FanimeCon 2019 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fanime 2019 Roommate Thread  (Read 1522 times)

KyraEnsui

• You only live once
  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • たとえどんな世界を描いても明日は見えなくて
    • View Profile
Fanime 2019 Roommate Thread
« on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:43 AM »

Welcome to 2018 version for this thread. More descriptive and more professional looking post. Do you need roommates? Or do you need a room? This is the place to post up your wanted ads.

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Hyatt (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ The Westin San Jose (across from Marriott) (formerly The Sainte Claire Hotel)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Holiday Inn (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking)
+ Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport (3 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs and free parking) (formerly San Jose Airport Hotel, Radisson San Jose Airport)
+ Double Tree (former site of Clockwork Alchemy, 4 miles from the convention center, on the free shuttle route, free interwebs)
+ Fairfield Inn (has free parking, microwave, and mini fridge;a block away from Double Tree)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

(adapted from 2011 page)

Luffy.Dragneel213

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
Re: Fanime 2019 Roommate Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:56:24 AM »

Cancelled reservation.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:36:17 PM by Luffy.Dragneel213 »

Tomas Cosplay

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 04:33:12 PM »

Room Needed:
+ Introduction: Hey, I'm Haiden. I'm going to be 19 when the convention rolls around. I first attended Fanime in 2015, didn't attend the next two years due to personal reasons, and just got back to attending last year.
+ Hotel Information: I'm hoping to be able to do Friday night-Monday morning.
+ Requirements: I would prefer that whoever I room with be between 18-30 (I would just feel more comfortable if I wasn't rooming with someone who was much older than me). I'm also fine rooming with either just guys or both guys and girls, I don't have a preference. I have no preference in room rules.
+ Contact: you can message me here or email me at haiden2319@gmail.com.
+ Miscellaneous: I am a trans man so you and whoever else is in the room should be comfortable with that.
Fanime 2019 Cosplay List (P=Panel)
Fri: Pink Lars
Sat Morn: Tokoyami (P)
Sat Eve: Koi Boi
Sun Morn: Tokoyami (P)
Sun Eve: Leo (P)
Mon: David

For my full list of cosplays see this link: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20921.msg491524.html#ms

Jenbi_

• Full Metal Post
  • Fanime! Fanime! Fanime!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »

Looking to take over a reservation.

Hello! My name is Jenaye. My friend and I was out of luck this year. We weren't fast enough to get a hotel reservation this time and are now looking to take over a reservation. Any distance away is fine. This will be our 4th time going to the Fanime. We are looking forward to it so please contact me if you have a reservation to give away.

-Staying Fri-Mon

Contact me by jenayebre34@gmail.com or a dm on here :) I respond very quickly and kindly.

Thank you~

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:50:02 PM by Jenbi_ »

Ryoga213

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 04:34:07 PM »

N/A
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:28:21 PM by Ryoga213 »

akira_chan

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:38:33 AM »

Room Needed:
+ Introduction: Hi! My name is Amanda. I'm looking for a place to stay for myself (34F) and a friend of mine(35M) within walking distance of the con center as we weren't able to get a hotel this year. This will be my 10th Fanime, my friends' 5th Fanime. We are both cosplayers but none of our costumes take up a large amount of room.
+ Hotel Information: I would prefer a hotel within walking distance of the con, so Fairmont, westin, hyatt, but not opposed to hotels attached to con center either.
+ Requirements: Both of us would be staying from thurs-mon. Just would need one room key for the both of us, we're fine with floorspace just as long as we're able to use an air mattress that's about queen sized. Would prefer a non-party room as we don't really party. We tend to stay out late, but are quiet when we come in.
+ Contact: Please email me at akirachan2684@gmail.com or send a PM

umbrellawizard

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »

My name is Nicholas. I'm male, 32, and looking for a room at any of the hotels within walking distance of the convention. I'm on the quiet side, but generally looking to meet new people and make new friends.

I will be wearing rather bulky, warm cosplays (they do not take up a ton of room when broken down, and are only bulky when worn), so anything not within walking distance isn't an option. I'll be crossplaying, in case that would be an issue (Letty Whiterock and Yamame Kurodani from Touhou Project for anyone curious). I'm very into retro computers, games, and technology.

Ideally I'd like to stay from Thursday night to Sunday night, but I can stay through Monday if that makes things easier. Please contact me at mini_zeon@yahoo.com if you'd like to work something out.

Seressita

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »

Hi! My name is Carmen! I managed to snag a room at the Marriott so I don’t need the reservation I made for the Hotel Clariana (0.6 miles away from the convention center) through a third party travel site. Because the room has free cancellation I thought I’d let someone else take over the reservation instead of cancelling. If no one claims it by April I’ll just go ahead and cancel it. The total cost is $766 for Thurs-Mon. And no, I don’t want to give up my Marriott reservation.

seressita@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:09:43 PM by Seressita »

ranmasan

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

Ac hotel 106/night Friday- Monday. So far we have 2 people. Total for all 3 nights 318. Any questions let me know. This is 6 blocks from the con.

Looking to fill up this room it will be split among how many people we get in this room. This is a no party room.

You will pay the day of con. You get access once the room is paid off.
I have a hotel room at
 AC hotel: 350 West Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA  95113
friday-Moday
Cost: 106/night
6 blocks away

I need roommates! I am in my 20's but I have been going to this convention for about 15 years, I love to have fun and keep it real. just a little bit about me.

Rules:

No drinking (or coming in drunk), No DRUGS, No weed, E-cigs out side of the room, no smoking, everyone must be respectful, NO STEALING. no minors.

This room is just realistically for sleeping, we all want to have fun at the convention and don't want to worry about causing problems. but biggest rule of all; HAVE FUN!
I will try to pack the room pretty full. my guess is 6-8 people. depending on what everyone else says. honestly I don't know how big these rooms are I have never stayed in this hotel before.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:22:43 PM by ranmasan »

Ryoga213

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

Looking for 2-3 Roommates:

**Sofa Spot Taken

I'm Michael 8) (Male / 28 years old) and this will be my 6th time attending Fanime. I have the Hyatt Place - 2 Double Beds (No Rollaway Available). I reserved Thursday 5/23 - Monday 5/27; 4 nights total. I have 1 or 2 bed spots, 1 sofa spot, and 1 floor spot available. The bed spot is $300 [bed all to yourself] (if willing to share with another person; $200 each), sofa spot $200, and floor spot is $200. This is a Non-Party Room. Payment: I require payment thru PayPal by May 1st (unless there's a last-minute cancellation, then by May 23rd) or no entry.

Rules:
- Be Respectful to Others  :)
- No Drugs
- No Uninvited Guests (Please ask first; I'm not a stickler if you have a friend over)
- No Stealing
- Drinking is OK (Please know your limits; passing out or super drunk are NOT allowed)
- Quiet Time After 12 AM (Arriving late at night is fine; just keep it quiet ^___^)

Here's a link to what the room looks like. It's from the Yelp site:
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/hyatt-place-san-jose-downtown-san-jose-2?select=24QGSPjzNTF0sepQRbOXHA

If interested, send me a private message here or email me. When responding, send a short introduction of yourself (I don't need an essay... lol).
My email is mikedab667@yahoo.com If you want to message me on Discord, here's my username: Ryoga_Hibiki213 #0451
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:10:36 PM by Ryoga213 »

CandyGirl

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »

!!Roommates Wanted!!

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am an otaku. You can find me on FB at RebornRevolution & IG @sunflower.ks I am an age between 21 and 30.

My hotel is the Fairfield Inn and Suites from Thursday-Monday. This hotel has free breakfast, as well as free parking, and shuttle access to the convention center. I may end up driving everyday if I don't like the shuttle, so we may also carpool if desired.

The price is $300/bed. I have one bed for 1-2 people. I would like to keep a calm and "Christian" room, so I don't want to squeeze in a lot of people. I require a non-refundable $50 deposit for each person via paypal. If you would like to pay by card, I require full payment by May 16th via paypal. I will refund any amount over the actual cost at checkout. If you plan to use cash, the full amount is required at check in.

As I already mentioned, I would like to maintain a "Christian" room so everyone can be comfortable. No smoking, no alcohol, and no cursing. Please maintain basic hygiene i.e. no being gross, dirty or smelly. Female or Male is ok. Parent and child is ok. I don't care as long as the above rules are followed.

Contact me via Facebook or Instagram for fastest response, or message me here.

Also, I will be driving up from Fresno if anyone wants to carpool.

Have a great day!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:48:11 AM by CandyGirl »

XexiledX

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:29:18 PM »

Looking for 2-3 Roommates:

***Floor Spots Available
*Possible bed rotation system pending amount of roommates
* room keys to be dispersed 1 for the room captain, 1 for group A, 1 for group B. groups formed Day 1
 where we will exchange contact info in case anybody loses a key or other incidents occur.

I'm Joseph 14 year fanime veteran, former staff, looking to enjoy the con again. There are currently 3 of us we had 3 others who aren't able to join us this year so we decided to search for new friends amongst the forums. (which coincidentally is how our group formed)

We have a room attached to the con, The Mariott from Friday-Monday, the total of the bill is $1,670 which will be split equally per person due upon meetup Day1

Rules:
- Be Respectful to Others
- No Uninvited Guests
- No Stealing
- Drinking is OK (please don't get belligerent or too noisy, trying to get lit but not kicked out)
- No smoking IN room, 420 friendly.

please contact me through PM's

KatLov12

• Full Metal Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »

I need a room desperately!

+ Introduction:
I’m 23 years old(female), been to fanime for 5 years and want to make it 6 this year. I already bought my flight from Ohio to California and willing to spend $100-200 to room with a nice group of people. I am super chill and would like a bed rotation option due to medical problems. I don’t drink excessively and can pay cash upon arrival or via PayPal because I have a lot riding on arriving from across the country.

+ Hotel Information:
 Being at something close or connected to the convention center is ideal. I am willing to pay $100-200 from Friday-Monday morning. Willing to sleep in the same bed as a male as well if that is alright.

+ Requirements:
Please do not steal my things. That’s all.

+ Contact: text: 707-364-8835 or email katyalovas@gmail.com
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 25 queries.