What kinds of costumes are welcome?

Started by aeonwolfe, May 16, 2016, 08:38:27 PM

aeonwolfe

Hi...so I've never been to con before...

I want to wear a costume but I'm not sure if it's appropriate. I have a Xena (from the tv show) costume I cobbled together last fall and its not super fancy or anything...would I be out of place compared to most costumes? I know a bunch of friends are wearing anime costumes or comic book costumes so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!!  :)

InsaneDavid

Anything is fair game, as long as it's within Fanime Code of Conduct:

http://www.fanime.com/code-of-conduct/weapons-policy/

The only place you'll really see "theme" restrictions are at gatherings for specific fandoms.

Have a great time at Fanime!
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

echoshadow

Yep. As long as it's with in the rules it's ok.
As far as what you'll see, you'll see mostly anime related, but you'll see a bit of everything. From video games, Doctor Who, Star Wars/Trek, to random Furries.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Kyra_Maverick

One of the great things about a convention as large as Fanime is the variety you get with it. All kunds of costumes from all sorts of fandoms and in a huge assortment of skill level.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to see Xena, myself included.

Angelx624

Yeah, pretty much anything as long as it's not over-the-top revealing. Oh, and be sure to wear shoes, even if the costume doesn't require them!! (You can always wear slip ons to remove during photos ^^ ) Cause, last time I checked, Fanime requires that you wear shoes. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)