JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2019

Started by apples4ryuk, November 30, 2018, 12:22:55 AM

apples4ryuk

'TIS THE YEAR OF THE GOLDEN WIND.... Our mantra? "That's bullshit, but I believe it!" Or we could go the other way, "Every time I close my eyes, I wake up feelin' so hooorny..."

HELLO ALL! It's me again, Nina! I plan on hosting the Jojo Fanime gathering for a second year because no one has expressed interest in doing so otherwise, and I thought I'd get this post up ASAP. I realize I might have to make another forum post when the 2019 updates happen or whatever, but better to organize early anyway!

Name of the gathering: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Fanime 2019
This Gathering Includes: JJBA Parts 1-8, stands, gijinkas, AU designs, anniversary color schemes, OCs, etc. Basically ANY AND EVERYTHING JOJOS!

UPDATES!!! 4/1 The official gathering list has been submitted, although it is still subject to change. I've updated the time and date that we currently hold, but if anything changes I will update here and on the Facebook event! :)

Day: Sunday 5/26/2019
Time: 2:00 PM
Meeting Place (MP):G6
Location (L): G6

Cosplayers (via their Instagram handles)
- jojoplusultra as Higashikata Joshuu
- acidiic as Narancia Ghirga
- goth_cosplay as Trish Una
- sleeplessalpha as Bruno Bucciarati
- beauty_by_samantha as Leone Abbacchio (hard maybe)
- layniebugs_cos as genderbend Jean Pierre Polnareff
- hildurgalaxy as Nijimura Okuyasu
- plasticstar5 as Higashikata Josuke
- yare.yare.dawa as Hirose Yasuho
- dlauch as Gappy / Higashikata Jo2uke
- Destinee as Bruno Buccelati
- Zakayla as Guido Mista
- cinnamonraesin as Guido Mista
- Sav as Reimi
- bobabo0 as Koichi

LEGAL STATEMENT: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order: Jojos has so many parts that we tend to go in numerical order, so maybe this year we can switch it up a bit!

1. All Jojos
2. DIO!!!! (all versions incl. Diego, Heaven Dio, etc.)
3. All Zeppelis
4. All sidekicks
5. All villains
6. Phantom Blood
7. Battle Tendency
8. Stardust Crusaders
9. Diamond is Unbreakable
10. Vento Aureo
11. Stone Ocean
12. Steel Ball Run
13. Jojolion
14. All Stands
15. Jonathan & Dio (incl. Johnny & Diego)
16. Joseph & Caesar
17. Jotaro & Kakyoin
18. Avdol, Polnareff & Iggy (if poss.)
19. Josuke, Okuyasu & Koichi
20. Passione
21. La Squadra
22. Prison Girls (Jolyne, Hermes & Foo)
23. Pucci & Dio
24. Johnny & Gyro
25. Hot Pants & Diego (if poss.)
26. Funny Valentine (if poss.)
27. Gappy & Yasuho
28. Higashikata family (if poss.)
--this is a very long list but many of them are just additional ideas bc last year we kinda winged it after doing all the parts/main jojos/sidekicks etc.

Link to Facebook event: FB Event Page

Link to other gathering relevant things: will include info on my cosplay instagram (@jojoplusultra) when the dates get closer

News of the gathering: Keeping an eye out for the official gathering form submission!! Will update this post when it becomes available.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-
Owner of many, many Jojo tattoos (and counting) ☆

apples4ryuk

bump ✊ still no word on gatherings officially but I'm keeping a lookout! :) Don't forget to check the event page!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

bump! Link shared to the Fanime facebook page as well as the event.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Bump, some info has changed on the main post! Still waiting for official submission forms to go live, but will keep updated. Going to share this post on the Facebook page and Instagram so I can hopefully add more people who are cosplaying!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

GUESS WHAT! Gathering submissions are live! I've already submitted one for the Jojo gathering, will update every two weeks and when I hear more info. Be sure to check out our Facebook event page! Cosplayers are choosing via poll which part they are cosplaying from. So far the majority are from Vento Aureo... saw that coming ;P
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

I saw somebody else mention a giveaway at the end of their gathering. Would anyone be interested in such a thing? I have a few items of Jojo merchandise that I'm okay parting with. Putting a poll up, please vote.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Hello everyone! Bumping for the biweekly check in. I added a few more cosplayers to the list and DID have a poll, but no one is very active here so it flopped. I gauged interest on Instagram and Facebook instead for the giveaway which will be held at the end of the gathering.

Below is the giveaway form - if you are a PARTICIPATING COSPLAYER or PHOTOGRAPHER, you are eligible! Limited to 1 entry per person. Don't use multiple usernames i.e. double Instagram or twitter accounts. I am checking every entry to ensure each person has a fair chance of winning  :)

https://goo.gl/forms/fl32wm42r8L5uy6M2
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Gathering list is official, although it can still change! I updated the main post with our current scheduled time and location, as well as added a few more cosplayers to the list.
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

GUESS WHAT Y'ALL! We've been approved! Yay! Our time is 2:00 PM on SUNDAY MAY 26 at location G6. I'm updating this here as well as on the Facebook event page, but the official cosplay gathering list won't be solid for a few more days (or even a week? idk) so I... am continuing to post until then? Better safe than sorry :P

TO JOJOS!
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

Hello everyone! WOW, what a crowd this year. I didn't expect quite so many cosplayers at the gathering but thank you so much to everyone who participated! To those who entered the giveaway but were not present, I'm sorry, your chance to win was forfeited. If I do a giveaway next year it will be better organized and I will have people enter after the gathering instead of beforehand.

Also, our photos are not yet uploaded to the FanimeCon slickpic gallery. I will keep checking and link the album here when they are posted! I've also asked the gatherings coordinator to see if they know when the pictures will be uploaded. Stay tuned! And thank you again to everyone that came to the gathering! ♥
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-

apples4ryuk

!! UPDATE !!

Still no photos in the Sunday album BUT in the uploads album, at the end, one of the cosplayers added photos from the gathering. Thank you!

https://fanimecon.slickpic.com/albums/Upload-To-FanimeCon-2019/?flow
Ni shi ki oi! Oi! Oi!
-