Registration Question

Started by whatsupmatt, March 08, 2018, 09:08:31 PM

whatsupmatt

Hello, this is my first time going to Fanime.  It says on the website for single day pass, I have to buy it on the day of at the Convention Center.  So I have a few questions.

Around what time would the booth that sells the single day pass open?  Is there a long line to get them and if so, what time should I get there(I don't mind waking up early?  Is there a limit(i.e., would I reach the front and have them tell me all single days for today have been sold out?

InsaneDavid

I am not staff.

No idea about the opening times, they should be listed on the registration section of the website - if not now, they will be as the convention gets closer.  Usually it's open around 8am if I remember correctly.

If they use the same self-service badge-on-demand system as last year the at-con line should move fast as it takes to register and pay.

For single-day registration, I would suggest buying your badge online the day of to speed up registration.  Then at-con all you have to do is go up to one of the self-service stations, scan your code, and grab your badge.  No delays while they take your information or process your payment, that's all done beforehand.  That's how my sisters did single-day last year (I do all weekend with Day Zero pickup) and it took them as long as walking through the small registration area to be finished.

Granted, that's if they use the same system, which I would assume they would considering how it looks like registration is going this year.

FanimeCon badges don't sell out, that's not something to worry about.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

tesla

I'd recommend checking out https://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/ or emailing [email protected] if you have any questions.

Welcome! :)

seburoh

Copy/paste from the above linked FAQ, this should be the pertinent part to the question:

QuoteYou may purchase One-Day Badges only on the day-of, during the specified hours below.

Online:
Friday: 12:01 am — 6:00 pm
Saturday: 12:01 am — 6:00 pm
Sunday: 12:01 am — 6:00 pm
Monday: 12:01 am — 11:00 am

At the San Jose Convention Center:
Friday: 8:00 am — 7:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am — 7:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am — 7:00 pm
Monday: 8:00 am — 12:00 pm

Hope that helps!