Effects of Convention Safety Initiative

Started by thepharaohinleather, May 11, 2016, 11:03:51 AM

thepharaohinleather

With the new rule or regulation rather that people need a badge to get even to the second floor of the con, it raises some questions and concerns for me personally. There are a great deal of ways to get to the second floor, from the escalators and stars near the front entrance to the staircases near the connecting hotels to the connecting bridges to the connecting hotels themselves. Are all these areas going to be monitored/closed off? The two staircases in the front entrance of the convention center are often a gathering place for cosplayers, and because of the way they are situated, would those need to be completely closed off or just the parts where one could get up to the second floor? I just don't want cosplayers getting surprised when they see a common gathering area no longer available to be used, whether for just hanging out or actual photoshoots. Just trying to get an idea of what the new security is going to be like and how it will affect the flow of the convention~ Thank you!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

Imperial

Quote from: thepharaohinleather on May 11, 2016, 11:03:51 AM
The two staircases in the front entrance of the convention center are often a gathering place for cosplayers, and because of the way they are situated, would those need to be completely closed off or just the parts where one could get up to the second floor? I just don't want cosplayers getting surprised when they see a common gathering area no longer available to be used, whether for just hanging out or actual photoshoots.
This one I can Relatively answer, as I have asked about it several times. So I assume you are talking about G2, and G3. so on the wooden stairs/steps/whatever they is a enterence to the full grander staircases, and that will be blocked off with a blocker. otherwise, it may have a bit more traffic in the area but in general it should work out fine, as they can be used.

EWU and/or rovers head can probably confirm or deny my understanding of what you are asking for.

thepharaohinleather

Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

djmonolith

Is there a post about this?  This sounds like a terrible idea to me.  I would be interesting in reading more about how Fanime plans on having access limited to two stairs...  YIKES!
This is my signature.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes