Fanime 2018 Roommate Thread

Started by KyraEnsui, January 21, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

KyraEnsui

Welcome to 2018 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ The Westin San Jose (across from Marriott) (formerly The Sainte Claire Hotel)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking) (formerly San Jose Airport Hotel, Radisson San Jose Airport)
+ Double Tree (former site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)
+ Fairfield Inn (has free parking, microwave, and mini fridge;a block away from Double Tree)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)

AmaiAngel

Hello :-*

I need a room!!

+ I've been a Fanime attendee on and off for a few years since moving to CA. I gave two workshops last year (one at Fanime and one at Clockwork Alchemy). Hope to do the same again this year. Two years ago I posted here and got a great room at all to myself! Hoping this works again. I have a king room at the Doubletree to trade if you want it.

+ My first choice is a room at the Fairmont. If someone has a reservation that they no longer need or want, please hit me up! I want to take over the full reservation. I am not looking to share at this time. Second choice is the Marriott. Third is the Hilton.

+ No preference for beds. I need a room from Thursday to Monday.

+ Contact me via this site or via FB messenger Amai Angel. No need to send a friend request, just send a message and I'll get it!

Thanks in advance and see ya at the con~

AA

Kyra_Maverick

You might want to update the hotel list, Ramada is not an offered hotel this year and there are more options availiable by the airport.

Konekogami

In need of a room for Thursday night!

Introduction-  My name is Michele.  I've been going to Fanime from Colorado for a few years now.  I'm female and I'll be 34 by the time of the con.

Hotel Information:  I only need a room for Thursday.  I have a hotel reservation of my own Friday-Tuesday, but this year I'm wanting to try coming out on Thursday.  My room is at the Hyatt Place.  So I would prefer to be at that hotel, or at the very least one of the hotels in the immediate area so I don't have to move my luggage that far.

Requirements:  I would prefer a room that's all female.  I'm also willing to pay extra for bed space, but I'll be fine if I'm thrown a blanket and pillow to make a nest on the floor

Sayuri_chan

We got a room. Thank you.
I need a room for 2 girls please.
My name is Sue, I'm currently 2 months from being 18. I can be loud and friendly when I become familiar with a person and have a lot to talk about concerning anime. (Weeb alert) I plan to stay Fri-Mon of Fanime and I would prefer a hotel close to the Con center. My only requirement is don't touch my stuff without permission. My email is: [email protected] and my number is: (510) 265-4818 please notify me you are texting me about the room arrangement when you pm me. Thank you!
This is my friend's introduction:
My name is Isabell. Im very friendly, Im not too loud, and I keep to myself. I enjoy makeup and talking about anime that I have never seen or heard of yet. My only requirement is that no one touches my stuff without permission and a friendly environment. I plan to stay Fri-Mon of fanime and I would prefer to have a room close to the Con center. Just contact Sue. Thank you
There is no such thing as equality in this world, if there was, we would all be equally neglected. Also, nothing's free, even food.... C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶i̶s̶m̶ i̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ r̶o̶o̶t̶ o̶f̶ a̶l̶l̶ e̶v̶i̶l̶. Humanity is.

GGGothboy

I need a room

This is Ken. It has been 4 or 5 yearse since I had not attended to Fanime because of budget issues. I am willing to pay from $100-200 for a shared room. I dont mind sleeping on the floor, and anyone I can trust. I like to stay at a Marriott hotell or any hotell that is close walking distance. I plan on staying from Thursdsy to Monday. Please inform me if you are able to share a room with me. Thanks. My contact facebook is Zerox Ray Light. My skypt is GGGothboy. If you can't find me in any of those contacts, use this email [email protected]. Please inform me. Most appreciated.

Seressita

Ryoga213

All spaces have been taken. Thanks!

Looking for 1 roommates:

I have the Fairmont hotel reserved from Thursday May 24th - Monday May 28th (Queen / King - No Rollaway Available). I'm asking for $150 for all 4 nights. So far I have 3 people staying at the hotel, and we get the bed. Your free to bring anything you want to sleep in (sleeping bag, air mattress, etc.). I'm okay with drinking (inside and outside of hotel is ok) and smoking (just not inside the room.) Here's a basic list of what I don't allow.

Rules:
No Drugs
No Parties
No Uninvited Guests
No Stealing

Let's have some fun, and hopefully I can meet new people along the way.

PM me here or email me here at [email protected]

cisfrazier

Looking to take over a reservation

Hi, my name is Narcissus(cissy for short) I have a hotel booked near the airport, but I'm looking for a hotel close to the convention center. I'm not looking to room with anyone so if you have a reservation that you don't want or don't need I'd be happy to take it over. I don't care what hotel or what room type as long as it is in walking distance from the con. I'd prefer Thursday-Tuesday, but I can do a variation of these days as long as it's at least includes Friday-Monday. If you have anything please pm on here or email me at [email protected]. Thank you!!

mewmewann

FULL THANK YOU

Hotel : The Westin San Jose 1 Bed Room
Days : 24th-28th
2 Spaces left.
Price range $135-125 depending on how many ppl in room
Hey guys im looking for roommates,this be my 1st time hosting hotel for Fanime. It is a 1 bedroom is better them non, i do not charge for beds either.
Im planning to cosplay as well and i dont have a prefrence in gender in my room, i just wana have a good time and make friends.
If u got question PM me here or facebook me at
Ann Navarette

Xumot

Need a room:

+ Introduction: Name is Owen (I go by Xumot though/male). In my 20's and been attending Fanime for a few years now.

+ Hotel Information: Preferably close to the convention center (Fairmont/Marriott/etc)

+ Requirements: Please don't stuff me into a room with like 6 other people XD

+ Contact: (408) 427-6140 (just text me saying who you are so I know I don't have a stalker o.o)
You can also just send me a pm if texting is too personal

+ Miscellaneous: Uh.. thanks..? XD

tokkiyo

Looking to take over a reservation~

Hey guys, my name is Tiffany! This will be my 10th year attending Fanime so it'd be great if I could get a hotel close by.

I am looking for a hotel walking distance from the con so Hilton, Marriott, or Fairmont. Preferably I'd like the room for Friday-Monday but check-in on Thursday is fine with me. Also any type of room is fine with me!

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thank you!

Poweraid

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hey guys, my name is Ken and I'm looking to take over a hotel room if you find you don't need it anymore. It seems my friends were slacking and we are hunting for a room. I am not entirely sure how this process might work but I saw some others posting so I thought I might try. Let me know the details and hopefully we can work something out.
+ Hotel Information: Anywhere is fine as long as its along the shuttle route.
+ Requirements: Ideally its two queen beds, but beggars can't be choosers.
+ Contact: [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: N/A

KatLov12

Found a room, thank you.

melonton

Looking for a room. I am an artist wasn't expecting to be accepted to artist alley (lol rejected a few times). I am 20+F. If you have day 0 booked as well great! But if you only have the 25-28th booked that is also ok. I can pay right away. I will only have my small duffle bag in the room and my 2 suitcases will be left in AA. You may contact me on here or email

Naru8766

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
Hi! My name is naru. this is my first time at this convention, and I will be cosplaying as a few Danganronpa characters. I like to attend panels, AAs, swap meets, and attend gatherings. Im just looking for friends in this con and enjoying the experience!
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
I would like to stay in one of the hotels that are close to the convection and is on the same block. Four points, Hyatt, Fairmont, Mariott, Residences. Preferred Dates: May 25 - May 27
I could also probably do May 24-28 if I can find a way out of work. 
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
No requirements really. Just don't steal. xD
+ Contact: (same as above)
Discord: Naru#8766 or just DM
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)
I dont have a problem with parties if you guys want to host one. The only thing is that we don't go super crazy in the room.

thank you so much for reading

Yuna Kurosaki

Need a spot for just Friday and Saturday on Fanime 2018!

Since there´s no luck for the whole weekend, then I hope anyone out there can let me stay for the first two nights. I don´t mind taking the floor. Please message! Also.... if I don´t answer right away PLEASE don´t give away the spot!! I WILL RESPOND. I have a ton of things to do offline so PLEASE HANG ON!!

Please contact me here!!  https://www.facebook.com/yuna.kurosaki.31  or  email me at at [email protected]

ranmasan

I have a room at the Marriott. I am looking for roomates.  Here are my rules.
no drinking no drugs no smoking including vapes.
No parties
Everyone must be respectful.
I do require payment before you have entry into the hotel

If intrested please find me on fb and message me

Jessica Hannink

Sunnyhusky

Hello there, due to bad time management I wasn't able to get a hotel room this year so I thought that I would try my luck out and try to get an unwanted hotel room. Preferably walking distance would be great. Any size room/price I can handle, it also doesn't have to be the full convention, any two days or through the whole con, I don't mind. I will also pay extra for the room as compensation.

I would prefer the room completely but if you are also looking for roommates, I am also looking for a room if there is no hotels available. I'm only looking to stay from friday night to sunday night, so only two nights. I do have a few cosplays to store so I would pay extra if that is a problem. Again walking distance please, mariott/hilton/fairmont.

To be clear, I am looking for someone who are looking to give up their hotel room entirely which I would pay for + extra, or I am looking for people who are also looking for roommates part time. Hope to hear from you soon c:

Email: [email protected]

Yuna Kurosaki

N/A  since I can´t delete