PLEASE HELP LAST MINUTE HOTEL BOOKING

Started by thedarkknight9, January 18, 2018, 03:38:32 PM

thedarkknight9

My registration time was too late and now I'm stuck with 5 friends and a really far hotel, if there's anyone who can help with a close or even an on site hotel that would be the best thing in the world, please help :((

KyraEnsui

How is it too late? My registration date and time is tomorrow. What hotel did you get? Majority of the hotels in Fanime block will have shuttles to the convention center.

InsaneDavid

As I said in the unofficial group on Facebook -

If you NEED a room for the entire weekend, book at one of the airport hotels and waitlist with the other location choices you'd like to have. Then at least you have a place to stay all weekend, worst case.

If you're a room-optional person, book a single day at the hotel you want most, and waitlist for more days / full weekend at another location.

I did the latter as I don't need a room but some parts of my group MAY need housing as the convention gets closer, but would simply change their plans (attending for a single day rather than all weekend) if full on-site housing doesn't pan out.

Just remember, if you want to bail on a reservation you have until April 27th (may change) to cancel without penalty.

First and foremost - help yourself by waitlisting for the locations / rooms you need.  If you go back to the housing site after you finish your booking, go to the room availability list, and you will notice that some of the "Reserve / Unavailable" buttons have changed to "Waitlist." Click one of those and it'll take you to the Waitlist form.  Complete that, then it'll e-mail you the waitlist details confirmation after that.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ