How are autographs handled?

Started by fantom, April 05, 2016, 04:39:38 PM

fantom

Hi there, Fanime newbie here. I'm wondering how Fanime handled autograph sessions last year. First come, first served? Random lottery? Or do we need to stand in line for a ticket? I did do a forum search first but all of the posts discussing autographs are really old. Based on what I read, it looks like Fanime has tried all of these strategies at least once, so I'm wondering how things went last year.

Glad to see Fanime has already started announcing guests. Hoping to get Masaya Matsukaze's autograph!

OtakuAngel87

Welcome!! Usually they have a room where people line up prior to the time of the autograph session. Some guests have items for sale to get autographed but there are some who don't. Unfortunately, that info isn't usually given out,  or at least the staff didn't know. I think if you are in line before the session starts you should be able to receive an autograph. I don't think I've seen them close the line until after the session started. However, I'm not staff but I've been attending since 2007 and that's just my personal experience =^. ^=
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

fantom

Thanks for the welcome! ^^ So it sounds like Fanime autographs are first come, first served. Are we allowed to line up as early as we want? I was just at Anime Boston two weeks ago and they didn't let people line up until one hour before the actual autograph signing started. And they limited autographs to the first 100 people in line.

OtakuAngel87

I'm not fully sure about that part, I believe you could attempt to line up as early as you want but keep in mind the actual rooms where they hold the autograph sessions don't usually open until about 1.5 or 2 hrs before. I'd just line up near there. Just keep in mind you might be moved around a bit. It might be a little different depending if it's the 1st session of the day or following another
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon