Houseki no Kuni Gathering 2018

Started by UnlimitedThaiTea, March 13, 2018, 01:55:36 PM

UnlimitedThaiTea

Alright! Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous has been confirmed as a gathering at Fanime this year! (3/26)

For those of you who were interested, I hope the day and time works into your schedule, and we'll see everyone there!

UPDATE 4/13: Just adding that the other Houseki no Kuni gathering is the same as this one - thecrazycyborggirl and I will be co-hosting this gathering! She is also offering to do sketches of your favorite Houseki character if you are interested, if so pop on over to her post and add in the comments who you'll be going as and which character you'd like!

Name: Fanime 2018 Houseki no Kuni Gathering
This Gathering Includes: All gems, Lunarians, Admirabilis, Sensei, and any other characters that appear in both manga and anime

Day: Sunday
Time: 1 PM

* The walkway is a little off to the side of the convention center, so if you're not sure where it is there is a map with all gathering locations on the FanimeCon Cosplay Gatherings Facebook page!

Cosplayers:
If you'd like to comment on who you're going to cosplay as and start a possible list of different characters we might see, that would be pretty neat!

To let everyone know: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed!

Shot Order
:

It's still tentative, but here's what it looks like for now - if anyone has something they want to add, please feel free to bring it up!

- Group Shot
- Individual Shots
(There are a lot of characters, but we will try to make a call for everyone since there's always the chance someone may do less commonly seen characters, such as Neptunite or Sphene)
- Teams
- Missing Gems (Those taken by Lunarians)
- Lunarians
- Admirabilis
     - Phos and Ventricosus?
- Uniforms (Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter)
- Diamonds
- Fighters/Patrol
- Crafters

This is all I can think of for now, but I will add more as time goes on and if anyone has any suggestions. I'll try and add as many groups and shots as possible, so we don't run short and have time left over.

I've seen pairings floating around, but I'm not adding pairings for now, since I'm not sure what the general stance is yet, given they are genderless gems.

Having gone to multiple gatherings at different conventions and hearing other's input on gatherings, I just wanted to add this: if you aren't comfortable with certain characters or cosplayers and wish to not join a shot your character may be in, please don't feel pressured to join. If there are only certain shots you wish to jump in, please do what makes you most comfortable. We're all out here to have a fun weekend, and I don't want anyone to take a bad experience away from this.

If you're still interested and are looking for a Facebook event page, to add to your calendar or something, here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1675606345866825/

thecrazycyborggirl

Hi there!
Just wanted to let you know that I've already set up a thread for a possible Houseki no Kuni gathering:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21396.0.html
~ Fanime 2022 ~

UnlimitedThaiTea

Oh goodness, I'm afraid I didn't see it at first, reading and navigating in the forum format is still a bit difficult, I must have missed it! Sorry about that!

thecrazycyborggirl

No worries! These things happen. Hope to see you at the gathering!! :)
~ Fanime 2022 ~

UnlimitedThaiTea

Alright, wasn't sure if just the update on the main post would bump it up so others could see it was updated, but the gathering was accepted recently, and updates have been made confirming the day, time and location! I'm making updates to the Facebook page right now as well, so if you wanted to keep tabs on the gathering through Facebook, here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1675606345866825/

Hope this works well into everyone's con schedules, and see you there!

UnlimitedThaiTea

Just bumping the post up to include the update! Any updates regarding important information will be dated.

thecrazycyborgirl and I will be co-hosting - she's offering to do sketches of Houseki characters for those interested, and will also be out front of the convention center by the metal art installations about 10 minutes before the gathering starts to meet up with and lead anyone who isn't sure where G8 is to make it easier for you.

UnlimitedThaiTea

Not much new to add yet, but Fanime is getting closer, so we'll see if anything changes until then!

UnlimitedThaiTea

Just another bump! Almost there guys, for those still in school good luck with your finals! Don't con crunch too hard!