Hotel Payment Questions

Started by kuorra, April 28, 2016, 09:53:20 AM

kuorra

I'll be staying at the Hilton this year, but I have a couple concerns.

If I check in with my debit card, is the amount due taken out instantly? I wanted to pay in cash since my debit card has a spending limit. How would I go about doing this? Do I tell them when I check in that I want to pay with cash?

I'm new to this hotel thing, I usually have others doing this for me :')

EDIT: I just checked my reservation confirmation e-mail and it says they might require a deposit up to $100 per room ??? This is a bit scary, any more info on this? Would I get the money back since its just a deposit?

Olivine

You can pay in cash, just bring it to the hotel. As for the deposit, every hotel for Fanime has one for various amounts. I use a credit card for this, as it does come out immediately, but if you have a debit card that can be used as well but it's not recommended. I do not know if you can use cash for deposit. You will, however, have the deposit returned to you assuming nothing was charged to the room and such.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

kuorra

So when I check in, do I just let them know I'd like to pay on cash right there and then?

Or do I pay in cash when checking out?

jm1991

If you are paying cash and have a debit card, why don't you just deposit the cash in your account and just use it to check in and leave the charges under that? That way the transaction will go through quick and won't have to worry about your money taking weeks to get refunded.

kuorra

kuorra

Quote from: jm1991 on April 28, 2016, 12:02:52 PM
If you are paying cash and have a debit card, why don't you just deposit the cash in your account and just use it to check in and leave the charges under that? That way the transaction will go through quick and won't have to worry about your money taking weeks to get refunded.

My debit card has a spending limit, and the cost of the hotel is over that limit

phr34kish

You can usually just go to whoever issued your card and ask them to raise the cap. If you've had your account open for a while and in good standing there usually aren't any issues. Simply let them know you need it raised and by how much.

If that isn't an option, yes you can pay in cash. You must pay the entire fee up front when you arrive/check-in. They may still ask for a card (credit or debit) for incidentals on the room (fees due to damages, room service, parking if it wasn't taken care of at check-in, internet fees, etc.). These will either ultimately be charged to your card or you'll have to pay cash to resolve your balance at checkout.