'm not convention staff or anything.  The gathering list came out well in advance of that date, it was just the last date for changes.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Imperial

Quote from: InsaneDavid on February 06, 2018, 08:10:56 AM
Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on February 05, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

If I remember correctly, the May 14th date was for 2017 and was a last minute catch-all contingency for hosts that were unable to have their requested gathering times / locations fulfilled.  It was so an alternate time / location could get worked out before the gatherings list went to print for convention materials, basically the last stop before the final list was set in stone - or cardboard.  Again, that's what I recall from last year - I'm not convention staff or anything.  The gathering list came out well in advance of that date, it was just the last date for changes.

exactly, the 14th was a catch all. I will adjust that date as soon as I have certainty on items. normally I will try to give you a certain spot within reasonable turnaround of the submission sent in.

olingamer

Hello. I'm wondering if I can resubmit my form if I made a mistake on my form. When I said 20 people I didn't realize so many people would want to come so now I'd say the people coming is around 50-60. Also is it possible to have two gatherings for the same series on different days? I'm trying to have a fate series gathering on Saturday (which I forgot to say is the only day it would work considering my plans for that weekend)and someone else made a different post with another fate series gathering for Friday.
Fanime 2019 lineup
Friday: TBD
Saturday: Sigurd (Fate Grand Order)
Sunday: TBD

merlin

Regarding the fate gatherings, if we cannot make 2 of the same, can we make the saturday one a fate gathering and the friday one a type moon universe gathering?

olingamer

I'm cool with that. How about you moderator?
Fanime 2019 lineup

Imperial

merlin

Issue resolved

olingamer

Fanime 2019 lineup

Imperial

We are still working on the form for this year, but we will announce when it is ready.