Final Fantasy Gathering 2017 Thread

Started by Angelx624, March 18, 2016, 06:26:18 PM

Angelx624

UPDATE: Well, I think I'll keep with my status as thread organizer, since no one else is making a thread for this........ T_T Buuut if someone really wants to make one, by all means, please do! But until then, I'll just keep everything FF gathering-related for 2017 here! So that we can have a gathering again..... <3 Also, like last year, I'm hoping to have help with this gathering. ^^;

Alright! So, onto the good stuff!!

Day: Saturday
Time: 10am

Link to event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/704666643040340/

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Current number of attendees: 10 and counting?

List of Attendees
Angelx624 - Tifa Lockhart(AC)
blueberry-waffle - Freya
evilNikki - Ignis
evilNikki's crew - Noctis, Gladio, Prompto
tobisebaschan - Prompto(goofy version)
tobisebaschan's friend - Cindy
KuriQueenofFeels - Lunafreya(Kingsglaive)
givemevon - Prompto
Daemyen - Red XIII
SSJgoku88 - Aerith/Aeris
SSJgoku88's crew - FF7 group
Kagura - Noctis(Kingly Raiment)
Kranz - FFXIV Black Mage

List of Final Fantasys/Photo Order
FFI
FFII
FFIII
FFIV
FFV
FFVI
FFVII (ALL Versions)
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX (ALL Versions)
FF XI
FF XII
FF XIII (ALL Versions)
FF XIV
FF XV
Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles
Dissidia
EX Burst
Type-O
Final Fantasy Tactics & Advanced:
Final Fantasy Kingdom Hearts (any)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Other FF Characters
(Special!) Non-FF Square Enix Characters
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Nina Star 9

Would non-FF Square characters be welcome at this gathering? specially ones from series that no one cosplays from and wouldn't have their own gathering?

I doubt I'll be able to do Ultimecia for the gathering again (nearly killed me last year), but I'm planning on bringing Angela from Seiken Densetsu 3, and since no one cosplays from the Mana series but me, there's no point in a separate gathering for it.

Of course, this depends on timing of the gathering -- I have a big unrelated group planned for Saturday afternoon -- but if it's noon or otherwise early in the day again, I'd be willing to slot Angela in that time, if my obscure old cosplay would be welcome despite not being FF specifically.

Angelx624

I think that would be fine! I've heard of the Mana series(think I played a bit of one of the games before on an emulator? :X As far as memory serves, anyway...)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Nina Star 9

Cool!

I'm a fan of the Mana series, but it doesn't get enough love. Legend of Mana is my favorite game of all time.

If you played on an emulator, it was probably either Secret of Mana (the first of the series to make it to the US), or Seiken 3 (which never made it to the US but there were some sketchy and incomplete translation patches that allowed me to play...most of it).

I'll let you know on the cosplay once I figure out a few photoshoot things (a lot of this depends on when I'm doing an Ultimecia shoot, since the rest of my schedule will fall into place after that), but you can put me down as a solid "maybe."

Angelx624

Noted!!

(With that aside, still looking for a host for this gathering!!)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kite

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kite

Cool

But I would suggest you sign in to the gathering as soon as possible before you lose a good spot.

Just pick a day and time for now that looks good to which you can change later if needed. Better to have a spot saved for now.

Angelx624

It's been submitted. Kinda hoping for Monday, if that's ok with everyone! I know Monday's not really a big day, but I'm sure it can still work somehow!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

saite

Awesome! With the FFXV hype strong this week, I've decided to add Noctis to my lineup, and Monday's the perfect day cuz the rest of my weekend is already packed x_x lol lmk if you're still looking for a host or if someone has already volunteered~
day 1 - kenma kozume
day 2 - yang xiao long & touka kirishima
day 3 - touka kirishima
day 4 - noctis lucis caelum & tooru yukimura

Kite

If time permits it I might be able to come as Noctis from the new and upcoming FF15.

But don't cross your fingers as this would be a very last minute project.

Nina Star 9

If it's Monday, I probably won't be able to make it, but don't base the date off of me. :]

I feel like it'll be a smaller gathering if it's Monday, and with FF being a hugely popular series (and with the new game coming out) it might make it hard on a lot of attendees...maybe take a poll somewhere more populated than these forums, like Facebook?

Angelx624

Well, I submitted the gathering a few days ago so that we'd have a better choice of day and time. If the gathering does happen to be on Saturday, it would probably be around 3pm. Saturday is do-able, though, as long as it's around that time.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kite

Saturday at 3 would certainly be the most optimal for people to show up.

But as the gathering host, in the end it's your call.

Angelx624

Uhm, technically I'm not the host, as I've stated in the first post. It's just that no one made a thread for this gathering, so I made one in case others forgot or something.... and then somehow everyone started calling me gathering host..... :x Yes, since I made the thread, I have to submit the gathering and whatnot, but when con comes around, I'm not gonna be the person fully in charge. (^^)" I know it sounds confusing, but I'm just running the thread!! Also I had to submit the gathering already in order to have a more open selection of days/times, that way we can work something out for everyone, or mostly everyone!!

Perhaps Saturday at 3pm will be our time, but if other gatherings are in the way, then Monday is our other option! However, you can't please everyone, unfortunately. :x
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kite

Well no worries.

I'll try to help out the best I can.

saite

Hi @Angelx624! I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through :/ If you're still looking for a host, I'll volunteer to take over. I've hosted a number of gatherings before, and photographed the FF gathering at AX last year too. Hopefully the cosplay gathering department gets back to you soon about the date/time submission you sent them. Just let me know, and I can create a Facebook event page and recruit as many FF cosplayers as possible :)
day 1 - kenma kozume
day 3 - touka kirishima

Angelx624

Ahh, yes, it went through, and I keep meaning to respond, but it slips my mind........ :x

Anyways, that would be great! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

saite

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 04, 2016, 05:06:49 PM
Ahh, yes, it went through, and I keep meaning to respond, but it slips my mind........ :x

Anyways, that would be great! ^^

Yeah, no prob! I don't mind. I'll keep a lookout for when the department updates the list, then create the FB event. Hopefully soon, since it's been over a week now.
day 1 - kenma kozume
day 3 - touka kirishima

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)