Help w/ making a nerf gun consafe?

Started by umbrakinetics, May 09, 2016, 08:46:23 PM

umbrakinetics

I'm going to be bringing a gun prop for the very first time, and I'm not.... fully clear on the rules?? like, do i have to dismantle the gun and remove all the moving parts? where do i get the orange tip? Please advise, I don't want to spend $30 on a prop only to have it not be conworthy
fanime 2016 lineup
Friday: Rose Lalonde, maybe Ciel Phantomhive
Saturday: Punk/Festival/who knows!Rose Lalonde, Punk Rock!Homura Akemi
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Ciel Phantomhive In A Funny T-Shirt after the meetup

thepharaohinleather

Basically for guns/gun-like props, I believe as long as it cannot physically shoot anything (whether an actual bullet, pellet, nerf thing or whatever) and has the orange tip it should be fine. I think some people paint the tip orange so it can be seen from all sides, or some put a plug in. Just as long as rovers can tell you can't hurt anyone with it. I've never brought a gun prop so I'm not sure if they give orange tips at the peace bonding besides a zip tie or not, but they and the rovers give the final say about props. Perhaps seal the mouth of the gun somehow if you don't have the orange tip/can't take it apart? I don't think you'll have much trouble, especially if it's starting as a nerf gun.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Imperial

Cosplay hangout has neon tape for the tip of the gun, also if you don't mind I can hotglue the inside of the barrel and they SHOULD clear it. so long as its not so realistic that it mirrors the real option we can work it for the better.

umbrakinetics

Alright, that makes sense! I could probably plug it up with some tape and hot glue at home if that's the case. Thank you!!
fanime 2016 lineup
Friday: Rose Lalonde, maybe Ciel Phantomhive
Saturday: Punk/Festival/who knows!Rose Lalonde, Punk Rock!Homura Akemi
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Ciel Phantomhive In A Funny T-Shirt after the meetup