Cosplay Question!!!

Started by SkylerKarashi, April 25, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

SkylerKarashi

My girlfriend is cosplaying a character that doesn't wear shoes this year. I know in previous years the invisible shoes were accepted. So my question is if anyone knows if the sticker shoes are acceptable. Please please please and thank you for any response. :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32822926749.html?source=images reference
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Angelx624

When I cosplay characters that don't wear shoes I just wear sandals/flip flops that I can easily slide off for photos. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 25, 2018, 06:58:08 PM
When I cosplay characters that don't wear shoes I just wear sandals/flip flops that I can easily slide off for photos. XD

We figured that would be a back up if we need to, but she wants to paint hee feet for it and sandals, well, would ruin it. XD

thisisduffman

Quote from: pokefan995 on April 25, 2018, 08:24:30 PM

We figured that would be a back up if we need to, but she wants to paint hee feet for it and sandals, well, would ruin it. XD

Hi! I can answer this question for you. Yes, the invisible shoes are okay. We recommend wearing those, at a minimum. It's the convention center's policy, as well as our concern for your safety. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to email us at [email protected]!
Tony
Rovers Second
[email protected]

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: thisisduffman on April 27, 2018, 08:34:03 PM

Hi! I can answer this question for you. Yes, the invisible shoes are okay. We recommend wearing those, at a minimum. It's the convention center's policy, as well as our concern for your safety. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to email us at [email protected]!
Yay thank you for the answer! :D been looking for this answer for a week and a half now. XD

Angelx624

Oh, then that's a different story. xD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Angelx624 on April 30, 2018, 12:03:41 AM

Oh, then that's a different story. xD
Lol, yeah. XD

cowsrcute

A lot of cons don't allow this due to the convention centres they are in don't consider these shoes as the bottom is soft and offers no protection. I don't know about fanime specifically but people from other cons have been getting the no go on it. If you do wear them though, aside from being soft, they also don't have any support so they are going to hurt a lot after a while. It's basically walking barefoot. Since she is going with body paint I know he options are harder and maybe a tad off but her comfort should be most important. With flip flops, you would need good primer and then just touch ups here and there. But it isn't even that important to touch up since most people probably won't be looking at he feet anyways or long enough no notice parts are lighter. There's also this other show called iguaneye which are considered shoes which you can look into. They are also reusable which is better then the sticker shoes. Another's option is to make invisible shoes. These have straps also but they are see though. You can also paint the mesh the skin color. These also don't have support but atleast they have a hard bottom to protect your girlfriend.

Forgot the link: http://andsewingishalfthebattle.com/invisible-shoes/