Why no Anime Clubs in Northern California?

Started by Within Illusion, June 11, 2004, 08:23:48 PM

Within Illusion

Maybe I am just not looking hard enough but there are no clubs in Northern California. I don't mean the bay area. I am talking about like Redding, Red Bluff and so on. I mean I think that there might be one in Chico, but there is really nothing up here. I could just not be looking hard enough. If anyone knows anything let me know.

Illusion
Can't go wrong with Anime and cute Bunnies ^^

Within Illusion

Well, not sure if this matters to anyone but there is kinda like an anime Club that I sorta found but it seems weird.

http://www.freewebs.com/reddinganime/Defelt.html
Can't go wrong with Anime and cute Bunnies ^^

Mach5Motorsport

You mean to say the Davis Anime Club at UC Davis isn't active any more??????

Then you should get in touch with Laurine White, head of the Sacramento Anime Club (very old school)

I do know that there is supposed to be an anime con set for Sept 2005 at Sierra College in Rocklin, CA, so there has to be a group in the Roseville/Rocklin area.
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

ip136

I would love to know where the Rocklin/Roseville one is.. because that's like.. where I f'in live. -.-; I want an anime club! *cries*
Clicky my Art Pwease?

SadisticSolace

See, your all so close to stuff. For the way up high Norther California, we have nothing. I live in Redding, and from Redbluff up to the Oregon border, there is really nothing for us. I mean I travel four or more hours down there, to go to the Con's which I enjoy the drive sometimes. But for a Club in the area more up here would be a bit nicer. lol
Bunnies and Anime. Yummy ^.^

ayaminamino

Quote from: "SadisticSolace"See, your all so close to stuff. For the way up high Norther California, we have nothing. I live in Redding, and from Redbluff up to the Oregon border, there is really nothing for us. I mean I travel four or more hours down there, to go to the Con's which I enjoy the drive sometimes. But for a Club in the area more up here would be a bit nicer. lol

That's bad, I'm glad I live in San Francisco now.......... :cry:
~Aya~>.<!!!

SadisticSolace

Be lucky that you live in San Francisco where a lot of stuff is going on. Because here... nothing... *shakes head*

Solace

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "ip136"I would love to know where the Rocklin/Roseville one is.. because that's like.. where I f'in live. -.-; I want an anime club! *cries*

There is two anime clubs in sacramento (one more with davis anime club)..
check out sacramentoanime.com for more info, the other one is semi-private but her information is also on that website (Anime Sacramento).

Playgirl

Well, during the school year, there are 2 anime clubs active: one in Stockton at UOP and the other one is in Turlock. It's at the university there, but I can't remember the name. They're kinda of same clubs, cause they were started by students there, but still fun nonetheless.
Nyo Nyo~ Kittie fun is the best! (=^.^=)

Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis: "You do not know the power of the Dark Side"

SadisticSolace

I just keep waiting my one more year for that I cna move out of this place. *sighs* Need to go where there are more people.

Solace

MissMadeline

I would like to know if they're are any anime clubs or whatever closer to where I live too. I live in Grass Valley, which is an hour from Roseville or Sac, up here not too many people seem interested in anime, which is odd considering there insn't anything else to do up here. I can't wait for Fanime Con..Hopefully I can find some recrutes to go with me down there. ^.^

~Miss Madeline~

hellangel

I go to Los Altos High and we have an Anime Club and a Cosplay Committee. ^___^
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

alostblackcat

you are so lucky

our high school has an anime club

but you mention the word cosplay and half the club is staring at you like you're more insane than you already are

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX