Guests for Fanimecon 2017

Started by andyjay729, May 31, 2016, 06:38:09 PM

andyjay729

Imperial

http://www.fanime.com/news/chris-cason/

well, not really, cause there already is one announced for this year....

Firefury Amahira

"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

InsaneDavid

Shinya Arino
Yu Suzuki
Takenobu Mitsuyoshi - for MusicFest as well.
Tsukasa Hojo
Mamoru Oshii
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Nina Star 9

I don't think it'll ever happen at this con, but I would love to see Kotono Mitsuishi. A fan can dream, right? ;]

andyjay729

The guests I wanted this year couldn't make it, so I'd like to reiterate my previous suggestions for Kato*Fuku (Emiri Kato and Kaori Fukuhara) and the girls of Non Non Biyori (Kana Asumi, Rie Murakawa, Ayame Sakura, and Kotori Koiwai), and also add Michelle Ruff (dubber for Tsukasa in Lucky Star) and Kari Wahlgren (dubber of Kagami)....and Marina Inoue.

Is there someone you have to send a letter to to make your guest request "official"? I was talking with a guy named Milton Le who said he would pass my request to the suggestion team.

eralston

Quote from: andyjay729 on June 01, 2016, 06:48:27 PM
The guests I wanted this year couldn't make it, so I'd like to reiterate my previous suggestions for Kato*Fuku (Emiri Kato and Kaori Fukuhara) and the girls of Non Non Biyori (Kana Asumi, Rie Murakawa, Ayame Sakura, and Kotori Koiwai), and also add Michelle Ruff (dubber for Tsukasa in Lucky Star) and Kari Wahlgren (dubber of Kagami)....and Marina Inoue.

Is there someone you have to send a letter to to make your guest request "official"? I was talking with a guy named Milton Le who said he would pass my request to the suggestion team.

Any request made here is "official". I look at and track every request and do my due diligence to determine the requirements of acquiring such a guest.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Kuudere

Milton's a good guy to talk to. He's part of the communications department. Honestly, the guest relations staff check threads like these every year for suggestions, so you just have to post here to make it "official." The earlier you request, the better chance they have time to entertain that request. Most people wait until a month before the con starts, and by then, it's much much too late.

To summarize, you're in the right place at the right time. If you really want to know the exact people who are in charge of guest relations, that's Jinni for general guests, and Valerie for music fest guests. These people might change to someone else for 2017, however.

fantom

Japanese guests:

Kensho Ono (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actor: Slaine (Aldnoah Zero), Kuroko (Kuroko's Basketball), Mikaela (Seraph of the End), Yuya (Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V)
- Really nice guy. He was at Tsukino-Con in Vancouver earlier this year.

Yuki Ono (Wiki - ANN Profile - Personal Website)
- Actor: Taiga Kagami (Kuroko's Basketball), Shigeshige Tokugawa (Gintama), Isami Aldini (Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma)

Takanori Hoshino (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actor: Katsunori Harasawa (Kuroko's Basketball), Lester MacPhail (The Asterisk War), Jack Atlas (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Toshiki Masuda (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actor: Kurusu (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress), Ryu Zao (Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!), Masayoshi Hazama/Samurai Flamenco (Samurai Flamenco)

Megumi Han (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actress: Gon (Hunter x Hunter 2011), Kirio (Ushio & Tora), Aya Tachibana (Yowamushi Pedal)

Mie Sonozaki (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actress: Gertrud Barkhorn (Strike Witches), Viola (One Piece), Mutsumi Urushibara (Kiznaiver)

Ayumi Kinoshita (Wiki - ANN Profile - Personal Website)
- Actress (live action): Marika Reimon/Yellow Ranger (Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger), Yuko Fukui/Cyan Ranger (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
- Actress (anime): Rei Aoki (Glass Mask), Aki Izayoi (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Shintaro Asanuma (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actor: Hiroto Maehara (Assassination Classroom), Kaito Daimon (Phi Brain), Ran Kazehara (Shonen Hollywood), Takatoshi Tsuda (Seitokai Yakuindomo)

Tetsuya Kakihara (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency)
- Actor: Natsu (Fairy Tail), Jinpachi Todo (Yowamushi Pedal), Simon (Gurren Lagann)

American guests:

Megan Hollingshead (Wiki - ANN Profile - Agency - Personal Website)
- Actress: Caster (Fate Stay/Night: UBW), Villetta (Code Geass), Mai Valentine (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Sam Riegel (Wiki - ANN Profile - Personal Website)
- Actor: Shirou Emiya (Fate Stay/Night), Taniguchi (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Mephisto Pheles (Blue Exorcist)

Emily Bauer (Wiki - ANN Profile - Personal Website)
- Actress: Dawn (Pokemon), Shinobu (Ninja Nonsense), Zuzu (Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V)

Acid_Android

Quote from: eralston on June 01, 2016, 07:47:10 PM

Any request made here is "official". I look at and track every request and do my due diligence to determine the requirements of acquiring such a guest.

To piggy-back on what Evan wrote, I also look at every single request that we receive for MusicFest guests! Even though I may not reply, please rest-assured that we do read all suggestions.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

thepharaohinleather

Shawn Wasabi
Markiplier
Kazuki Takahashi
Dan Green
Shunsuke Kazama
Megumi Han
Mariya Ise
Daisuke Namikawa
Yusuke Amano
Tsubasa Sakaguchi
Seita Inoue
Rebecca Sugar
Aya Uchida
Showtaro Morikubo

I know most of these are a long shot but I'll put it out there!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

andyjay729

One thing to consider with Kato*Fuku; next year will be the 10th anniversary of Lucky Star. (Damn, I feel old now.)

ELDEMONIO

David Vincent! The guy who voices Grimmjow and Senketsu in Kill la kill. He was in Fanime a few years back and on his FB says he's down to come to a convention if we contact the con.

Maybe Max Mittelman who voices Saitama in One Punch would be cool. Or Zack Aguilar who voices Genos.

Mythal

I'd love to have the cast of Critical Role at Fanime!

KyraEnsui

Mashiro Ayano. I would love to see her perform for MusicFest too. She sang the Ending theme songs for Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation, and D.Gray-man Hallow (which that's how I love her).  ;D

thepharaohinleather

Would also love to have Overwatch voice actors like Keith Ferguson, Chris Parson and Fred Tatasciore: Reaper, Junkrat and Soldier 76 respectively.
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

andyjay729

Unfortunately my suggestion, Kato*Fuku, recently announced they'll cease performing as a unit. So I'd like to suggest a Lucky Star 10th anniversary reunion next year at Fanime; Emiri Kato, Kaori Fukuhara, Aya Endo, and (even though she's semi-retired from voice acting, but still, who knows?) Aya Hirano. What do you think?

Stormfalcon

I'd like to suggest Neil Kaplan as a guest.  Voice actor behind Tychus Findlay, Madara Uchiha, and recently Emperor Zarkon in the Netflix version of Voltron.  On top of that, he hails from San Jose (and is a big Giants fan)!
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Taker90

I'd like to suggest

Sean Schemmel most notably for the voice of GOKU!

Susumu Kurobe who was in the original Ultraman

Kohji Moritsugu who was Ultra Seven

Nostalgia Critic A Internet reviewer from Channel Awesome named Doug Walker

Angry Video Game Nerd James Rolfe is known for reviewing video games, board games, and movie reviews.

johnny yong bosch played in Bleach, Yo-kai Watch, Trigun, Power Rangers, ect

Frank Welker This man is a legend!

Angelx624

Would love to see Granrodeo as a MusicFest guest, huehue~ *O*

I'll suggest more later, but just wanted to throw them out there <3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)