Devilman Cosplay Gathering 2018

Started by megamoth, February 06, 2018, 12:26:53 PM

megamoth

Devilman Crybaby and classic Devilman Cosplay Gathering 2018!

With the 50th anniversary of Go Nagai's career, and the release of Devilman Crybaby in January, the classic horror saga of "Devilman" has returned to the limelight!

All forms of Devilman characters from any canon welcome and encouraged! Be it 70's anime Devilman, 1980's OVA Devilman, original manga, Devilman Lady, or Devilman Crybaby! Heck, considering the fluid canon of Go Nagai's master works, any Go Nagai IP character is welcome to join us!

If you don't know me, call me Megamoth, or Emily, and I have been a big Devilman fan for about 20 years now, and I am really stoked to see it make a comeback! I will be cosplaying as Ryo Asuka from the 80's OVA, and I will also be posted at our Artist Alley table for most of the convention.

Of course, I will be updating this thread as we approach the convention and more details and forms are made available. I am looking forward to it!

Day : Sunday, May 27 (Day 3)
Time : TBA / 4PM-5PM
Meeting Place (MP) : TBA / Same as Location.
Location (L) : TBA

Cosplayers are welcome to post questions and list their intended character on this thread, or to the facebook event as they may wish.
NOTE: We are certainly aware that many of the Devilman characters have designs that, if followed precisely, would not be appropriate for Fanime's code of conduct and cosplay rules. Please take Fanime's rules into consideration when preparing for and when attending the gathering. Devilman is certainly an adult horror story, but that doesn't mean we can't have good clean fun!

Legal Statement : Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photography Order : - TBA (We likely will be organizing this order by canon, and by character. Updates will be made as we approach the event.)

Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/145072789493071/

Thanks and have a fantastic show!

InsaneDavid

Really happy to see a Devilman / Go Nagai gathering this year!  For any classic Go Nagai cosplayers that may be suited up on Friday evening, you are also welcome at the Old School Cosplay Gathering - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21285.0.html

Two gatherings Go Nagai cosplayers can attend in 2018 - it's the end times, man!  :)
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

megamoth

Quote from: InsaneDavid on February 06, 2018, 04:36:27 PM
Really happy to see a Devilman / Go Nagai gathering this year!  For any classic Go Nagai cosplayers that may be suited up on Friday evening, you are also welcome at the Old School Cosplay Gathering - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21285.0.html

Two gatherings Go Nagai cosplayers can attend in 2018 - it's the end times, man!  :)

I am looking forward to it! I am hoping to do a Masquerade skit as well, something really simple so I would love to welcome all Devilman/Go Nagai character cosplayers to join!

Folks, don't hesitate to RSVP on the facebook event  :D

Vasyenka

This is perfect! I'll be there as Ryo from Crybaby~ c: (also the FB event page doesn't seem to be up at the moment???)
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]