Guests I Want For MusicFest 2017!!!

Started by Kuudere, June 06, 2016, 02:02:05 PM

SkyHigh420

I've seen some major hint drops for some composers and I can't wait to hear if it's true

Kuudere

My friends and I are 99% sure now, thanks to the last round of hints. Looks like I was wrong about being wrong...Haha.

Should be a good concert.

citrus

Another boy band group? I better start planning as soon as I know the news...

Angelx624

I'm still stumped at the moment, but I haven't done any more research since the new hints were dropped.

Does the gif hint mean the lyric content is hard to understand?? Or that it doesn't make sense?? XD Or it's about a confused kid???

EDIT: Wait........ I think I just figured it ou--............. UHMMMM

brbimdying
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Mr. Wendell

I still want my cookie for predicting last year's MusicFest guest.

Maybe the one who predicted this year's MusicFest guest will get a cookie.

Regardless, this is exciting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: Angelx624 on February 16, 2017, 11:59:36 PM
Besides hoping for Da-iCE to return someday(srsly they were truly amazing last year, I can't thank Fanime enough <3333 ) I'll list others I'd love to see. xD I know I also mentioned Granrodeo though. :3 But I didn't quite make a full list of suggestions, so here we go. XD

Gackt(long shot but why not :3 )
Granrodeo(as stated before, but I'll keep them here as well ^^ )
OldCodex(they were amazing at AX last year. *-* Would love to see them at Fanime! )
Yuya Matsushita(he was a guest at Fanime 2011 and he basically made my entire con <3 Still waiting for his return! )
SCREEN mode(they sing the OP to the second half of Bungou Stray Dogs! ^^ )
Dean Fujioka(we were born to ship Victuri!! XD I mean he sings History Maker, the OP to Yuri on Ice :3 )
Joe Inoue(cause he is awesome and his songs are great :'D )
Polysics(I've known about them for a while and am finally checking out their music!! They're awesome. XD )

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add more later. XD

Someone owes you a cookie.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Angelx624

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on April 10, 2017, 05:40:10 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on February 16, 2017, 11:59:36 PM
Besides hoping for Da-iCE to return someday(srsly they were truly amazing last year, I can't thank Fanime enough <3333 ) I'll list others I'd love to see. xD I know I also mentioned Granrodeo though. :3 But I didn't quite make a full list of suggestions, so here we go. XD

Gackt(long shot but why not :3 )
Granrodeo(as stated before, but I'll keep them here as well ^^ )
OldCodex(they were amazing at AX last year. *-* Would love to see them at Fanime! )
Yuya Matsushita(he was a guest at Fanime 2011 and he basically made my entire con <3 Still waiting for his return! )
SCREEN mode(they sing the OP to the second half of Bungou Stray Dogs! ^^ )
Dean Fujioka(we were born to ship Victuri!! XD I mean he sings History Maker, the OP to Yuri on Ice :3 )
Joe Inoue(cause he is awesome and his songs are great :'D )
Polysics(I've known about them for a while and am finally checking out their music!! They're awesome. XD )

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add more later. XD

Someone owes you a cookie.  8)
Pfffffff, but I said Yuya, not X4. :P Oh well. XD Though I guess it counts.

(I'm super excited though omg)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Kuudere

Had that second clue not tripped me up, I would have placed X4 as my top guess since the first clue. Tricky, tricky MF staff... ;)

I know it's probably a long shot, but does anyone in guest relations think that maybe they can convince...Teichiku Records? to make the groups' music videos available in the US to watch on Youtube? Doesn't seem to do them any favors when the go-to source for Fanime attendees to find out what X4 is like is blocked. Thankfully, I've found one easy, legal way to support them through Google Music's streaming service, which has a few of their albums on it, but music videos would be even better.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Not my cup of tea but eh what can you do.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

purrin

I want Joe Inoue to come!! if you message him on facebook, he will write you back within a day! Please consider this as one of your options! If this make it any better, he also lives in Los Angeles California. He is such a great person and everybody would love him too! Thank you!!

Angelx624

Quote from: purrin on April 11, 2017, 07:53:43 PM
I want Joe Inoue to come!! if you message him on facebook, he will write you back within a day! Please consider this as one of your options! If this make it any better, he also lives in Los Angeles California. He is such a great person and everybody would love him too! Thank you!!
I've suggested him in the past. I don't know why Fanime won't get him. :( He said to me that he would definitely take up the offer if they offered him. So yeah. He doesn't even need a translator, since he speaks both English and Japanese. ><
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

citrus

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 11, 2017, 08:11:46 PM
I've suggested him in the past. I don't know why Fanime won't get him. :( He said to me that he would definitely take up the offer if they offered him. So yeah. He doesn't even need a translator, since he speaks both English and Japanese. ><

Seen him this year and in 2016 in Kawaii Kon. Very fun and amazing guy.  My advice? if you can save up money, travel to see a guest you are absolutely dying to see.

thecrazycyborggirl

I would love to see Joe Inoue!!

Not sure if you guys saw, but the guest for MusicFest 2017 was just announced today. It's X4 & Yuya Matsushita. Never heard of either, but am sure they'll be great.

http://www.fanime.com/news/x4/
~ Fanime 2022 ~

Kuudere

Quote from: thecrazycyborggirl on April 11, 2017, 10:39:42 PM
It's X4 & Yuya Matsushita. Never heard of either, but am sure they'll be great.

X4 is actually Yuya's group. I don't think he'll be performing his own solo music, but hey, he might. The main reason they mention Yuya specifically is because he was one of our musical guests when FLOW came back for a second time in 2011.

For anyone who isn't sure if they want to go to MusicFest this year:

When I went to the 2011 concert, I was specifically going for FLOW and didn't give Yuya a second glance. My friends and I had written him off as a filler act before FLOW. Boy, were we wrong. By the end of his performance, we were all cheering loudly and were enthralled with his performance. You could tell he gave 110% to his act. That night, I definitely became a fan. I think I still hold 2011 as the best MusicFest I've been to and he is part of the reason. So for those who haven't yet seen him (and his group), give them a chance. You might be very surprised.

Angelx624

Quote from: citrus on April 11, 2017, 10:20:31 PM
Quote from: Angelx624 on April 11, 2017, 08:11:46 PM

Seen him this year and in 2016 in Kawaii Kon. Very fun and amazing guy.  My advice? if you can save up money, travel to see a guest you are absolutely dying to see.
Oh don't worry, Fanime's bringing Yuya back, and I've been dying to see him return. So problem solved. >:3

@kuudere - I was the opposite in 2011! I went JUST to see Yuya and left after he performed. Didn't really care much for Flow back then. ^^;
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Sora

Folder5, Yuzu, Ikimono Gakari, Kimeru, Tohoshinki, and AAA.
"Don't give me any orders."

snowmisao

I second this, Joe Inoue lives in California and he performed "Closer" for Naruto Shippuden. With the voice actor for Itachi coming it would be good hand in hand. I saw on youtube that he performed for Kawaii con in Hawaii recently so maybe he should available for Fanime?
My Fanime Cosplays 2017
-Re:Zero: Felt, Crusch, Ram, Reinhard, Felix
-Gintama: Shinpachi Shimura

Hikarii

I didn't see this thread and it's probably WAYYY too late but here some long shots XD

-T.M.Revolution
-PUFFY Ami Yumi
-Miyavi
-JAM Project
-YanaKiku
-Eir Aoi
-EXILE
-B'z

thecrazycyborggirl

Quote from: Hikarii on April 20, 2017, 01:17:09 PM
I didn't see this thread and it's probably WAYYY too late but here some long shots XD

-T.M.Revolution
-PUFFY Ami Yumi
-Miyavi
-JAM Project
-YanaKiku
-Eir Aoi
-EXILE
-B'z

The guests for MusicFest this year have already been announced
~ Fanime 2022 ~