McDonald's Now Closed

Started by thepharaohinleather, May 04, 2016, 10:58:31 AM

thepharaohinleather

Just in case anyone didn't know, the McDonald's frequented by congoers in the past only a few blocks from the convention center is now closed. That's one fast food option that isn't available anymore. However still standing are Psycho Donuts (breakfast and donuts obviously), Pizza My Heart, Yogurtland, JAck in the Box, Boba Bar, Iguana's Home of the Burritozilla, and Dosa and Curry in the general area of where McDonald's once was. Food is very important for congoers so if you rely on fast food during the convention, take note of the now lack of McDonald's!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Steve.Young

I can't believe you left out La Vic's.  :D
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Red_Eye

Don't forget Johnny Rockets

Imperial

or safeway, pita pit, quiznos, AFK, Flames, Hoogie House, and more.

fanimefreak

I wouldn't necessarily consider McDonald's food.  Nor would I consider it the best for of sustenance and nutrition for those who are already going to be devoid of most due to lack of sleep, dehydration, and excessive alcohol consumption.  Since the McDonald's is closed it might inadvertently make people have a slightly better diet during the con. Slightly. Maybe. Probably not.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Red_Eye on May 04, 2016, 03:15:28 PM
Don't forget Johnny Rockets

Dont worry I want to forget Johnny Rockets

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

N.E.R.V.agent220

To all new and returning attendees, There is Amici's east coast pizzeria on Santa Clara St. Try it out, represent the con, and tell them I sent ya.

Angelx624

There's Starbucks, too. While they serve coffee and tea, they also, of course, have food. ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

InsaneDavid

Cracks me up that no matter what they do to that Jack In The Box, it remains one of the constantly most ghetto fast food locations that I have ever seen.  Watch yourself if you go there.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: InsaneDavid on May 04, 2016, 06:31:13 PM
Cracks me up that no matter what they do to that Jack In The Box, it remains one of the constantly most ghetto fast food locations that I have ever seen.  Watch yourself if you go there.

All Jack in the Boxes are Ghetto.

I would know, Ive worked nights at a Jack in the Box for almost 4 years. I hear all the crap about local jacks (or at least corporate Jacks, that jack is a franchise).

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Belfry

Always sad to see a con favorite close :(

If you guys aren't sure where to eat now that McDonald's is gone, come to my panel Narutrition:Surviving the Convention Food Scene on Friday at 3pm in Panel Room 3!

_Kai_

I have determined that onigiri are the solution to food at a con.  Bring my rice and rice cooker to the hotel, some furikake or lunchmeat, make a bunch and stuff 'em in a box that goes in whatever bag I'm carrying around and whenever and whereever I am hungry, instant food :D

thepharaohinleather

Ah!!! So sorry I forgot some of the favorites! There's plenty of food to go to, and while mcdonald's might not have been the most nutritional place, it was fast and that's something good to have for cons. Many of the sit down places get very crowded during peak meal times, including jonny rockets, so just keep that in mind! It's easy to get a google map of the area downtown and check out what's there, no matter where you go though make sure you feed yourselves during the con!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on May 05, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Ah!!! So sorry I forgot some of the favorites! There's plenty of food to go to, and while mcdonald's might not have been the most nutritional place, it was fast and that's something good to have for cons. Many of the sit down places get very crowded during peak meal times, including jonny rockets, so just keep that in mind! It's easy to get a google map of the area downtown and check out what's there, no matter where you go though make sure you feed yourselves during the con!

Except the McDouble
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10210327/McDouble-is-cheapest-and-most-nutritious-food-in-human-history.html

Also Johnny Rockets is garbage.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

itselguapo

I try to try something new everytime I got to fanime, but I stick with 3 things Jack in the box, Psycho donuts, and Iguanas or La Victoria. This year I'm gonna try out Ramen Yamadaya, Ike's sandwiches, Pizz'a Chicago, and maybe smokeeaters. If you love burritos go to Iguanas they are always consistant with good food, and Psycho donuts are the best donuts i've had. I would say stay away from Johnny rockets, it's always full of people and a burger costs at average 6 dollars. I would say try something different. I can go to mcdonalds whenever I want. hell I get mcdonalds atleast twice a month. Try something different sometimes... I say after saying I go to jack in the box, psycho donuts, and Iguanas every year. Do some research. Apparently there is a safeway nearby like... 12 minutes away. This is getting off topic but buy some stuff to drink... not from the convention 4 dollars for a monster is insanity.

yeti576

I think also a really good place that no one talks about is The City Fish (this comes from a local who goes to school in the area). It's directly across the street from Ike's Sandwiches and is, in my opinion, really cheap and delicious for how you get.
You get three fish sticks the size of my hand and clam chowder for about 8 dollars, which believe me, is a lot once you get it.

It's a very underrated place that a lot more con goers should go to. :)) it's really cheap for a San Jose place
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-city-fish-san-jose

MaigoLily

It's a little far and pricey, but Whispers is also a great place to eat if you prefer something light. Whenever I go to cons, I avoid eating heavy food because it give me nausea. Usually I just pack snacks, but if I want a little more, I go there.

Sunara Ishi

So long cheapest con meal option~ We will miss you. Especially your dollar menu when our wallets have been decimated.

There is also Peanuts on San Fernando St. but it is a bit of a walk. They serve hamburgers, sandwiches, and other stuffs.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Angelx624

I really like Johnny Rockets. :) It's a con favorite and a wonderful place to eat. ^^

But yes, I do like to find new locations to eat at, as well. Also, Hydration, you are still missed. ;_;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Angelx624 on May 14, 2016, 09:01:52 PM
I really like Johnny Rockets. :) It's a con favorite and a wonderful place to eat. ^^

But yes, I do like to find new locations to eat at, as well. Also, Hydration, you are still missed. ;_;

Those are fighten words mate.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.