2017 Registration Opens 11/30 at 12PM/Noon

Started by Nina Star 9, November 29, 2016, 02:03:39 PM

Nina Star 9

QuoteBRACE YOURSELVES! REGISTRATION IS COMING!
We will begin taking registrations for FanimeCon 2017 tomorrow (11/30) at Noon (12pm PST) tomorrow.
Key reminder: Your hotel priority will be determined, like last year, by your registration date.
We want to express our apologies for the last minute nature of this announcement. Gather your things and rally your troops!

QuoteAttendees, the wait is over! FanimeCon will be opening registration for 2017 starting on November 30th, 2016, at 12 PM PST. You can register on the homepage or by clicking this link, which will be updated at noon with the URL.
Please note that if you plan on using FanimeCon's system to reserve a hotel room, your hotel priority will be determined by your registration date. Hotel registration will open up at a later date.
Thank you for your patience, and get ready for FanimeCon 2017!

http://www.fanime.com/news/fanimecon-registration-opens-1130-at-noon/

TC X0 Lt 0X

I see Fanimes is terrible at communicating stuff to the public in a timely manner as usual.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

fanimefreak

Very poor communication by Fanime but, I'll still be getting my badge right at noon!
I can't imagine how crazy hotel booking is going to be this year due to priority registration madness... I am nervous but remain optimistic!  Hopefully I'll be able to get one.

Nina Star 9

Oh, I know. Super last-minute announcement, it's not even showing up on my FB feed because of FB's algorithms, it's right after the biggest shopping weekend of the year so people may not have the cash, announcement on the website hours after FB, no forums announcement, and they /still/ outright refuse to address the problem of artists, industry, and press needing special hotel reg times or at the very least refundable badges so that they can register, nab a hotel, and then get a badge refund if they are rejected. (It also doesn't solve the problem of travelers who want to guarantee a hotel room before buying a badge, bit I have a feeling that this is the best we're gonna get for those people)

I'll try to be optimistic, and hope that I can get an early reg time so I can get an early hotel time, but I predict server crashes and screaming tomorrow, especially with the super last-minute announcement about it whipping everyone into a panic.

Glad my sister texted me about it so I could at least put up an unofficial announcement on the forums (and know about it at all, really).

YaoiCat

Super last minute announcement AND they haven't even given price information have they?  Some people need to plan ahead for this kind of thing :(

Alyxiane

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on November 29, 2016, 04:52:26 PMGlad my sister texted me about it so I could at least put up an unofficial announcement on the forums (and know about it at all, really).

I'm not so much as surprised at the lack of official forum announcement rather than annoyed that it's happening at all. I got lucky and saw the announcement on FB, but that doesn't change the fact that the timing and handling is poor. AX just did a Black Friday deal with their registration as well which further factors into attendees not having enough time and/or money to prepare for another con/hotel registration this close in dates. I'm merely an attendee and usually am not the one to book a room for a group, but my heart especially goes out to the artists/press/industry peeps who have to deal with this madness yet again.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

SquishyK

I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

thepharaohinleather

Current price of single registration is $55 friends! Just so you know!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well at least it was smooth enough.
Got my 2 Badges I need Registered

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kyra_Maverick

I was afraid there might be some traffic issues with so many people trying to reg at once, but maybe the last minute nature of the annoumcement curbed the rush?

I notice reg is back with CMR, I'm looking forward to a smooth badge pickup like 2015.

TC X0 Lt 0X

That and maybe they upgraded to a better server provider this year.
I also imagine Hotel registering requires a lot more crosschecking and processing which will increase load.

Still I got one registration done with in 5 minutes and the 2nd within 10 so if I don't get a hotel room my salt will crystallize over the whole of San Jose.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Nina Star 9

I had some issues with the site crashing or not loading until about 4 after, then managed to get through everything at 12:06, so we'll see. I'm actually still a bit worried because I'm really cynical about this con's organization, but we'll see. 6 after seems like a decent time, but it looks like most people got through before that, so I have no idea.

fanimefreak

I was 1 minute after and still feeling that wasn't enough time.  With Artist Alley, Dealers Hall, Press, and attendees fighting for a piece of the pie I wonder how many people pre registered right at noon

iAteTheRamen

I registered around 1:15. Went smoother than a baby's bum. Then again...

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on November 30, 2016, 12:16:16 PM
I was afraid there might be some traffic issues with so many people trying to reg at once, but maybe the last minute nature of the annoumcement curbed the rush?

I too am crossing my fingers that the announcement threw a number of people off - enough to get a decent slot for hotel reservation, at least.

Red_Eye

Of course I wouldn't end up looking at the site for the past 2 days! 

It's already 10 hours after, and I just now find out and register........I sincerely hope I don't miss out on a choice hotel to stay in, after last year worked out so well.

citrus

Missed me? probably not.

And yes I already know what most of you are gonna say. "Same old citrus here to post the same redundant and unproductive complaints." Once again, after reading all the complaints and last minute social media posts on facebook. It's extremely clear to me Fanime has not changed one bit to me. Fanime was my first anime convention but it's clear to me that it's "glory days" are long gone. I don't like the idea of having to buy a badge early in advance only to "Try" and get a hotel room only to end up being on the waitlist. And you know what's the worse part? With the whole "overbooking" hotel rooms part. I was actually one of the unlucky people to be transferred to a Hotel that is VERY far away from the convention center. But at the same time I was also lucky in a indirect way . I was desperate trying to get the best hotel room rate as best as I can. I wanted a room in the fairmont hotel but do you know what happened? I got an email saying they overbooked and they had to transfer me to the doubletree... but luckily when I used travelocity to try and book the fairmont. I deleted the travelocity reservation but for some odd reason it didn't get deleted and I manage to get my room of choice through travelocity but at a slightly higher rate. I had to go through A LOT in order to get a freaking hotel room and after 2016's guest line up and it's ridiculous and strict Q&A policy.  I just about had it.

I'm going to retire a from the forums. Whoever stills enjoy fanime I hope you have fun.

novaks47

Quote from: Red_Eye on November 30, 2016, 10:41:40 PM
Of course I wouldn't end up looking at the site for the past 2 days! 

It's already 10 hours after, and I just now find out and register........I sincerely hope I don't miss out on a choice hotel to stay in, after last year worked out so well.

Don't feel too bad, I just saw it today, lol! Oh well, last year I didn't even register until the the end of January, and I just managed to get a hotel room booked. So, I think we'll be fine.

Amanojaku

FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Red_Eye

Don't feel too bad, I just saw it today, lol! Oh well, last year I didn't even register until the the end of January, and I just managed to get a hotel room booked. So, I think we'll be fine.
[/quote]

Well that does lift the spirits a bit.  Good to know!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.