OFFICIAL Haikyuu!! Gathering 2017 [CONFIRMED]

Started by Tenya, February 08, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

Tenya

UPDATE! We are confirmed for Sunday at 11 AM! I know I haven't updated the character tallies in a while, but I'll try to clean that up in the next few days. If you're planning on showing up, feel free to let us know here, or on the Facebook event page listed at the bottom of this post.

Ok, let's make this official! I'm co-running this with Shirin (ButterflyXing) and Co, but I'll manage the post because I made it to begin with.

HAIKYUU!! GATHERING 2017
This Gathering Includes
: Any and all things Haikyuu!! Any characters from both the anime and the manga are welcome.

Day: Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!
Time: 11 AM
Meeting Place (MP): We'll be in the park, like last year.
Location (L): I guess that's officially space G10.

Cosplayers: Since this will likely be a very large gathering, we will group cosplayers by team and keep the number of cosplayers in each team updated.
Karasuno- 1
Datekou- #
Seijoh- 9
Nekoma- 2
Fukurodani- 1
Shiratorizawa- 1
Other Teams- #
Other Characters- #

Legal Statement - Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order:
Groups:
Group Shot Of Everyone

Karasuno
Aoba Jousai
Nekoma
Fukurodani
Datekou
Shiratorizawa
Other Teams
Genderbent
Females of HQ
Captains
Setters
Aces
Wing Spikers
Middle Blockers
Liberos
First Years
Second Years
Third Years

Requests for groups

Pairings:
Hinata/Kageyama
Suga/Daichi
Tsuki/Yama
Asahi/Noya
Tanaka/Ennoshita
Kuroo/Kenma
Oikawa/Iwaizumi
Bokuto/Akaashi
Kiyoko/Yachi
Kuroo/Tsuki
Mattsun/Makki
Kageyama/Oikawa
Hinata/Tsuki
Kageyama/Yamaguchi
Kiyoko/Tanaka
Bokuto/Kuroo
Kuroo/Oikawa
Tanaka/Noya
Kuroo/Daichi
Bokuto/Hinata
Suga/Oikawa
Noya/Hinata
Iwaizumi/Suga
Oikawa/Yama
Kuroo/Akaashi
Yamaguchi/Yachi

Requests for pairings

Group Shot At End!

Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1884329291852663/

kit rose

There are a lot of larger gatherings aiming for Saturday as well, so I don't think considering Friday or Sunday is a bad idea, to make sure this one won't conflict with other peoples' cosplans. I know of two other gatherings I plan to attend that are also applying for Saturday. It was on Friday last year, right?
@sugarespecter

Fanime 2019: TBD

Tenya

It was Friday last year, and was definitely pretty big! But I also recall seeing some people be really disappointed about Friday on the forum because they still had school. So I'd consider Sunday over Friday for those reasons, if that makes sense to everyone else?
(And again, assuming someone else hasn't stepped up elsewhere to do the thing.)

Tenya

Bump! Am I still the only one who has stepped forward to organize on this?

Tenya

Ok, we're making this thing official!

ButterflyXing

Hey guys! I'm one of the other organizers here to bump the thread and say hi!
I'm coming as Makki

.3mm

Just wanted to let you know that my friend and I are coming as Kenma and Kageyama. Also, my other friend would like to know if it is acceptable to come to the gathering as a non-Haikyuu character (?)  :)

ButterflyXing

Quote from: .3mm on March 20, 2017, 04:30:16 PM
Just wanted to let you know that my friend and I are coming as Kenma and Kageyama. Also, my other friend would like to know if it is acceptable to come to the gathering as a non-Haikyuu character (?)  :)
Hello! Thanks for the update, and it would be totally fine for your friend to come in non-Haikyuu to hang out, take photos, chat, or whatever!

.3mm

Quote from: ButterflyXing on March 21, 2017, 11:33:35 PM
Quote from: .3mm on March 20, 2017, 04:30:16 PM
Hello! Thanks for the update, and it would be totally fine for your friend to come in non-Haikyuu to hang out, take photos, chat, or whatever!
Okay, thanks for letting me know :D

ButterflyXing

In case anyone was wondering, I know that we left it blank, but as far as location goes we were hoping to host it in the same place as last year, Cesar Chavez Park, which is across the street from the convention center. Its technically offsite from the gahterings places, but pretty easy to find.

ButterflyXing

Whoops it's been more than two weeks here's a meme

Tenya

Bump! We're confirmed for SUNDAY at 11 AM!

VakarianAlphaPunk

2018 LineUp:
Tanaka Ryuunosuke (Haikyuu)
Sakamichi Onoda (Yowamushi Pedal)
Sero Hanta (BNHA)
Fantasy!Sero (BNHA)
Souda Kazuichi (?)
Ryohei Sasugawa (KHR)

SilverArrow

Heyo. I'll be there as Suga. ^_^ Also, I'll be bringing some buttons to give out, if that's okay. I'll definitely have Hinata, Kageyama, and Oikawa. And I'm going to try and do Bokuto and Kuroo (and maybe Kenma and Akaashi, we'll see how much time I have) as well.
Tentative 2017 Lineup:
Thursday: No cosplay, but will be picking up badges
Friday: Rin Matsuoka - Free!
Saturday: Not Attending
Sunday AM: Sugawara Koushi - Haikyuu!!
Sunday PM: Formal Levi - Attack on Titan
Monday: Bill Cipher - Gravity Falls

Tenya

I don't suppose any of you have a portable net, like last year's gathering leader had?
If you have one and bring it, you'll definitely be a beloved gathering MVP...

See you all on Sunday!

Magicbunnie

Hello! I posted this to the facebook event, but here are the photos I took from this gathering:
https://goo.gl/photos/SQDFC6x7msAEXMgh6 You all look great!

Tenya

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing these here!

EDIT: I LOVE these! They're so good! Do you mind if I share some of them on my Twitter and Instagram? How do I credit you?

Magicbunnie

Quote from: Seismogenic on June 02, 2017, 07:46:48 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing these here!

EDIT: I LOVE these! They're so good! Do you mind if I share some of them on my Twitter and Instagram? How do I credit you?

Aww thanks! ;D I really enjoyed taking the photos. Yes, feel free to post anywhere. There's no need to credit, although I might start following you on twitter. I'm @bunnyqtea on twitter. I love your Ushijima costume!