FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Live Programming and Events

Art Gallery???

<< < (2/4) > >>

HunterZero:
There hasn't been an art gallery for several years. If there was going to be one, it very likely would have been announced by.

If you really want an Art Gallery, you could always try to join staff and run it, FanimeCon is a fan run con.

InsaneDavid:

--- Quote from: HunterZero on May 09, 2018, 03:12:45 PM ---If you really want an Art Gallery, you could always try to join staff and run it, FanimeCon is a fan run con.

--- End quote ---

Ah, if I recall correctly that was a step taken in a previous year without an Art Gallery, and nothing came of it.

Xyterra3:
There hasn't been an Art Show or Gallery since 2016. The Art Show was discontinued because the last person who ran it was accused of fouling up the receipt books and fired. That person did nothing wrong and was a scapegoat. I count 2015 as well because it was display only so it wasn't a real Gallery or Art Show. I and Moonbug offered to run it but were turned down. But with only 16 days until opening day there's still no info. The upper management just didn't think an Art Show was business worthy anymore considering what the artist alley has turned into.

Xyterra3:
I just want to assure readers that I'm not complaining about the state of the Art Show, entirely. I had been going to the Fanime and its Art Show since 1997 when it was at Foothill College. It was a regular thing I definitely enjoyed. I know things can change and I know unforeseen things can happen. The years the Art Show was not there I went to the Nan Desu Kan and its Art Show. I like both. I miss the Art Show at the Fanime. I just want it to come back and hopefully be better.

Xyterra3:
You gotta be kidding me. Eight days until opening day and still no info about the Art Gallery?  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version