Cosplay Photographer - New Schedule Openings - Now Booking

Started by cidcrow, April 08, 2018, 09:27:47 PM

cidcrow

I'm excited to attend Fanime, which will be my third year. I'm offering my photography skills to anyone looking for a photographer and taking bookings. My hope is that my decade of fashion, editorial, and advertising experience will be of use to you in photographing your awesome costumes!

rawien

Quote from: cidcrow on April 08, 2018, 09:27:47 PM
You will receive the digital negatives of the photos within one week of the convention's end, with two edited shots of your choice.

What exactly do you mean by digital negatives? Are they essentially the unedited photos?

cidcrow

Yes, the digital negatives are the unedited photo files. I'm fine with cosplayers having the originals and doing their own edits and posting, since they're from their shoot.

InsaneDavid

Quote from: cidcrow on April 16, 2018, 10:13:30 AM
Yes, the digital negatives are the unedited photo files. I'm fine with cosplayers having the originals and doing their own edits and posting, since they're from their shoot.

Just wanted to say - good on you!  I think a lot of us have had someone take a ton of pictures of a cosplay, look forward to seeing the pictures of a specific pose or setup, then later only one picture is actually uploaded and it's not the one you were looking forward to.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

rawien

$20 sounds like a pretty good deal to me...

cidcrow

Quote from: InsaneDavid on April 16, 2018, 10:45:57 AM
Just wanted to say - good on you!  I think a lot of us have had someone take a ton of pictures of a cosplay, look forward to seeing the pictures of a specific pose or setup, then later only one picture is actually uploaded and it's not the one you were looking forward to.

It's something that I know many photographers would prefer to have control over, especially if it turns out they disagree with edit choices made by someone else. And quite understandable. It's a perspective based on the belief that the photograph is a piece of art created by the photographer, from first exposure through edits to final delivery.

My own perspective is that I do create those pieces of art on the selected favorites by editing them. Then, if there's so many leftover photos, and if giving them over to the subject makes them happy, it doesn't matter to me what edits someone else makes. Also, my news experience means doing everything possible to get a publishable photo right out of camera, and having no problem if a shot is shared without a few extra enhancements from editing.

cidcrow

Quote from: rawien on April 16, 2018, 03:58:44 PM
$20 sounds like a pretty good deal to me...

I agree. ;D It's fulfilling to be able to offer quality shots at an affordable range.

cidcrow

Just updated the schedule with many more openings. :D

cidcrow

Still plenty of openings in case anyone wants to book. :D