Artist Alley Jury Rubric questions

Started by electricabyss, May 16, 2018, 10:09:44 PM

electricabyss

Hello!

I've tried emailing the AA staff and contacting them through twitter, but when no one has replied a different staff member suggested I try the forums.  I'm looking for some help in clarification on the rubric the artist alley staff uses to judge who is accepted. 

If anyone knows how to get a hold of the AA staff that would be amazing.  Alternatively, looking for tips to better meet their expectations.

YaoiCat

electricabyss

I aplogize that I wasn't more specific. I have seen the rubric, but I have questions on how some of these qualifications were judged - mostly because looking at the qualifications I am having trouble understanding why my work did not score well enough to be accepted, and what I can improve on for next year. So far, I have received no response from staff to any of my inquiries.

YaoiCat

Ah, I see.  I wasn't accepted either.  Hopefully next year will be our year!

electricabyss

I hope so! It's especially frustrating to be local and not accepted as there are only a few decently sized shows in the area (and sacanime summer and crunchyroll overlap!)  Hard to figure out what I need to do to get in when I'm already employed as a full time artist with multiple comics and anthologies.... apparently that's not what they're looking for :<