Help me not have the most depressing Fanime 2019 ever...

Started by Kira, November 22, 2018, 10:13:49 AM

Kira

I'm not off to a great start.
2019 will be my third con year, one solo in 2015 and one with my hub who hates crowds/dancing/going 30 mins without smoking so we basically didn't do anything 2018.
This year's plan was to get a room upstairs and buy him a weekend ticket and he can come down for the things he is actually interested in and go hide/play Beat Saber upstairs alone when the crowds are too fierce and I can be down at the convention all weekend. It is currently November 22nd and I've just realized this morning reg has been up for a month and I haven't booked my badge number yet...
So now I'm back to going to the con alone, eyes to the floor, probably sitting by myself in panels for 10 hours a day not asking questions, leaving my cosplay unworn for yet another year because it doesn't look right on me anyway and it's not like anyone cares, probably skipping the concert, the dance, and all the other super fun social things...
Depressing, right? But I'm a realist, and I know me, so while I can be my normal bright self June-April I know that come May I'm gonna be looking at the forums thinking about maybe trying to join in on all the fun everyone else is having, and yet, will say nothing.

So here's what I decided to do: start early as hell, before the darkness of spring time self loathing kicks in. Before January starts a new semester and I get all wrapped up in classes and don't realize it's May until May the 4th. I'm going to get into this damn forum and SAY SOMETHING. And maybe I'll keep saying things and by May I'll feel like I belong enough to actually enjoy this damn con to the fullest

So hi. My gaming/fan names are typically Kira or Khylaa. If I ever release this novel I've been writing for like 5 years maybe the single person who downloads it for free will one day know why. I basically love all JRPGs and still tear up with I hear songs from Angel Beats several years after watching. Apparently time heals all wounds, except those inflicted by anime. <-- Which seems like a perfect first signature on the Fanime forums (dibs)

So ask me a question. Invite me to your Fanime themed groups. Create one of our own! Start a monthly coffee social. Invent time travel so I can swap November me with depressing May me. The sky's the limit, we've got time until May.

Have a great Fanime 2019!

Angelx624

Hey!! I hope you can have a fun Fanime this time!! ^^

I haven't gotten my badge yet, either. I usually get mine sometime in March. But prices have been changing and been going up in the past years... :x
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kira

I've always gotten mine before the first price increase, but never soon enough to be able to look at the good hotel accommodations before they're sold out... Having to book a room 3 miles away really puts a damper on the con for me...  :-\

Quote from: Angelx624 on November 24, 2018, 10:52:52 PM
Hey!! I hope you can have a fun Fanime this time!! ^^

I haven't gotten my badge yet, either. I usually get mine sometime in March. But prices have been changing and been going up in the past years... :x

InsaneDavid

Register as soon as you can to get a position in the housing window later.  Even if housing for the weekend is all booked up, attempt to book a single day where you want to stay.  Then go on the waitlist for when rooms open up closer to Fanime.  It works.  It's certainly better than doing nothing at this point.
I'm ALWAYS active on the forums!

Retro Cosplay, Easy As XYZ

Kira

Good tip. My badge number is past the 3000 ticket mark, so I can still hope that 3000 people in front of me all live in SJ?

Really though, will I be able to wait list for the whole weekend or is it a choose one night per ticket wait list?

cidcrow

Here's to hoping your hotel booking went well!

Since you mentioned JRPGs, do you play the Final Fantasy TCG? Or want to try playing it? I'm seeking opponents to play against during Fanime since I know almost no one who plays it in my area.

Are you up for co-op play on any of the video games in the gaming room? I'm super casual and don't do well against tryhards, but it would be fun to play against someone casual on the dance games or co-op on Action RPGs (thinking about bringing my Switch for Hyrule Warriors or Diablo III, in case they don't have offerings like that there).

Honestly, I'm in a similar funk as you when it comes to Fanime. I get all hyped up and then end up quiet at panels or shy on the sidelines at the gatherings, then "resting" (hiding) in my room when there's no obligation to be out and about at the con. So you're not alone, and there's a ton of people at the con to talk to and interact with. Just gotta come out of that shell.

Aazzlano

Hey Kira!

Hope everything is good and you are still going to attend :)
I don't know if you are interested in Just Dance at all, but I'll be hanging around there with a few friends, would love to have more join :D
We'll be entering the tournament if they have one again (usually on Sunday) but we love to play casually as well. The more the merrier! ^^

@cidcrow, you seem interested in the dance games, would be cool to hang out if you are around the dance area at all ^^ I'd probably fall more into the "tryhard" side, but it's not a competition :P (except during the tournament ;) )

My friends and I are actually official ambassadors for Just Dance, although we are not acting in any official capacity there, we just love the game ^^ but could answer any questions or help you on whatever if you like! I usually try to help everyone to find the songs/dance styles they like since I know the tracklist quite well ^^

If you (or anyone else) are interested you can just reply here, or PM me, or just meet us there :D it's a lot of fun ^^

pastelcashews

Kira, I hope you can find some wonderful people to game, chill, and hang out with  ;D
I'd love to see your cosplay too!! even if its not totally accurate or anything, like for my red blood cell cosplay I dont even have a wig and just call it a regular ol' red blood cell instead of the main character LOL. I hang with a big group during the con and if you wanna hang with us at some point, it would be awesome!! we're usually at gatherings, or events like the kpop random dance or walking around artists alley/dealers hall!!

Quote from: Aazzlano on April 07, 2019, 05:34:33 PM

Hope everything is good and you are still going to attend :)
I don't know if you are interested in Just Dance at all, but I'll be hanging around there with a few friends, would love to have more join :D
We'll be entering the tournament if they have one again (usually on Sunday) but we love to play casually as well. The more the merrier! ^^

Hey! I was wondering if I could get in on this just dance hangout sometime? I did the tournament last year and had a blast, and playing with a group sounds like a lot of fun too!!!!!
2024 lineup
- Klara (PKMN)
- Nishikino Maki Candy Maid Version (Love Live!)