Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler 2016

Started by carmillajo, March 28, 2016, 01:01:39 PM

What Day Would You Like This Gathering to Be?

Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday

carmillajo

Hi all!

Since I haven't seen any official Black Butler gathering yet, I thought I'd organize one. I've never organized a cosplay gathering before, so hope you can bear with me. I'm super excited to meet other Black Butler cosplayers, though!

Name of the gathering: Black Butler

Day : Sunday
Time : 11AM-12PM
Location (L) : G6

Cosplayers :
CarmillaJo: Sieglinde Sullivan (and maybe Doll if there's time/luggage space)
Airanimechiic: R-rated Grell
DareDreemer: Nina Hopkins (Grell in case if Nina doesn't work out)

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order:
Definitely Sebastian and Ciel together.
Maybe the Noah's Circus troupe?

Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/996872273730009/

News of the gathering : Sunday, 11-12, G6 (tree area at foot of stairs by "The Slab")

airanimechiic

I'll be coming as Rated-R Grell again.
By the way, the facebook event link seems to be broken?

I suggest Sunday since that's the day of the Black&White ball

(I'm also a Fanimaid this year, so slightly biased for in between 2PM & 4PM)
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

DareDreemer

If my costume gets finished in time, I will be Nina Hopkins. However, Grell is always my backup. And if you need any help or advice running the gathering, don't hesitate to ask. As I said in the other thread, I'm currently the lead host for SacAnime's Black Butler Gathering.

carmillajo

@airanimechiic I updated the link. Give it a try again? I looked at the event I made, and realized it was private, so updated the event so that it would be public.

@DareDreemer I've never seen anyone cosplay Nina--that would be exciting! And thank you so much for the offer! I'm sure I will be asking for words of wisdom as time goes on. :)

carmillajo

I may give the poll another day or 2 before submitting for gathering times. Right now, it looks like Sunday is getting the most votes.

DareDreemer

Yeah my fingers are crossed I can get the costume made in time. I really would like to give her a whirl...lol And yeah, anything you need, don't hesitate to ask.  :D

carmillajo

So looks like Sunday is a popular day. What time is everyone thinking? I'd like it to be before 4:00, since I'll be entering the Masquerade, which is going to be at 6PM that day.

Tiny Bishie

I'll be going as kimono! Jim Macken/Alois Trancy. If this happens on Sunday then as early or as late as possible would work best with me.

carmillajo

Thanks, Tiny Bishie!

Should we say gather as many responses as possible, and then by the end of the day on Sunday, I'll submit a gathering form to the mods?

DareDreemer

I believe the gathering and tea, which last year there was no official tea, have always been held around 11am to 1pm. Like the gathering went from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and the tea ran the following hour after that or some such. Last year the gathering was 11am to 12:00pm, if I remember correctly. So maybe sometime in that time frame. Like 11am - 1pm. Whatever hour they have free.

Did you have a location in mind? I know it typically has been held at the Fairmont. That seems to be a favourite spot amongst the Kuro fans and is well known.

Tiny Bishie

You're welcome, and that sounds good to me. I'll keep checking here for when we get an official gathering day and time.

Quote from: carmillajo on March 30, 2016, 10:19:00 PM
Thanks, Tiny Bishie!

Should we say gather as many responses as possible, and then by the end of the day on Sunday, I'll submit a gathering form to the mods?

Tiny Bishie

This sounds like a good time for me. That way it leaves me the rest of the afternoon and evening to change into my other cosplay to do the shoot my friend wanted to do with me, but I'll find a way to work things out.

Quote from: DareDreemer on March 31, 2016, 01:29:41 AM
I believe the gathering and tea, which last year there was no official tea, have always been held around 11am to 1pm. Like the gathering went from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and the tea ran the following hour after that or some such. Last year the gathering was 11am to 12:00pm, if I remember correctly. So maybe sometime in that time frame. Like 11am - 1pm. Whatever hour they have free.

Did you have a location in mind? I know it typically has been held at the Fairmont. That seems to be a favourite spot amongst the Kuro fans and is well known.

carmillajo

Quote from: DareDreemer on March 31, 2016, 01:29:41 AM

I don't have a preferred location in mind, but if the Fairmont is a favorite spot among Kuro fans, I will keep that in mind. :)

Tiny Bishie

Looks like we have a tie for Saturday and Sunday.

strawberrypantyz

I'm shooting to go to Fanime on Saturday. So saturday works best for me....I haven't decided who I'll be going as yet, but I have a few ideas.  ;D ;D ;D

DareDreemer

Quote from: strawberrypantyz on April 12, 2016, 10:02:11 AM
I'm shooting to go to Fanime on Saturday. So saturday works best for me....I haven't decided who I'll be going as yet, but I have a few ideas.  ;D ;D ;D

You're coming up to Fanime? YAY!!! Are you coming alone or bringing anyone with you?

Also according to the current official gathering list the Black Butler gathering has been slotted 11-12 on Sunday of the con.

carmillajo

So, it looks like the gathering will be on Sunday, 11-12, at G6 (Tree Area at foot of stairs by "The Slab"). Not sure who submitted the form, but whoever you are, just want to say thank you! I got caught up with some personal life stuff, and also wanted to wait for more responses from people interested in the gathering, but thanks for beating me to getting the gathering officialized. :)

If you can identify yourself, that'd be really appreciated. :D

airanimechiic

BUMP. I just saw the official gatherings listed. Is there one for Kuroshitsuji? I can't seem to find the thread anywhere.
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3

Angelx624

Popping in to say I didn't see a Kuro gathering in the list, either.

Also, I would go as Grell(2nd Kuromyu dress) but it's at the same time as my Ouran gathering. ;_; But hope you all have fun!! <33 And hope to see you guys sometime during the con. xD

Apparently the day/time was for last year's. x_X I'm paying attention now, I swear.......
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

airanimechiic

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 08, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
Popping in to say I didn't see a Kuro gathering in the list, either.

Also, I would go as Grell(2nd Kuromyu dress) but it's at the same time as my Ouran gathering. ;_; But hope you all have fun!! <33 And hope to see you guys sometime during the con. xD

Apparently the day/time was for last year's. x_X I'm paying attention now, I swear.......

Yeah xDDD The info's all from 2016... should there be an unofficial one since I'm pretty sure its way past the deadlines by this point??
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3