2018 forms for competing in masquerade

Started by rawien, March 08, 2018, 09:43:06 PM

rawien

According to the fanime website, forms to compete in the masquerade would be up at the end of January. There is nothing on the website that I can see. I've reached out to masquerade @ fanime as well as cosplay @ fanime and no response (perhaps I'm anxious) on when the forms will be available. I'd like to compete this year, but don't want to miss the deadline. Do we know when forms will be available?

UsakoMinako

Indeed- there are zero responses, only an update  that the first 25 entries starting in January can be submitted for early reg, and they aren't even responding to that.
Right now, there is a major staffing change, and we will be lucky to hear anythjng on time at all. I wouldnt be surprised if this is one of those years like 2013. (We don't talk about that year)

For the most part, sit tight. There will be some kind of registration. Download forms and get familiar with them. Make sure to follow all the rules and guidelines from the previous year as they most likely will stay the same. Gather all of your cosplayers information ahead of time.
Keep checking here, Facebook and Twitter.

Meanwhile, any cosplayers in for Masq- let's keep communication!

CrystallisCrafts

I was wondering this too... Its been a couple years since I've done Fanime's masquerade and I know even then getting the form was a struggle. So no one has any actual updates right? 

rawien

Quote from: UsakoMinako on April 03, 2018, 08:51:21 AM
Make sure to follow all the rules and guidelines from the previous year as they most likely will stay the same. Gather all of your cosplayers information ahead of time.
As long as they stick the rules and guidelines of Asian-inspired entries only, cause last year I found that really unfair.

Regardless though, I'm glad I'm not the only one having "issues" with the lack of updates. Thanks all! I will just have to remain patient. :)

MNVFoundry

Is it true that if you want to enter, it has to be based from something Japanese?
2018 Fanime Cosplays

Pyramid Head
Podracing Twi'Lek
NCR Medic Pin Up
Punk Morrigan Aensland

Kite

Quote from: CrystallisCrafts on April 03, 2018, 12:09:30 PM
I was wondering this too... Its been a couple years since I've done Fanime's masquerade and I know even then getting the form was a struggle. So no one has any actual updates right?

If worse comes to worse they do have an on site sign up in one of the halls in case one of the people who signed up online doesn't show up. Just come prepared with your recordings and everything should be fine.

Kite

Quote from: MNVFoundry on April 09, 2018, 02:43:19 PM
Is it true that if you want to enter, it has to be based from something Japanese?

Well Asian related really as it can be Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and etc.

Obvious examples are pretty much any anime/manga/manhwa.

But you can also use themes or characters from videogames which originate from Asian companies or culture. Examples of this are games produced by Capcom, Nintendo, Square Enix, Konami, Sega, and etc. They are all within the rules to use.

There are also cases of shows related to Asian themes such as shows like Avatar the last airbender was OK.

I hope this helped.

CrystallisCrafts

I just got an email ( because I ended up emailing them about it) so check your inboxes to see if you've got a form link!

MegaLapras

Where do we register for Masquerade? It's getting really close to the end of the month and there's nothing to go off of to contact anyone to register. :(

rawien

Quote from: MegaLapras on May 04, 2018, 08:37:51 AM
Where do we register for Masquerade? It's getting really close to the end of the month and there's nothing to go off of to contact anyone to register. :(
There are no forms on their website. This is the information in the email I received from the new Department Head for the Masquerade (I want to say I emailed them this year and that's why I received an email...and not because I participated last year):

Below is the link to sign-up to compete/participate in the Masquerade Cosplay Contest:
https://apps.fanime.com/2018/masq/

Fill out the form ENTIRELY and correctly. If you have questions on what a running order is please refer to:
https://www.fanime.com/events/masquerade/competition-rules/

It is important that you have all your details written in the form boxes i.e. MC Script, Running Oder, Prop Description. It is needed to be filled out with what you need ahead of time that way the Masquerade team can prepare for your single or group entry before rehearsal.

On Friday, May 25, the Masquerade check-in will be in the Extravaganzas office at the Think Tank in the Marriott. The check-in will include signing up for morning rehearsal time, prejudging for craftsmanship (if that applied to you), and sound and/or video submission if you choose not to send it over email.

InsaneDavid

I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

MegaLapras

Has anyone who has applied received a response or answer back from any of the staff yet?

rawien

Yeah...Nothing. And I only sent an email with a question! >.<

Kite

sutepri

My group hasn't received any email response yet either. I also wanted to know when the masquerade office opens on Friday - the website mentions people can register onsite beginning at noon but the official schedule says the room doesn't open until 4pm. Which is it?

rawien

I would suggest going at noon and then if the website is accurate in saying it's at 4p, then go back. It's annoying, but it's better to keep on this then never get an answer about anything.