Early Registering vs Normal Registering

Started by Weiss Schwarz, December 28, 2016, 06:46:54 PM

Weiss Schwarz

Quick question, I'm looking to attend Fanime 2017 (kind of a last minute decision) and I see this year they're giving people that register early first dibs on hotel rooms. When is/was the window for early registering, have I missed it? Or if I were to register now, would it be early enough to have a shot at getting a room early?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Registration opened up sometime in November. Honestly I doubt you have any chance at a Hotel Room this late in. I imagine a good chunk of people that registered the first day wont even get a room if they didn't get it done in the first few hours. I could be wrong, but seeing how Old Hotel Reservation System worked and the New Reservation System worked last year, I'm pretty confident with my assessment.

Your best bet is to find someone else that is likely going to have a room, or if you are willing to spend the extra cash go reserve a room directly with one of the Hotels in the area. There are a few Hotels within walking distance that don't partner with Fanime, and even Fanime partnered Hotels have a few rooms off the Fanime discounted list. If really desperate you could get a room further out if you have a car or are willing to navigate public transportation.

If you are for sure going regardless of if you can get a room or not (which I imagine will only fly if you are local or get a off-list room), then you might as well save the $10(?) for your badge now. If not, you can play wait and see if you find someone with a room and not risk the waited money.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Weiss Schwarz

That's what I figured. Luckily, I have a friend that preregistered and has worked a deal out with me to try and get a room but was hoping to try and get one myself just in case. Thanks for the help though! Guess we'll find out what happens when hotel reservations open up.

Weiss Schwarz

Good news, everyone! /Prof. Farnsworth voice

Just to be on the safe side, I emailed the Famine peeps and had this conversation: http://i.imgur.com/OsxKoOh.png

So it looks like there may be a small glimmer of hope for anyone that was in the position I was in.