JJBA 2018 Gathering!!

Started by apples4ryuk, December 12, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

apples4ryuk

HEY ALL!! I'm back. Due to unfortunate circumstances I wasn't able to attend Fanime 2017 and host the JJBA gathering like I was SO excited to do. This year, I plan on hosting again and actually being there! So here is my official post, a bit early but thought I'd get a head start!

Name of gathering: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Gathering @ Fanime 2018
This gathering includes: Parts 1-8, the anime/manga, renditions or versions of characters you want to do. Anything Jojo!!!
Day: Sunday May 27th
Time: 2PM
Meeting Place: TBD

Cosplayers:
- apples4ryuk as Gyro
- minikyojin as Suzi Q
- hanabi-chan as Narancia(?)
- ICosplayNeji as Jonathan & GraviTiger as PB Dio

(2017 Legal Statement: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.)

Photo Order:
1. All Jojos
2. All Villains
3. Phantom Blood
4. Battle Tendency
5. Stardust Crusaders
6. Diamond is Unbreakable
7. Vento Aureo
8. Stone Ocean
9. Steel Ball Run
10. Jojolion

Link to Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/154161798552802/

News: 3/12/2018 we are officially on the gatherings list! Check out the link here - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21423.0.html
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-
Owner of many, many Jojo tattoos (and counting) ☆

minikyojin

Glad to see there's a chance at a JJBA gathering
I'm gonna try and come as Suzi Q <3

hanabi-chan

Oh, awesome, this thread is up super early!

Assuming this gathering doesn't happen the same day as other gatherings I want to go to, I'll try showing up as Narancia. Yay, I'm excited!
Fanime 2018 cosplays:
Friday: Aya Shameimaru (Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith)
Saturday: Sumireko Usami (Touhou 14.5: Urban Legend in Limbo)
Sunday: Narancia Ghirga (JJBA Part 5: Vento Aureo)

apples4ryuk

Omigosh! Yay! I'm excited to see your Narancia if you're able to come! I'm hoping the gathering will be on Sunday again as it was last year, probably at the same time ~2pm. That seemed to work best for most people since bigger fandom gatherings happen on Saturday that Jojo fans also want to attend.

Happy new year, guys! Thank you for responding to the thread. I'm gonna do my best to make Fanime's 2018 Jojo gathering great!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Everyone book their hotels?! Who's excited?! Meee!!! As for the gathering, as much as I wanna do someone new, it looks like I'm gonna be Gyro for real this year. I have to remake his shirt and the holsters for his balls... probably should get a new grill too!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

I'm commissioning an alt costume for gyro for the gathering and BOY I'm excite!! Did anyone go to ALA last week? I was Foo Fighters on Sunday~
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

ICosplayNeji

RSVP-ing for my wife, GraviTiger, and I! She's gonna be Phantom Blood Dio and I'm gonna be Jonathan in his adventuring gear~ We're both super excited since we're debuting them as our first JJBA cosplays at our first JoJo gathering :)

apples4ryuk

OMIGOSH that's so exciting!! Yay, I'm so glad you'll be able to debut your first Jojo cosplays here!!! :)

I just commissioned my Gyro cosplay the other day - AM EXCITE!!!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

We are officially on the gatherings list!!! We have also received our preferred day/time/location! Yay! This list IS still tentative, but we are an official gathering as of today.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

I think I've updated most of the people cosplaying from the forums, however I haven't added anyone yet from the event on Facebook. It's best if you comment here and I will add you! But I will also make a post on the Facebook event to see who's cosplaying who and from which part. :)
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

Kinema

Me and my husband will be there as Lisa Lisa and Oldseph. 😁

apples4ryuk

YAY! I never see enough Lisa Lisa's and Oldseph is one of my absolute favs. Super excited to see y'all there!!! :D

CON IS SO CLOSE THO WHO ELSE IS NOT READY OMG
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-