Studio Ghibli Gathering 2016

Started by Navashuryn, March 28, 2016, 07:14:43 AM

Navashuryn

Hello, all Studio Ghibli cosplayers, and welcome, welcome! This will be my first time hosting a gathering, unless someone else wants to step up and take the job, so I'll appreciate any help and advice. Well, then, let's get this party started!

Day : Saturday
Time : 10-11am
Location : G2 = Tiered Platform (1st floor lobby by East stairs)

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Cosplayers
Estimated Attendees 16+ (13 Maybes)
Myself as Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)
Simbasuga as Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service) - Depending on day
Simbasuga's Friend as Tombo (Kiki's Delivery Service) - Depending on day
Hatter as Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
Hatter's Friend as Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)
Vmarie and Family as Ashitaka and Mononoke (Princess Mononoke), Nausicaa (NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind), and No Face (Spirited Away)
Tiptop as Laputa robot (Castle in the Sky)
Life and Friends as Haku (Spirited Away), Chihiro (Spirited Away), Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle), Sheeta (Castle in the Sky), and possibly Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service) and No-Face (Spirited Away)

Photo Order (Any suggestions, including order, are welcome.)
+Group Photo(s)
+Spirited Away
+Kiki's Delivery Service
+Princess Mononoke
+Howl's Moving Castle
+Ponyo
+Castle in the Sky
+My Neighbor Totoro
+NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind
+Other Misc Characters
+Requests

Facebook Link https://m.facebook.com/events/456403847892671

Navashuryn

Updated with a Facebook event! Edit: Oops, I realized after the fact that I had forgotten to change the date when creating the Facebook event, so I had to delete and remake. That's what happens when you try to hurry and finish before getting off the bus after a long day at work, lol. Anyway, new event is up and can be updated!

kit rose

If it's Friday or Monday, I can attend as Kiki!! And I will hopefully have a Tombo to accompany me.
@sugarespecter

Fanime 2019: TBD

Navashuryn

Well, Friday definitely seems to have a lot of openings, so that is a possibility. I'm not even sure if they are doing official gatherings on Monday, since they aren't listed, but it is technically still part of the con, so I included it anyways. I'll put you down as maybe, depending on the day?

Navashuryn

Okay, so so far I have two votes for Saturday, one for Friday or Monday, and one no preference (me). I also only have three confirmed cosplayers... so someone hadn't posted yet. :'( Anyone else have an opinion or desire to come?

Luna Scamander

I'll be there as Howl, and might have a Sophie, but it'll depend if she gets the time to finish it!

Navashuryn

Quote from: Hatter on April 05, 2016, 09:18:46 PM
I'll be there as Howl, and might have a Sophie, but it'll depend if she gets the time to finish it!
Awesome! And she could come, anyway! All Ghibli fans are welcome. ;D Edit: Oh, and did you have a day preference?

Luna Scamander

Quote from: Navashuryn on April 05, 2016, 09:23:40 PM
Quote from: Hatter on April 05, 2016, 09:18:46 PM
Awesome! And she could come, anyway! All Ghibli fans are welcome. ;D Edit: Oh, and did you have a day preference?

Uh, I'm attempting to also get Gowther for 7 Deadly Sins together, and that gathering is Sat at 3-4, so... either hours before that or Fri/Sun works for us!

Navashuryn

Quote from: Hatter on April 05, 2016, 09:33:52 PM
Uh, I'm attempting to also get Gowther for 7 Deadly Sins together, and that gathering is Sat at 3-4, so... either hours before that or Fri/Sun works for us!

Lol, okay. I'll see what I can do. Morning does sound nice, especially for those of us wearing long-sleeved cosplays.

vmarie

my family is doing chibli cosplays, we have ashitaka, baby mononoke, and kid nausicaa, hopefully I will have my no face done in time. we haven't planned what day we will be wearing what cosplays so we can just plan around this group meet...but I'm sure we won't be at con on monday

Navashuryn

Sounds good to me! And I think I shall be sending in the application on my next day off or so... Which is Sunday. Any opinions on the locations? I've never participated in an official gathering before, lol.

Navashuryn

Tiptop

The Laputa robot will return! New and improved! (well... 10% less jank)

Navashuryn

Awesome! You will be most welcome.  ;D

Jubeichan

Friday or Sunday would've been a better day since I want to go to another gathering this day, but it's ok. If I can find my way around, I'll be there. It'll be my first time going, so hopefully I don't get lost, hahaha. I'll be cosplaying as Chihiro and possibly my boyfriend cosplay as Haku, if I finish his cosplay on time, since I'm such a slacker.

Navashuryn

Well, I was hosting another gathering where the people seemed to have a preference for Friday, and I had a poll up on this thread that indicated people preferred Saturday, sooo... That's why I went with Saturday. I also made it early, just in case people had a later gathering they wanted to go to. But I can't please everyone. In my defense, I did put anytime on Sunday as a possibility on the form, and they decided to give me Saturday morning.

life

My friends and I are attending this! We'll be cosplaying Haku, Chihiro, Sophie, Sheeta, and possibly Kiki and No-Face. Hope to see you guys there~

Navashuryn

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you all there!

Navashuryn

Four more days until Fanime (three, if you count Day 0). Just thought I would let everyone know that the location may change on the day of the gathering, but there will be staff members to direct everyone to the new location.