Music to help your work happy?

Started by Imperial, March 20, 2016, 10:08:29 AM

Imperial

As I work on my props and forms for fanime, I often have a good pace to music playing in the background. as I dont want to be dependant on just soundcloud and music from my work for music playing, what do you guys listen to as you work on things for con?

Currently on my list

Savant in his entire discography
Purity Ring
Madeon
Persona Q soundtrack
Xenoblade Chronicles Soundtrack
Bradio
The Copy, Paste, And Kill album (If you loved the soundtrack of Kill La Kill, You might enjoy this album)
Pentatonix
La Roux - Trouble in paradise
NSP - Under the covers

InsaneDavid

Cool topic!

I keep the same general rotation -

Guitar Vader discography
SST Band discography (Sega's house band for many years, their live album is spectacular)
Any soundtrack from any Parodius game, so more or less the Parodius discography.
Let's Go Away - The Video Game Daytona USA Anniversary Sound Box (four CDs of the greatest upbeat video game music of all time)
Metal Slug Complete Sound Box (hours and hours of triumphant music)
Perihelion Radio out of Cincinnati via RadioTuna.com - RadioTuna.com is a great online radio service.

Alternatively I often have Chrontendo (or Chronsega or Chronturbo) running in the background when working on cosplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Chrontendo - it's a long running video program about playing every Famicom / NES game (or Mark III / Master System or PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16) in chronological order.  It also serves as a snapshot of the greater video game industry throughout the years that the games were released.  Kind of a more academic look at the history of popular video games.  I've seen them all dozens of times but for whatever reason, having it on keeps my working pace up and has really expanded my Famicom / PC Engine / Mark III release knowledge.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Angelx624

For me, Final Fantasy soundtracks are rather nice music to have in the background. 8D I especially love the soundtrack to VIII.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Nina Star 9

Quote from: InsaneDavid on March 20, 2016, 05:40:23 PM
Guitar Vader discography
Guitar Vader fan fistbump! I love them a lot. Sad they broke up (and that they didn't get to come to Fanime that one year).

When I need to focus on something, I tend to listen to one of two things: video game music (I'm partial to Yoko Shimomura -- the Legend of Mana and Radiant Historia soundtracks are in heavy rotation), or Utena dueling themes. It depends partially on what I'm doing. If I want something soft and in the background to relax into, Yoko Shimomura works well. If I need to be pumped and feel like I need to swordfight a dude, Utena music. (It makes great workout music too)

When I'm working on cosplay, I usually listen to music related to the thing I'm cosplaying from. So when working on Ultimecia, I'll listen to the FFVIII soundtracks, etc. I'll also put Utena on in the background when working because it's oddly good for that.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on March 23, 2016, 11:55:59 AM
Quote from: InsaneDavid on March 20, 2016, 05:40:23 PM
Guitar Vader discography
Guitar Vader fan fistbump! I love them a lot. Sad they broke up (and that they didn't get to come to Fanime that one year).

Absolutely.  Every time I introduce someone to Guitar Vader I have to lament how they never gained the big stardom they deserved and by the time there was a shot of that in the west, it was already too late.  "Greatest little band you've never heard of."
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Prodigal Daughter

I usually put a show on-- making my Homura Akemi cosplay a couple years ago was how I watched all of Adventure Time that was out at that point, and I listened to Welcome to Night Vale while making Bubblegum the year after-- but when I listen to music while working it's usually Gorillaz, Moxy Früvous, My Chemical Romance, or somebody else with an exciting/driving kind of feel.

...but then sometimes I just go for Peggy Seeger and Jean Redpath.
When we were young, we used to say that you only hear the music when your heart begins to break... now we are the kids from yesterday.

_Kai_

Man, Guitar Vader......
There was a time where the soundtrack to Jet Set Radio Future was my all the time every time music :D

johntaylor

hello evryone i'm new user when i'm sad then to make happy give good feel.

regards
john
24*7 assignment help  uk

essaybox

We are happy to join this topic. We provide essay writing service in uk to college students.

RehmaanMalik

Ui Developer @ RailsCarma & Carmatec