FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Live Programming and Events

Fanime 2018 Karaoke Contest Info & Signups! (+Acoustikaraoke/Gong Show)

<< < (4/4)

Tenshi:
If there is no official English version of an anison, may I sing the English lyrics I wrote myself for the song for the karaoke contest?

TommyP:

--- Quote from: Arisu on May 15, 2018, 11:25:57 PM ---Hi Tommy!
Would an mp3 of an off-vocal cover of a Jpop song be an acceptable audio file?

--- End quote ---

In this particular case, I will say this is allowable.

--- Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 17, 2018, 04:25:29 PM ---Hi! We were wondering what the mic situation will be like this year? Will there be any wireless mics, and if so how many?

--- End quote ---

We will have two wireless mics available, as well as wired mics.

--- Quote from: Tenshi on May 20, 2018, 04:10:47 AM ---If there is no official English version of an anison, may I sing the English lyrics I wrote myself for the song for the karaoke contest?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, this is generally not allowed (see Song Eligibility, Sec. 3.a.). Limited exceptions are available if no official translation/dub exists and the new lyrics are a translation. If you think this may be the case, please feel free to submit them to me privately for review. However, I would lean towards assuming this example will not be allowed in the contest.

TommyP:
Hello everyone.

This is a friendly reminder that the online pre-con signups for the 2018 Karaoke Contest are now closed.

Slots are still available, so any latecomers who would like to participate may sign up during the convention check-in period on Day 1. Please tell your friends!

If you need to make any changes to your song choice, performance order, etc., please do so when you check in for the contest.

The Acoustikaraoke! and Gong Show signups will remain open until the convention, so please tell your friends about these exciting events, and come see us at the convention if you'd like to learn more! :)

xXunyuuXx:
Hello! Is there any info or updates as to when the karaoke contest sign up for this year will be open?

TommyP:

--- Quote from: xXunyuuXx on May 09, 2019, 06:13:23 PM ---Hello! Is there any info or updates as to when the karaoke contest sign up for this year will be open?

--- End quote ---

Hi there! Coincidentally, we added this year's post earlier today:
https://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,21740.0.html

Check it out! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version