FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > General Convention Discussion

~IMPORTANT~ A Message to our Members - Convention Safety Initiative

<< < (3/5) > >>

Misamo:
I saw this idea used at SacAnime to get up to the second floor!  I thought it was a pretty nice idea since that meant upstairs did thankfully had a whole lot less people and yes I know it is smaller then Fanime but it was something that I liked and I'm glad the staff is going to try it for Fanime this year!

Just thought about this when I was looking through the forums:  To make things easier I think that 18+ attendees should have a different color wristband or something like that to make it easier for the panels younger ones aren't supposed to get into.  Just a suggestion that may make things a bit easier on everyone!

TC X0 Lt 0X:

--- Quote from: Misamo on April 13, 2016, 09:21:40 PM ---Just thought about this when I was looking through the forums:  To make things easier I think that 18+ attendees should have a different color wristband or something like that to make it easier for the panels younger ones aren't supposed to get into.  Just a suggestion that may make things a bit easier on everyone!

--- End quote ---

This has been suggested earlier this year down in the serious business section. To save my typing, ill just quote myself.

--- Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 20, 2016, 01:22:57 AM ---Im not sure if there is a viable means to verify an age though. If memory serves correctly, in registration you can just put any age effectively, and the age entry is a age range even. I suppose verification can be done at badge pickup, but that might slow it down a bit and cause conflict, especially with group registration where most of the group wont be around to verify their ages. I think most importantly though, if you are going to mark age on badges, there might be an expectation that a badge marked for a certain age can be used in place of showing ID, and with that there could be an issue with people trading their badges to underage congoers. And if thats not allowed, then Im sure a lot of people are going to be wondering why it is being implemented at all.

These aren't all huge issues and can probably be remedied easily enough, but in the long run Im not sure if is all that worth dealing with either. I think it might just be easier to ask how old they are. You can be indirect about it and ask them where they are taking classes, where they work, or if they drink or something as well easy enough. Its all easy to lie about no doubt, but not any less then it is to lie to registration.

--- End quote ---

strike through with the irrelevant bits.

MyAlterEg0:
Misamo wrote "Just thought about this when I was looking through the forums:  To make things easier I think that 18+ attendees should have a different color wristband or something like that to make it easier for the panels younger ones aren't supposed to get into.  Just a suggestion that may make things a bit easier on everyone!"

and
TC_X0_Lt_0X wrote "Im not sure if there is a viable means to verify an age though. If memory serves correctly, in registration you can just put any age effectively, and the age entry is a age range even. I suppose verification can be done at badge pickup, but that might slow it down a bit and cause conflict, especially with group registration where most of the group wont be around to verify their ages. I think most importantly though, if you are going to mark age on badges, there might be an expectation that a badge marked for a certain age can be used in place of showing ID, and with that there could be an issue with people trading their badges to underage congoers. And if thats not allowed, then Im sure a lot of people are going to be wondering why it is being implemented at all."

and I write:

This is ridiculous.  The bottleneck caused in registration would be horrendous!  This would effectively remove any benefit of group pickups.  The wristband or different badge is not effective.  People already share badges and can swap wristbands.  If a minor has an adult badge goes into Hentai, think of the repurcusions.
Criminal charges could be pressed (and someone will go to jail).
The con could be sued.
This jeapordizes not only the attraction, but the event (con) itself.

or

Say somebody decides to hook up with someone that has an adult badge, but is a minor.  The person is then in trouble by making the wrong assumption that they were old enough, and it possibly places the con in a precarious legal position.
The alternative? People wearing their government issued ID <- This is illegal, an invasion of privacy, and goes against the principals of the promoting safety.

TC X0 Lt 0X:
Wait are you disagreeing with me? I dont know but the way your post is structured seems to be indicating that is the case, even though I agree with you and I think my posts agrees with you as well.

Angelx624:
Fanime's never even had wristbands to begin with. You're probably getting it confused with Sac-Anime. :) Just a heads up. ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version