Guests for Fanimecon 2017

Started by andyjay729, May 31, 2016, 06:38:09 PM

iAteTheRamen

Here's another vote for MangoSirene!

I'd love to see:
Michaela Laws: voices Ayano Aishi in Yandere Simulator and other various video games, creator of Seduce Me the Otome and other various visual novels
Zach Aguilar: voices Genos in One Punch Man, Arthur Pendragon in Seven Deadly Sins, Talken in SAO 2, and other various anime and video games
Alejandro Saab: voices Yusuke Igarashi in Kiss Him Not Me, Henry Marigold in RWBY, Uno in Nanbaka, Tamotsu Denkigai in Akiba's Trip: The Animation, and other various anime and video games

ghoulpixel

I'd also love to see MangoSirene and dejavudea.

I'd love it if we had:
Bryce Papenbrook
Micah Solusod
Matthew Mercer
kal | they/them | cosplayer ♥ | (´・ω・`)
--
Fanime 2024 Lineup:
Friday - Priestess (IDV)
Saturday - Astarion (BG3)
Sunday - Gravekeeper (IDV) | Astarion (BG3) for B&W Ball
Monday - TBD

Angelx624

I would love to see more Japanese VAs as well!!

Kishou Taniyama(Chuya from Bungou Stray Dogs, Crow from Show By Rock, Gunji from Togainu no Chi....)
Kensho Ono(Hozumi from Prince of Stride, Akutagawa from Bungou Stray Dogs, Phichit from Yuri on Ice...)
Jun Fukuyama(Grell from Black Butler, Ango from Bungou Stray Dogs, Lelouch from Code Geass...)
Arisa Komiya(Dia from Love Live Sunshine, also was Yoko in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) (also consider the rest of the Love Live seiyuus :) )
Toshiki Masuda(Ryuu from Cute High Earth Defense Club Love, Kashuu from Touken Ranbu, Miyamura from Yamada-kun....)

These are just a few suggestions. ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Ace_of_Midnight

I'm seconding the votes for Reika and Jun Fukuyama. Reika has been to the Bay Area before, and her cosplays are even more amazing in person. As for Jun Fukuyama, with the new season of Code Geass being announced I think it'd be cool to have some sort of VA reunion.

If possible, I also agree with the person who said it'd be cool to get a mangaka to come. Personally, I feel it's an area that Fanime doesn't really excel in, and I think it'd bring a lot to the convention to have one. My personal preference would always be to invite Jun Mochizuki (author of Pandora Hearts) because I really respect her work, but I don't know how popular she'd be.
Fanime 2019:
Fri: Akiko Yosano (Bungo Stray Dogs)
Sat: TBD
Sun: Birthstone Nico (Love Live)
Mon: Military!Neko (K Project)
Additional: Winter Uniform Yohane (Love Live)

Moetic Justice

A suggestion somewhat outside of the usual circles: Brennan Williams (WWE, formerly NFL, enormous weeaboo)

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on June 01, 2016, 09:36:16 AM
I don't think it'll ever happen at this con, but I would love to see Kotono Mitsuishi. A fan can dream, right? ;]
You know. This year is the 25th anniversary of the Sailor Moon anime. It would be great to have her seiyuu come on board.

Again, I doubt it'll happen at this con, but I can still dream.

DankLordPopo

Ooooh the third guest to this year's Fanime Con is Nonstalgia Critic Doug Walker. Oh my idk if there will be anymore guests, but if TeamFourStar comes as well, then this will be the best guest setup ever. They might even read 50 shades Of Gray again in different voices ;D
"I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say"

RyuHayabusa

This is who I would like to see for Musicfest or Stage Zero cause we definitely need more music related events. Plus FanimeCon also is a gaming con as well so might as well invite these bands to play Video Game Music for the con:

MusicFest and FanimeCon need music variety since there has not been any good music guests. Hopefully this will fill the void. Trust me, do check these bands out. and as for Mega Ran, HE SHOULD BE A GUEST OF HONOR for Fanime. He's awesome, down to earth, knows his stuff and his raps coverning from mega man to FF7 are hella dope. seriously.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Hikarii

I'd love it if we could get some Mob Psycho 100 people to come as guests and have a panel of some sort. I mean, we've got Chris Cason already, MIGHT AS WELL!! (if we can..)

Casey Mongillo, the voice of Sho Suzuki, Chris Niosi (Reigen Arataka), and Kyle McCarley (Mob) have expressed interest so maybe Fanime staff can work out the deets? Maybe pull some strings and get the other VAs to come for a full blown panel?

(I was also thinking of a One Punch Man panel if we could too.. Both? Both.)

EDIT: On THAT note if we CAN double up, Max Mittleman (Saitama, Ritsu Kageyama) and Erik Khimerer (Speed O' Sound Sonic, Teruki Hanazawa) are a few that have doubled up in this series! Mike McFarland is the scriptwriter for both too...

EDIT EDIT: BASICALLY EVERYONE ON HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rvcKPj2Cfw&t=0s

EDIT EDIT EDIT: PUFFY went to Anime Boston, maybe they can come for Fanime? (= OR MIYAVI?!

linefaced

I just played through FFXV and I'd love to see some of the English cast here! Ray Chase and Robbie Daymond seem like they've been putting in a few appearances at cons lately, and Darin de Paul also seems like a really nice guy. They all have multiple credits outside of FFXV, too, i.e. Darin is Reinhardt from Overwatch, Robbie will be in Persona 5, etc.

Epika

It's the 20th Anniversary for the Pokemon anime this year so I'd love for Rica Matsumoto to be at Fanime. She's an incredible voice actor/singer voicing Satoshi/Ash Ketchum, but also Ryou Bakura in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Jim Hawkings in Outlaw Star, Rumi from the Satoshi Kon movie: Perfect Blue, and Aoi Futaba from You're Under Arrest.

Other options would be: Hoshi Souichirou, Yukari Tamura, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu, Megumi Hayashibara, and Kamiya Hiroshi.
Animation On Display (AOD) - 2009 & 2010
Fanime - 2011 - 2014
Anime Expo - 2015

lovepulse

ProZD (SungWon Cho)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ProZD/videos

People are noticing him a lot more nowadays, so book him before he's hard to reach :D

Galactic.Divinity

If you guys do cosplay groups I would love to see

Vendetta Cosplay (they are in Sweden though....)

!AKIDEAREST! AKI is my life! She got asked if she was going and said she would if Fanime would ask her. SO please please pretty please! SHe is awesome!!

For voice actors maybe

Brina Palencia (Voices in Aquarion and Aquarion EVOL)
Christina Kelly (Voices in Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Heart Throb)
Luci Christian (Voices in Aquarion EVOL)
Laura Bailey (Voices in Soul Eater)
|| Stuck in time without a watch. ||

Fanime 2020 Lineup
Friday: ??
Saturday: ??
Sunday: ??
Monday: ??

DankLordPopo

Will the Nostalgia Critic and Channel Awesome have another celebrity family feud like they did at Kami-con this year?

thecrazycyborggirl

Messaged Nina (mangosirene) to see what hear what she might say after seeing other people request/wish her as a guest at Fanime this year. She told me she'd be totally up for attending Fanime, and especially in a guest capacity to host panels or help out with (maybe judge) the masquerade. Can we make this happen, Staff?
~ Fanime 2022 ~

GokuMew2

Quote from: thecrazycyborggirl on March 09, 2017, 11:18:12 PM
Messaged Nina (mangosirene) to see what hear what she might say after seeing other people request/wish her as a guest at Fanime this year. She told me she'd be totally up for attending Fanime, and especially in a guest capacity to host panels or help out with (maybe judge) the masquerade. Can we make this happen, Staff?

Hi there. We're happy to see that people like you are eager to contribute to FanimeCon, but please kindly do not reach out to potential guests. We understand that you only asked what her reply might be "if" she were invited, but we do not wish to have people get their hopes up only to be let down should they not be extended an invitation to attend as a guest. While we cannot divulge all the details, there are many factors that play a role when considering guests for FanimeCon, not just number of requests. To make sure there are no misunderstandings or disappointments on either side, we kindly ask that attendees please leave the gauging of interest and inviting to Guest Relations staff. Know that we do read all suggestions posted in these threads, and Evan has mentioned before that he keeps a spreadsheet of all the requests. (He really does!)

Should anyone want to come to FanimeCon to host a panel, we offer partial and full badge refunds to panelists who contribute a certain number of hours to con programming. More information can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

DankLordPopo

So does this also mean that I shouldn't have asked TeamFourStar to come to Fanime, since I already have done that :-\

GokuMew2

Quote from: DankLordPopo on March 11, 2017, 02:21:20 PM
So does this also mean that I shouldn't have asked TeamFourStar to come to Fanime, since I already have done that :-\
I assume that TeamFourStar understood that you were not inviting them in an official capacity and were merely stating your desire that they attend. "I hope you can come to FanimeCon" is fine, but it's when people start trying to sound official when contacting potential guests that it could become a problem for us.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

DankLordPopo

Ohhh got it, thanks for the clarification. They did say they may come either by asking or receiving an invitation to the convention

LordDawn

Please invite Rooster Teeth, or rather the animation department, since they run RWBY and have an anime related podcast (Fan Service). They could do their first on location broadcast!
IG kouhai_dawn