Shin Megami Tensei / Persona Gathering 2016 - Includes all Altus Games!

Started by airyu, March 27, 2016, 10:52:33 AM

airyu

News of the gathering:

1. Linefaced and G-Force have offered to run this gathering. I (Airyu) will continue to update this thread with attendees as more people comment.
2. Comment below if you would like to attend either gathering (daytime or midnight).
3. Gathering is not listed as "Atlus Games". It is listed as "Shin Megami Tensei / Persona", so this post has been changed to reflect that. However, you are more than welcome to attend if your cosplay is from a non-SMT Atlus game.

Name of the gathering: Shin Megami Tensei / Persona

This Gathering Includes: Any Atlus video game character. A non-exhaustive list includes Shin Megami Tense video games (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor, etc.), Catherine, Trauma Center games, Etrian Odyssey and Etrian Mystery, Odin Sphere, etc. If your cosplay is from ANY ATLUS GAME AT ALL you are more than welcome to take part.

Day: Saturday
Time: 2-3PM
Meeting Place (MP): G4
Location (L): G4

"G4," also known as "The Hub," is the stage area on the 1st floor, located in the alcove. Walk straight ahead through the main lobby of the convention center, between the two staircases.

There will also be a Midnight gathering
Day: Saturday
Time: 11:50PM
Meeting Place (MP): G4
Location (L): G4

Cosplayers: -This list is in progress-

Linefaced - Raidou Kuzunoha (Devil Summoner) or Kanami Mashita (Persona 4: Dancing All Night)
G-Force?
Airyu - Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Suzume2007 - Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Ohrein - Ken Amada with Koromaru (Persona 3)
Creylune - Moh Shuvuu with Raiho (Shin Megami Tensei)
KiraKiraKyra - Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
WafflesMcCoy - Sho Minazuki (Persona 4 Arena Ultimax) and the Joker version of Tatsuya Sudou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
AdriaticCosplay - Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4: Dancing All Night)
Crispykringles - Anne Takamaki (Persona 5)
PandaroxCosplay - Regular or Phantom Theif version of the Protagonist (Persona 5)
Junkos - Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4: Dancing All Night)
+21 interested (via Facebook)

Photo Order: (Thank you to HeeroYuy135 for help with this)

- Group Shot

- Shin Megami Tensei Series

- Any other series that attend (eg. if we get Catherine attendees, there will be a Catherine specific group shot)

- Persona Series (note that Persona shots will be saved for after the other groups, as the Persona series tends to represent the bulk of SMT cosplayers)

- Arcanas (eg. Fool, Strengh, Fortune, etc)

- Canon Groups (eg. the original SEES group from P3 (Mitsuru, Akihiko, Shijuro), etc.)

- Scene re-enactments by request

- Finishing Group Shot

- Fan Requests

- If, during the photo shoot, your series/characters is/are not called up, PLEASE let us know so that we can include you and your awesomeness!!!

Legal Statement: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/207947329577895/

Link to other gathering relevant things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlus_games

Thank you, and see you at the gathering! <3

ohrein

I might be able to make this as Ken Amada (from P3). If I can, I'll bring along my Koromaru prop as well!

airyu

Quote from: ohrein on March 27, 2016, 10:58:26 AM
I might be able to make this as Ken Amada (from P3). If I can, I'll bring along my Koromaru prop as well!

Oooh that would be wonderful! :3
I am going to be Chie Satonaka, and my friend will be Naoto Shirogane, from P4~

creylune

Hey! I'll be attending as Moh Shuvuu (with a Raiho plush) from Shin Megami Tensei. I'm good any day.

In recent years Linefaced, G-Force, and HeeroYuy135 have ran the gatherings, so maybe contact them? o:

Also, you might want to change the spelling of Atlus since it might confuse people ^o^)/
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup
- Mauve (ACCA 13)
- Akira Kurusu/Protagonist (P5)

@creylune and creylune on tumblr!

airyu

Quote from: creylune on March 27, 2016, 11:21:17 PM
Hey! I'll be attending as Moh Shuvuu (with a Raiho plush) from Shin Megami Tensei. I'm good any day except for Saturday 2-4pm.

In recent years Linefaced, G-Force, and HeeroYuy135 have ran the gatherings, so maybe contact them? o:

Also, you might want to change the spelling of Atlus since it might confuse people ^o^)/

Yes! That sounds amazing!

Thank you for this info. I will send them a pm.

Derp, oh the joys of autocorrect! I need to get a proper non-work computer, so I can do stuff like this not on my phone. Thank you for catching that!

linefaced

Hi everybody! I'm Line, one half of your hosts. I'll be attending this year as either Raidou from Devil Summoner or Kanami from P4D, most likely! I submitted our gathering request form and hopefully will be hearing back with an official time soon, and I also requested that we set up a midnight gathering again, if there is interest in that. (For those of you joining us for the first time, our midnight gathering at Fanime tends to be more of a brief social meetup than a gathering proper.) Please let us know if you'd like that to be set up!

For those of you with Facebook, we've created an event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/207947329577895/ that you can RSVP to as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

kirakirakyra

I'm planning on making a Mitsuru Kirijo cosplay! I'd be more than happy to join in.

wafflesmccoy

Hi there!! Waffles here, and I'll be there as Sho Minazuki from P4A Ultimax and Sudou (JOKER) from Persona 2 Eternal Punishment!

linefaced

Hi everyone, update time! Our gathering will be on Saturday, from 2-3 PM, at location G4. (G4 is "The Hub", aka the stage area on the 1st floor, in the alcove. It's straight ahead if you walk through the main lobby of the con center and between the two staircases, same place as the last few years.)

And the next question: is there interest in a midnight gathering? It looks like I may need to submit a separate form for it, and I want to make sure there is legitimate interest before I schedule something. Please let me know! We'll probably schedule it for Saturday night.

airyu

Quote from: kirakirakyra on April 05, 2016, 02:20:55 PM
I'm planning on making a Mitsuru Kirijo cosplay! I'd be more than happy to join in.

Awesome! I can't wait to see you there~ I love Mitsuru~

airyu

Quote from: wafflesmccoy on April 09, 2016, 02:27:17 PM
Hi there!! Waffles here, and I'll be there as Sho Minazuki from P4A Ultimax and Sudou (JOKER) from Persona 2 Eternal Punishment!

Those both sound freakin' sweet. I haven't seen anyone cosplay King Leo before!

airyu

Quote from: linefaced on April 11, 2016, 02:23:36 PM
Hi everyone, update time! Our gathering will be on Saturday, from 2-3 PM, at location G4. (G4 is "The Hub", aka the stage area on the 1st floor, in the alcove. It's straight ahead if you walk through the main lobby of the con center and between the two staircases, same place as the last few years.)

And the next question: is there interest in a midnight gathering? It looks like I may need to submit a separate form for it, and I want to make sure there is legitimate interest before I schedule something. Please let me know! We'll probably schedule it for Saturday night.

Awesome, thank you for submitting the form! I updated the post to reflect all this. Please let me know if I need to make any changes!

Rinv4

This gathering is right after another gathering I intend to go to, so I'll probably attempt to hurry back to my hotel and quick change into Dancing All Night Rise. Unfortunately I'll very likely show up late. If you're doing shots in order of character, would it be possible for me to request to delay the Rise shots by doing all the other P4 characters before her? (X ~ X ; )

I'm also interested in the midnight gathering since I'm missing part of the main gathering, but the last time I attended the midnight one we posed for two shots and it was declared over. I found it to be very disappointing (especially since I had gotten out of my pajamas back into cosplay!), will this year be the same? I understand it's more of a social gathering, but I'd hope for a chance to do more photos if I'm going to be attending in cosplay. :/
Instagram (◕‿◕✿)

linefaced

Quote from: AdriaticCosplay on April 12, 2016, 06:32:06 PM
This gathering is right after another gathering I intend to go to, so I'll probably attempt to hurry back to my hotel and quick change into Dancing All Night Rise. Unfortunately I'll very likely show up late. If you're doing shots in order of character, would it be possible for me to request to delay the Rise shots by doing all the other P4 characters before her? (X ~ X ; )

I'm also interested in the midnight gathering since I'm missing part of the main gathering, but the last time I attended the midnight one we posed for two shots and it was declared over. I found it to be very disappointing (especially since I had gotten out of my pajamas back into cosplay!), will this year be the same? I understand it's more of a social gathering, but I'd hope for a chance to do more photos if I'm going to be attending in cosplay. :/

Hi there! We could try to delay some of the P4 shots entirely by just doing the SMT shots before the Persona ones (which I personally think is probably best; Persona 3/4 is usually most of the gathering and we definitely want to make sure that anyone who shows up from other series gets some time in the limelight as well) but the timing all depends very highly on who shows up and how many different characters/series we have, so I can't make any promises there. If you show up late, come find one of us and let us know, and we will find a way to make sure you get in a photo.

The midnight gathering is along the same lines, unfortunately: how we do it depends on who shows up. If there's a lot of people there who couldn't make it to the daytime gathering, we can spend more time on photos, but it also depends on how many photographers show up, too. We sort of have to play that one by ear. I have submitted a request for a midnight gathering since there was a decent amount of interest, so I'll update this thread again if and when I hear back.

As a general PSA: the advice above applies to anyone else who shows up at this gathering, too! As much as G and I would love to have infinite time to play all Atlus games, we haven't gotten through all of them and are not always familiar with your character/game. So if you show up as one of the more "obscure" Atlus games and we somehow miss you when we're calling up series/characters, please, PLEASE let us know!! We're familiar enough with most of the SMT/Persona games and we do our best to include everyone who shows up in at least a few photos, but we only have so much time for games and would appreciate it if you spoke up because we don't want to leave you out! Please also show up with photo ideas if you can, we'll try our best to come up with some shots on our own but if we don't know your game we don't always have the best idea of what you'd like to do. The "Requests" part of the gathering is a great time to pester us.

We hate seeing gatherings where characters get called up for group shots and then ignored the rest of the time, so make sure we know you're there!

crispykringles

I'm going to be Anne Takamaki from P5 on Saturday and I would love to go!

airyu

Quote from: crispykringles on April 17, 2016, 02:24:14 PM
I'm going to be Anne Takamaki from P5 on Saturday and I would love to go!

Awesome!  Can't wait to see you there!

PandaroxCosplay

Hi! I'll be there as either the P5 protagonist or his Phantom Thief version, it depends when I'll change into it though.  :)

junkos

♡ FANIME  (san jose, ca)
⋆ fem!shikamaru naru // naruto
⋆ rise kujikawa // persona: dancing all night
⋆ kazahana // fire emblem fates

airyu

Quote from: PandaroxCosplay on April 24, 2016, 04:09:18 PM
Hi! I'll be there as either the P5 protagonist or his Phantom Thief version, it depends when I'll change into it though.  :)

Oooo! I can't wait to get the chance to play P5! See you there!

airyu