2017 Roommate Thread

Started by iAteTheRamen, January 18, 2017, 09:42:06 PM

jonn tanaka

Looking for two more roommates!

Hello! I am Jonn Tanaka and i am 20 years old and i've been going to fanime for 3 years now. I love games,anime,and magic the gathering

I will be attending for the full 3 days but have not planed the hotel yet but prices will be around 150 or so for hotel and ticket.

Requirements: no drugs unless you smoke outside, be nice (duh), also need a car for
carpool

To contact me you can PM me on the forums or contact me on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.guajardo1?ref=bookmarks

dramaelf

Looking for a room

Hello my friend and I are looking for a room we are both over 21 years old, female and cosplay. We have been attending fanime for many years and life got in the way of getting our own hotel room before they ran out. We plan to be there Friday and want to check out Monday. MY name on tumblr is eviefire and my cosplay page on face book: https://www.facebook.com/gigirosecosplay/?ref=bookmarks

We are good with female only or co-ed and were on the quite side

Best way to contact me is on WeChat as I'm going to be in China till almost May you can find me by looking up gigi_moon_cat on there or messaging me on facebook.

snowmisao

1 Roommate Wanted / Floor Spot @ The Marriot

Introduction: Hello my name is An. I am a cosplayer/crossplayer and have been going to Fanime since 2012. You probably have seen me around the conventions or gatherings in the Bay Area. I really like Re:Zero, Yuri on Ice, Gintama, and Konosuba. I cohosted the Gintama cosplay gathering for Fanime 2016.  Please check out my Instagram below to get an idea of who I am.

Hotel Information: Looking for 1 person for a floor spot. The hotel is at the San Jose Marriot (It is inside the convention center) from May 25th to March 29th (Check in Thursday check out Monday). This room is co/ed and will be sharing with two other girls. They are pretty cool and they are Touken Ranbu and Love Live cosplayers. You will get your own key card.

Costs: $160 for 4 nights and will need payment through Venmo or Paypal.

Requirements: Having mutual friends with me is strongly preferred. If you don't have mutual friends with me you can still contact me to let me know you are interested. Some other requirements are to be respectful to the other roommates, no alcohol smoking or drugs, must be 18+, and if you break something you will be responsible for damages, don't move or touch other peoples thing without permission, and don't bring strangers into the room. We will respect you and your space so I hope you do the same for us too.

Miscellaneous: We can meet in person at the San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival if we haven't met yet. I plan on going on April 8th and April 16th. I will update this post if I have found someone so if it isn't crossed out then that means I am still looking.

EDIT* Interested parties have been found
My Fanime Cosplays 2017
-Re:Zero: Felt, Crusch, Ram, Reinhard, Felix
-Gintama: Shinpachi Shimura

tanpopoyamazaki

One spot left.
Hai we are a group that age range from 12-29. Most of us are family and 1 friend. We all play video games, and read manga. There may be one or 2 people who will be cosplaying. We are looking for 1 more roommate.
Hotel Information:
-Hyatt- Walking Distance
-Check in 25- Check out 29
Costs: $120-$150 depending on how many roommates we will have in the end. That does not include the parking garage at the Hyatt.
Requirements: No drinking or smoking in the room since there will be minors present, you can come and go as you please nobody minds how late you come in or how early you go.
Contact: My name is Rebeca you can reach me on skype at kairi6391

MillaDmac

Roommates found thanks for all the replies

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: hey my name is Jameel and I am looking for roommates for my trip to fanime. I currently have one friend joining me taking up some floor space.
+ Hotel Information: I will be at the Fairfield Inn and suite. It has complimentary breakfast and shuttle to the convention center. And is next to the doubletree. I have the room from the 25th to 30th.
+ Cost: i have a couch bed available for $200 and floor space available for $150(only space available for 2)
+ Requirements: I am a person that likes to believe in the best so i dont really have any rules outside of being respectful, keeping your space clean, and no uninvited guests
+ Contact: the best way to contact me would be either by facebook(find me by email: [email protected]) or by regular email: [email protected]. i will try to check back here every so often as well.

Konekogami

ROOMMATE NEEDED!

+ Introduction: Hello~ My name is Michele ( I also go by Michi or just Mii ) I'm a 33 year old female from Colorado, and I've been flying out to attend Fanime for a few years now ( 4.. 5 years?)  My interests are baking, Lolita fashion, magical girls, horror rpgmaker games, moe animu, being in idol hell (Love Live), JRPGS (Mostly Gust) and the Fate/ franchise.    I'm fairly easy going but I do suffer from anxiety/depression.

I'm looking for 1 more roommate, there will be 5 people in the room including myself.

+ Hotel Information: I have a room with a King Size bed and roll away at the Fairmont Hotel from Friday-Tuesday.  Which means that on Monday, you won't have to worry about packing early and dealing with the checkout lines and elevator rush. 

Since it's a king size bed, we should be able to fit 3 people on there.  For the roll away it would be $15 extra per person, or we can just plan to have two people bring an air matress or sleeping bags

+ Costs:  The cost will be $121 per person.  I will require the money through paypal at LEAST 1 WEEK BEFORE THE CONVENTION.
Please bring a bit extra in the event we decide to get a roll away bed

+ Requirements:
- You must be DFAB (designated female at birth).  FTM trans is fine as in nonbinary. 
- Respect the property of the hotel and the belongings of others in the room.
-No smoking. 
- No drug use or underage drinking
- If you are old enough to drink, please do not come back wasted.
- Keep things reasonably clean.  Like enough that people can find stuff and safely move around the room.
- DO NOT GIVE YOUR KEYCARD TO ANYONE.
- if coming in late (after midnight) please be quiet.  A light will be left on for you.
- Shower! Bathe! Take care of yourself!  Eat a veggie!
- Do not touch the mini fridge!  There are sensors and if anything in it is moved, it will charge for it.

+ Contact: You can contact me through the PM on the forums, or email me at [email protected]
or message me on tumblr. (http://hakohime.tumblr.com/)

+ Other:   I'll be flying in and should arrive at the hotel around 11 AM-Noon.  I will keep in contact with everyone about when I arrive.

- I have a tradition of buying a small cake from the Bijan Bakery for the room on Sunday!  If you have any allergies/restrictions please tell me!

- I'll have a first aid kit that everyone will be welcome to use if needed

Filled as of now

Seressita

AmaiAngel

Hi there,

I found a room on this forum last year so I'm trying again this year ;D

I am looking for a king or queen double (non-smoking) at the Westin, Fairmont, or Hyatt. Hope to stay Thursday/Friday through Monday. Not looking to room with someone; just looking for someone who no longer wants/needs their room. I will take over the whole booking.

Last year this wasn't an issue. The original booker called the hotel to add me to the room reservation, then I paid at the end of my stay.

I hope to hear from someone soon! Facebook IM=Amai Angel

~AA

solodavid99

Hello guys,
I am planning to go to this year fanime 2017 and I dont have a room. I need to know first before I make my badge purchase. No point buying the badge if I dont even have a room to stay, right lol.  So basically I need a room that I could share with.
I am a guy and I'm very clean person.
you can contact me through skype, trollizer1, which i am mostly online.
my name is wei cheung.

I probably stay from friday to monday but mostly like i would be going home on sunday or so. so probably 3-4 days.

Hachimitsu

Roommates Wanted: Closed (maybe)
Hyatt Place (across the Street)
$145/per person
Thursday  -  M o n d a y
people confirmed to go (i can only hold 5 MAYBE 6 people)
Note: Blue = Male   /  Pink = Female
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hachimitsu-ink  = In charge of the hotels!  (Claiming the Hall Floor Space.. maybe)

Couch sofa thingie??:::
Kecreed             = My sister            (paid in advance)

BED 1::
Misachan           = Very Best friend  (Claims the bed)

BED 2::
Alexa                = My sisters Death metal Friend  (paid in advance)
Eric the Red?    = My sisters Death metal Friend's boyfriend

..::Awaiting from people::..
solodavid99      = Gaming enthusiast

..:Waitlist::..

• Introduction:
Hello my name is Hachimitsu (Male - Age 34) and I would like to let you know I book a hotel and I have a few friends wanting to stay over.

As of now, I am slowly steadily preparing myself for Fanimecon (along with several other conventions).
I really do love to play video games, Cosplay and love to draw. There are times where I had some great success's with artist alley and miserable moments like ....artist alley.
Apparently, Swap meet always cheered me up but whenever I got the chance to be the seller, I usually ask the people from my roommates to "HELP ME".

Last year was a blast, but the same time it also created some mixed Feelings on "enjoyment".
I really hope next year will be a better improvement than 2014, but all in all, it wasn't a complete disaster.

My huge interests are:
Kingdom hearts, Legend of Zelda, Sailor Moon, Pokemon and anything nintendo/sega related. Magi: Labyrinth / Kingdom of magic (because I love genies)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Amenities :
• Your Own Key
• Coffee Machine (hotel already has this built in)
• Refrigerator
• Wi-Fi Internet access
• Parking access? (this needs to be researched though but i heard its $60 for the entire week but this was last years response)
- Microwave (i'm going to try and ask for one, since I hear this was more of a request service)
- Art / Crafting Supplies
- MORE PLUG OUTLETS!!!(seriously I noticed last year i have no power space T_T)
- Water bottles (Seriously you are going to need one O_O)
* Food/snacks (it's still undecided but I need to get something for you guys to have and eat!

I know this is expensive to you but to me, your helping paying the hotel, followed by having your very own key as well.
however, Do not pay me yet (right now I am working and trying to calculate some things here and there)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
• Requirements:
- For once i really like to have a conversation of how your doing, if your okay ya know, but try not to joke when i am in trouble
- I am very stressful and late, so please don't be mad at me, I have a very good reason!..mostly artist alley and gallery
- If I am a messy person, I will clean my mess up as neat as possible, also try to be neat and nice as well O_O!..
- DO NOT BRING COLORED SODAS! they will charge ALOT of money, I learned my lesson after strawberry soda, so just bring clear soda or just water!
- if I feel depress, please cheer me up!. it helps a lot!
* All beds/sofas cannot be ASKED, they are only givin by generosity on my behalf (or paid in advance) *
*If you plan on inviting your guests and friends, i highly recomend you ask your fellow roomates in advance, I had an issue before from the past involving with courtesy onto others*
PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THE AIR CONDITIONING, I weight much less than you and can catch a flu very easily.
PLEASE RESPECT other peoples belongs with care, There will be a moment where I will move your stuff along, just to make the bed clean and organised so you can sleep healthy and easy. I respect your stuff and I don't want to damage them.

~you can private message me
~http://hachimitsu-ink.deviantart.com
( I do have the right to decline offers, please be aware of this )

+ Miscellaneous:
I am Attending Artist alley
Hoping to register for Swap meet soon!!!!
I do get stressed out a lot.
I will also bring some Cosplay materials incase if anything is needed on mending

UPDATE
as of now I can only fit One more GUESTS but again, I cannot confirm who is going and who is not, so far I am still trying to apply for floor plans here and there.. and so far I think I a running out of space!... The hall space i know is one area I want to claim, because the bed was design for those who have problems sleeping or partially disability.
I am still awaiting confirmation from misachan, phemento and solodavid99.

Last minute changes???
Don't feel bad if you find a better deal than mines, your welcome to note me and say you found someone else. I just want to help out.. that is all! Even if it's on the day of the convention... (but if you paid me already, your only getting 2/3'rds of your refund back.)

onnabugeisha

Need a room

Hi! I'm Adrianma, 24, and this year will be my 5th year at Fanime! :D
I would describe myself as a caring, yet outgoing person. Anime has been a big part of my life so, meeting new people and sharing the experienes with others makes me even more enthusiastic!
I only have Instagram right now, feel free to lurk  8) : https://www.instagram.com/ilyadrii/

I'd perfer to stay in a connected hotel to the convention center. But all is welcome! I will be staying Friday-Monday

I'd just like to request if anyone is okay drinking and a partner stopping by (It would be his first con ever).

You can contact me by my email: [email protected]

See you soon!
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
Ling Xiaoyu  - Tekken
Reika  - Gantz
Sailor Mars Eternal - Sailor Moon
Gatherings:
Soi Fon- Bleach Gathering
Fem! Obi wan - Star Wars Gathering
Lady Sif - DC/Marvel Gathering
Sentai Magiranger; MagiPink -Kamen Rider/Super Sen

tea kat

+ Hi! my name is Kat and I am 21 years old and I am looking for a room with me and my boyfriend. We are both quiet and chill and mind our own business~ 
+ Hotel Information: looking for a room for saturday-monday, and hopefully somewhere walking distance or within 3-4 miles is okay too.
We are both pretty small/skinny so we won't take up a lot of space :)

+ Contact: you can send a text 4088297176~ 

HeroicPrinny

*~ Need a Room ~*

Hello!

My name is Hans, I'm 30 and a fairly responsible, social, and friendly guy!

A bit more about me - I'm new to the west coast, from the midwest, where I normally host several of my own rooms at cons throughout the year (doing Acen next month!), so I know what it's like to have total strangers staying in my hotel room! 

I'm actually in Seattle, so I don't know anyone in California, thus I'm looking to go on a bit of an adventure and check out this convention and meet some new people.  Ideally, I'd like to stay with you if you are friendly, and are at a happy midpoint on a scale of:
really boring <- *you* -> overly wild :) 

I'd prefer to stay as close to the convention as possible (but don't we all?)
Cost of the room and paying you will be no issue.

Feel free to message me!  Email might be best: [email protected]
We can take it from there and have further discussion or even do a video chat if needed.

Thanks!
Hans

solodavid99

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Hi guys my name is Wei and im 28 and I am looking for a room to stay for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday. I have no requirement as what I like and dont like as long as everyone is respected and treated nicely and cleanly.
Contact me through skype, trollizer1, or whatever
Just really need a room asap
also, if possible somewhere close to the convention so that I do not need to drive much ty

Dee Cee

Need a room!

+ Introduction: Hello!  My original rooming plans fell through, so now I submit myself to the mercy of those who may browse the Fanime forums in search of roommates.  My name is Grant K., or Dee Cee if you'd prefer to go with usernames.  I've been attending Fanime for five years now, I'm quite amicable, and I'll be 29 when this particular con begins.  I have a good number of cosplay outfits, but they're all quite simple. (No elaborate costumes or anything that'll take up a huge amount of space.)

+ Hotel Information: I'm looking for space in any hotel within walking distance of the con, from Thursday to Monday.

+ Requirements: Just floor space for an air mattress (twin-size) and a sort-of-but-not-especially-large duffel bag.

+ Contact: I can best be contacted by e-mail, or for the quickest response, my Twitter will do just as well: https://twitter.com/itsthedc  If you'd like, you could also look me up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grantk21

+ Miscellaneous: I don't smoke, keep rather quiet, and I use ear plugs + face mask when I sleep, meaning you won't have to worry about waking me up if you come back to the room late/wake up early.

Found one, thank you!

AmourRouge

Need a room!

+ Introduction: Hi, I'm Jennifer (or Amour)! I've been attending Fanime since 2010. I'm a 26 year old female who participates in artist alley, as well as cosplay. I obtained my Fanime artist alley table a bit later than usual, so I couldn't look for a hotel room until now :c

+ Hotel Information: Any hotel that's within walking distance. Thursday, May 25 to Monday, May 29 (4 nights).

+ Requirements: I prefer sleeping on a bed (definitely willing to share). Non-smoking.

+ Contact: Twitter DM is the best way to contact me https://twitter.com/cielle_amour
If you don't have a Twitter, you can DM me here through the forums (but Twitter will get an almost immediate response).

+ Miscellaneous: I'll be in artist alley tabling for the whole weekend, other than at night when I'll come back to rest. I wake up extremely early (around 6am), so if my alarm wakes you up, then I'm sorry ;w; I will bring light cosplay (no props), so you won't have to worry about me taking up too much space. My artist alley merch will be in the artist alley room, so that won't take up any space, either.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Found a room!

Akumashi

**Roommate found, thank you! ; ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Hello, Fanime goers. I am currently on the lookout for one (possibly two) people who are needing a room.
I'll keep this short & sweet (or try to...) because we only got about a month left & I think we can all agree- last minute stuff makes us all crazy.

So hotel details!

Hotel - San Jose Marriott, Non-smoking Single King.
You would be granted floor space & closet space, should you have cosplay items.
You are welcome to bring an air mattress, sleeping bag, etc.

Check in date - 5/26/17 (Friday)
Check out date - 5/29/17 (Monday)

**There are only two individuals staying in this said room, my brother & a good friend.
Both whom of which are respectful, good-natured & friendly. // Bonus points to you if you're a gamer!
They are both in their mid-twenties, & have been attending Fanime for years.
So meeting new people is nothing out of the ordinary. c: Don't be shy.

My brother will be cosplaying Negan from the Walking Dead; as for my friend... I don't know if he's cosplaying, yet.
But cosplays are 100% welcome in the room!**

Requirements ;

* 21 & over is preferred, seeing as alcohol is likely to happen. Nothing sloppy or belligerent, though!
More so social, & chill drinking.
--------
* If one roommate is welcomed in, the price for stay is $100.00
Should two roommates be welcomed, only $80.00 - but we can iron out payment details a little later.
--------
* No smoking in the room, please... No judgement of any kind, just do so outside. pl0x.
--------
* Curfews or whatever aren't really t h a t big of a deal. For example, if you like going to the raves, or staying out late, go for it.
Simply know my brother likes sleep, so being considerate to that is all I would emphasize on if you plan on coming back into the room at like 3am.
-------
* We will provide water, & snacks so you may certainly help yourself to whatever will be there in the room. (Jerky, chips, granola bars, gatorade, etc) & should we go out to eat, you are more than welcome to join. c:
-------
* If you're an Artist Alley / Dealer's Room seller, you are welcome to the closet space, if need be.
-------
* No crowds of people or groups of friends in the room in respect to other people's belongings.
-------
* Muuusstttt be tidy. Less mess, less stress.
-------
* Each person will also have their own room key!

Hopefully we can all be adults here, & just have a good time! Myself, & my group are super chill, all around gracious people. So if I aroused anyone's interest, feel free to contact me; most call me Caroo. -u-

email - [email protected]

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CarolannDevoursSouls

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/drearymidnight/

or even message me here, if you want. c:

So yeah, take care & hopefully I'll get some feedback.
- Caroo

2 LOOKING FOR ROOM

My girlfriend and I are looking for bed space for the whole weekend, we are very respectable adults and have no problem abiding to rules and regulations as well as payment for the room.

Please contact me at [email protected]
or https://www.facebook.com/BigHen
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat
FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE SEXY COMMANDO!!!

Anna_Cherry

Roommate Wanted

FLOOR ROOM ONLY

+ About us: Outgoing introvert couple, of ten years. We usually like to play videogames, watch anime, and huddle away in our studio (we work from home as entertainers) but at conventions such as this where we can meet lots of "our people", we try to be as involved as possible. This year, She is doing daily cosplay at Fanime and He is hosting Clockwork Alchemy panels so we will likely be dividing our convention time between the two.

+ Hotel Information: Vegabond Inn Sunnyvale, 4 - 8 minutes drive from ClockWork Alchemy DoubleTree Hotel (free shuttles take you to Fanime from there!)
Google Maps estimates 9 - 13 minutes drive to San Jose Convention Center

+ Costs: FLOOR ROOM ONLY. Must bring your own folding bed or mattress. $50/night (or $75/night if you're a couple!)

+ Requirements: Easy-going, non-judgmental, relaxed roommates. Party people or mangaworms welcome alike. We play a lot of our activities by ear and allow others the same freedom, which means flexibility is both a benefit and a requirement.

+ Contact: Google Hangouts for instant (more or less) contact, or email to [email protected]

Patrick_Kuchiki

Looking For A Room

Hello everyone,

Intro: My name is Patrick and this would be my first time going to Fanime or a convention for that matter. Me (19) and my good friend (18) are looking for a room. My friend has been to Fanime countless times and he's also a photographer as well. I might be getting a DSLR, so you'll have two photographers, if you need any pictures at all. We both are polite, outgoing and respectful to all. We're both from San Jose, CA. We both enjoy anime and both are gamers. We both also can be very quiet and make sure that you can sleep and we expect the same. We both do plan on cosplaying (my friend would be Super Sonico & I would be either Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! Or Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach)

Hotel info: We have no preference to what hotel or where the hotel is. Everyone wants walking distance lol.

Requirements: Just as long as we both get a key and our personal belongings are respected of. We prefer mature people within our age, that's clean, along with a clean and quiet room. No drinking or smoking. No too crazy party people please. I'm willing to negotiate price.

Contact: Please contact me here or via email - [email protected] or my social media's

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.esquivel

Instagram: Sakipatrick

My friends Instagram, if you wanted to see some of his pictures he took from Fanime 2016

http://www.imgrum.org/user/ricocotech/1762000870

Thank you.