2018 Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni) Gathering!!! (UPDATED 5/22)

Started by thecrazycyborggirl, February 24, 2018, 08:46:56 PM

thecrazycyborggirl

Hello all and welcome to the first ever Fanime Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni Gathering!!

This gathering will be inclusive of the manga as well, so spoilers beware!
I will be hosting and attending the gathering as Lapis Lazuli (pre-Phos). Please note who you are planning to cosplay as in the thread below.

Day: Sunday

Time: 1pm

MP (Meeting Place): Meet at the Art Sculpture in front of the convention center @ 12:50pm ! If you are lost, meet here and I'll take you to the gathering location.

(PLEASE Take this poll so I can get a good estimate at how big our gathering will be and what time would be best for everyone! https://goo.gl/forms/ZSpuHbXvDGUOS9SM2) (Poll has been closed! Thank you all for your submissions!)

L (Location):
G8 (Hilton Tree Walkway)

Photography Order:

(Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.)

Group Shot of All Characters
Silly Faces Out!
All Gems
All Lunarians
All Admirabilis
Battle Poses (Gems vs. Lunarians)
All Versions of Phosphophyllite
Iconic Duos
Last Group Shots for Late Folks
Any Other Requests (Could be shipping, fanart-inspired, scene re-enactments, whatever you might have in mind, you name it!)

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/805204782996039/

Also, I'd like to draw HnK sketches for you for attending this gathering as a token of thanks! Please let me know which character from Houseki no Kuni you'd like a sketch of below, so I know what to draw and for who by Sunday, May 20th.

~ Fanime 2022 ~

Lakari

Yay, Houshi no Kuni love! I will be Diamond, most likely on Friday or Sunday - CLAMP gathering will be on Saturday. If this gathering date changes - would love to attend! ;D
I love candy, I love sugar, I love to be a chuchu forever~ XD

CYL Cosplay

ooh~ I'm same with Lakari.
I'm cosing Houseki on Sunday, since there's a Fate gathering on Saturday :)
I'll keep my eyes peeled~
Facebook

Fanime 2019 Line-Up
Friday - KDA Eve (LoL)
Saturday - Mash 2nd Ascension (FGO)
Sunday - ???

thecrazycyborggirl

Alright, awesome, thanks for letting me know! We'll see what day most people can be free on as the date approaches.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

thecrazycyborggirl

Since Saturday seems to be of interest, I might be able to push it to a Sunday afternoon; the Fire Emblem gathering is on Sunday.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

thecrazycyborggirl

Would anyone be interested in a poll?
~ Fanime 2022 ~

Lakari

I am down for Sunday afternoon for Houseki no Kuni gathering! Any day other than Saturday works for me honestly.

CYL Cosplay

Yea~ we can poll just to gauge what works best for everyone :)
But Sunday afternoon looks good to me too~
Facebook

Fanime 2019 Line-Up
Friday - KDA Eve (LoL)
Sunday - ???

thecrazycyborggirl

Hello Everyone, thank you all so much for your feedback!

I've set up a google form survey/poll to see where everyone is and what you'd all prefer. Getting a general headcount of how many people are interested and what time is most convenient for everyone will really help!

https://goo.gl/forms/SqEY9aztX8oKbr4N2

I'd like to close this survey by this Friday, March 30th, so that I can submit our gathering to be official.
Happy Spring, everyone! :)
~ Fanime 2022 ~

thecrazycyborggirl

Realized I never updated this thread with a link to the Facebook page! Here it is! :

https://www.facebook.com/events/805204782996039/
~ Fanime 2022 ~

thecrazycyborggirl

Hello all!

Reminder to fill out the poll if you haven't done so yet!

Thank you so much for your insight thus far; thank you to whoever brought up the Studio Ghibli concert at 2pm to my attention. I know that putting the gathering at 1pm might put a strain on your schedule, but as the SJ Center for Performing Arts is across the street from the con, perhaps attending the first 30 minutes of the gathering might still be possible. I'll keep you updated as soon as I can!

UPDATE: I'm also considering making little Houseki no Kuni art sketches to hand out to everyone as a token of thanks for attending this gathering! Let me know if you're interested in a sketch and which HnK character you'd want a sketch of by Sunday, May 20th so I know how many sketches to draw and for who! You can PM me your preferred name/username if it doesn't match your forum username and you'd like to keep it private.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

CYL Cosplay

Aww that's so sweet! If its not too much would love a Padparadscha one <3
Thanks for coordinating~~
Facebook

Fanime 2019 Line-Up
Friday - KDA Eve (LoL)
Sunday - ???

thecrazycyborggirl

Sounds good! I have Paparadscha noted down! Please let me know if you haven't yet what gems you all would like a sketch of!

UPDATE: Our official gathering time will be on Sunday, at 1pm at G8 Location! UnlimitedThaiTea and I have been talking to each other and have decided to co-host! I will be waiting at the Art Sculpture in front of the convention center at 12:50pm for those who are lost, and will take you to the gathering location. Hopefully everything works out; let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Also: If you are debating whether or not to cosplay or don't have a cosplay for this gathering yet, I am selling a Houseki Gems' Black Uniform/Jumpsuit! I ordered the wrong size and this one was a bit too small for me; it would best fit someone under 5'3", bust 34 inches, waist 26 inches. Looking to sell it for $30, pick up at con, but am willing to negotiate! Please private message me for more details.
~ Fanime 2022 ~

cynical.cosplay

Hello! I'll be coming to the meetup as either Diamond or Ghost Quartz. I'd love a sketch of Ghost Quartz if it isn't too much trouble! Thank you for coordinating!
:,)

thecrazycyborggirl

No worries! I've got ghost quartz noted down! Hope to see you soon!
~ Fanime 2022 ~

Lakari

Heyas, thanks for putting this gathering together! I will definitely be there Sunday as Diamond.

For the sketch, I would like to request for Diamond =). Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

tora-hentai

Hello! I'm so happy someone actually made a HnK meetup and I am very excited to see everyone! However, I unfortunately won't be cosplaying as any of the gems, but I still would love to attend and take pictures XD I'm wondering if you'll still be offering drawings to non-houseki no Kuni cosplayers as well? But I understand if it's primarily for the cosplayers and it's totally fine by me!! I'll see all you lovelies there ;))
Cosplay list:
Friday - Fem. Shiro
Sat - A2 (Destroyer outfit)
Sun - Kenny the Crow
Mon - ???

thecrazycyborggirl

Of course! I've put Diamond down for a sketch.

And @tora-hentai, definitely! Let me know who you'd like a drawing of!

Also, reminder that I am still selling a Houseki Gem's jumpsuit cosplay! DM me on instagram @thecrazycyborggirl or email me if interested! [email protected]
~ Fanime 2022 ~

tora-hentai

Yaay thank you thank you!!! I'd like a pic of my baby antarc please ^^ I'll be cosplaying as a bird-mascot thing lol I'm sure you'll notice me XD
Cosplay list:
Friday - Fem. Shiro
Sat - A2 (Destroyer outfit)
Sun - Kenny the Crow
Mon - ???

ephemient

Phos! My costume was put together last-minute for another con, and I'll probably leaving all the fixups for the last-minute again because that's how I do things, but unless things go horribly wrong I'll be there :)