Checking in to a hotel when not the primary registrant

Started by Prodigal Daughter, March 21, 2016, 02:36:38 PM

Prodigal Daughter

So, my friends and I are sharing a room-- we used Friend A's priority window, because hers was first, but I made the reservation and used my card, because I'm the one who tends to do official setting-up sort of stuff. It's looking like Friend A might not arrive until Friday, though, and we have the room starting Thursday. Will Friend B and I be able to check in without her? My name is on the payment, but Friend A's is on the registration. We can figure out how to submit an official change of the primary registrant if we need to, but I'm hoping we don't, because... hassle....

Thanks in advance, anyone who has information on this!
When we were young, we used to say that you only hear the music when your heart begins to break... now we are the kids from yesterday.

YoureMyHiro

It can be done with the Marriott, I did this last year with a friend of mine however my friend had to call in and alert the hotel concierge that I (2nd Guest Listed on the hotel reservation) would be checking in for us that day even though I was not the primary registrant. For us it was a bit difficult because the initial registration was setup using HIS payment information and for me to check in, they had to use MINE which created some slight complications.

Albeit, in your case, since your billing information is the one initially on file, it should not be a problem assuming WHEREVER you're staying maintains similar policies. I can't say how easy or difficult this might be with any other hotel.

As a last alternative, you can always make the formal request in writing to Fanime Housing (via the CMR housing site contact page) to change the primary hotel name to yourself and that relieves all ends. Good luck!

Prodigal Daughter

Oh, beautiful! We're also at the Mariott, so that ties things up very nicely. Thank you so much for your help!
When we were young, we used to say that you only hear the music when your heart begins to break... now we are the kids from yesterday.