Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering 2017?

Started by thepharaohinleather, March 21, 2017, 02:21:45 PM

thepharaohinleather

Hi all! Since we've had a gathering the past few years, I'm hoping there to be one this year as well. I understand the organizer who has been running it has since retired, and I myself am not planning to run the gathering. But I know there are people interested! If someone would be interested in running the gathering and getting it up on the schedule and official, that would be wonderful. My friend and I are going to be Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura and we'd love to hang out with other yugiohs~ (My old wig is little more than a tumbleweed at this point, here comes a new wig!!!)
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

powerofunity

Glad to see there's interest in this! I ran the gathering last year but wasn't planning on doing it this year because I have non-YGO cosplays planned for Saturday and Sunday, which are probably one of the two days the gathering would be. I love seeing YGO cosplays, though, so I hope this ends up happening.

thepharaohinleather

Thank you for organizing the gathering last year! Yeah I would definitely like to see a gathering, though perhaps if no one heads this, the original DM characters could go to the old school gathering? I know there are a few 5ds, zexal and arc-v cosplayers but if no official yugioh gathering gets scheduled, my friend and I might show up to the old school gathering in our cosplays~ we'd love to see you either way!
Attendee since 2009

Shinigami_Lover

I am bring Duke Devlin along so if we do end up with a gathering ... I will try to make it
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

powerofunity

Ah, it would be great to see everybody in one place! Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on perhaps having the gathering on Friday or Monday?

I see the Old School gathering is on Friday at 6pm. Unfortunately, I don't get off work until 6, so I probably wouldn't be able to make it to Fanime in cosplay until 7:30 or so. :/ So we could aim for a late meet-up on Friday (we probably have to ask Imperial if he's ok with a later time slot, since I think 6pm is the latest time slot) or something on Monday.

thepharaohinleather

Later on Friday might work better for me personally than Monday, though I don't currently see any slots taken for Monday? Whichever it ends up being, I'm sure I can squeeze it in~
Attendee since 2009

powerofunity

Yeah, I was leaning toward Monday since it's totally blank on the gatherings list. But from what I understand, Monday is more of a dead day, since it's the last day of the con.

Let's see if we get any more replies about which day people prefer, and then go from there. I'm going to have to update my YGO sign to include VRAINS lol.

powerofunity

All right, quick update on where the YGO gathering stands.

1) Most likely, the gathering will be on Monday. I just learned I have to pick up somebody at the airport after work on Friday, so I don't want to press my luck by scheduling a 7:00 or 7:30 gathering and then miss it because of airline issues. However, this is not set in stone, since both Friday and Monday have their pros and cons.

2) Funnily enough, Monday is not an option on the gathering submission form, so I PM'd and emailed Imperial to see if gatherings could take place on Monday or late Friday, but I have yet to receive a response. Could be he's super busy, so I'm going to give him a little more time.

3) I am willing to host this again but will likely request an indoor location so I don't have to scream haha. If anyone has venue preferences, do let me know!

powerofunity

Sorry to double post, but just heard back from Imperial, and we will likely be able to do a late Friday gathering. I'll make a new thread for the gathering since we're now official! :)