FanimeCon: Participate, Join, Create > Ideas and Suggestions

Age Restricted Activities

(1/4) > >>

LordDawn:
I know Fanime has a current (and in my opinion inefficient) method of enforcing 18+ events, but having seen how other events handle their enforcement, I think Fanime should adopt the Anime Expo model.

At anime expo people who want to attend 18+ (and for their event they also offer 21+ events) attendees line up at a particular booth with identification, and are given one of those concert wristbands, the different color denoting 18+ or 21+

To make this even more efficient, Fanime could offer the wristbands at Pre-registration/registration upon badge pickup, this way the only thing attendees need to show when entering an 18+/21+ event is to make sure their wristband is visible and untampered with.

I think this would work better than the previous method requiring to check badge and ID at EVERY age restricted event.

I also think its a nice identifier for people wishing to meet others of an at least similar age.

LordDawn:
I also forgot to mention that I think it would be a good idea in regards to the dance that their be an all ages portion prior to the 18+/21+ dance. Again similar to how AX did it, with the wristbands in mind, they had an all ages portion, then by a certain time they asked all attendees to leave momentarily (at this point they switched out DJ's, adjusted the lighting, and made other preparations. They then asked everyone wishing to (re)enter to have their badges and identifying wristbands to have them visible.

If I remember correctly it was something like 6pm-10pm was all ages, then from then until closing it was 18+ (obviously these times would be adjusted to the Fanime schedule, but this is just to give you a general idea)

Barnes:
Somebody once suggested 18+ badges, but a staffer said "attendees could simply swap badges."

Therefore, I don't think the wristband idea will work. Or am I missing something?

iAteTheRamen:

--- Quote from: Barnes on January 26, 2017, 09:41:02 PM ---Therefore, I don't think the wristband idea will work. Or am I missing something?

--- End quote ---

I think what LordDawn is talking about are those wristbands with the white sticker/adhesive parts that are hard to remove, like the ones at concerts and stuff.

LordDawn:

--- Quote from: iAteTheRamen on January 26, 2017, 11:03:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Barnes on January 26, 2017, 09:41:02 PM ---Therefore, I don't think the wristband idea will work. Or am I missing something?

--- End quote ---

I think what LordDawn is talking about are those wristbands with the white sticker/adhesive parts that are hard to remove, like the ones at concerts and stuff.

--- End quote ---

Those would be the ones, its pretty easy to tell if those have been removed, and the staff could potentially put them on tight enough for someone to not just slip it off and give it to someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version