FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Live Programming and Events

SWAP MEET 2019 OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD

(1/11) > >>

Zelyhon:
Hello again everyone!  This is Ben, back again as your Swap Meet head for this year at Fanime.  Many of you know the drill by now, but here is the information for those of you who do not!

-Swap Meet Registration will open April 30, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. PST.

-The link to register for Swap Meet is https://apps.fanime.com/2019/swapmeet/ .  As mentioned above, this link is not yet live, so you can go and bookmark it at this point, but it won't do anything until registration actually opens.

-Swap Meet Registration will cost $40 per space per day.

-Swap Meet spaces will be a 14' by 6' space of floor.  While chairs may be used for sitting, you may not use tables, racks, displays, or other furniture like that for your merchandise.

-Swap Meet 2019 will once again be held in SOUTH HALL, the big tent-like building behind the convention center.  Go out the East side of the convention center (the Marriott side) and take a right.  It’s very hard to miss.

-Swap Meet 2019 will be held on Thursday, May 23 from 7:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and on Friday, May 24 from 8:00 p.m.to 1:00 a.m. (times potentially subject to some modification)

-Check-in for Sellers will begin about an hour and a half to two hours before doors open to the public.

-As we are in South Hall again this year, that means we must once again say that amplified sound will not be allowed in Swap Meet.  This is the trade-off we have to make for a larger area.  I know some people don’t necessarily like the lack of music, but I think that the bigger space more than makes up for it, personally.

-The Swap Meet Seller’s Agreement has been approved, and is substantially similar to previous years.  Standard rules like no bootlegs, no metal weapons, only one longbox of adult material allowed per space (which must be covered, labeled, and out of reach when not being reviewed), and the like.  As always, Swap Meet Staff will have final say on whether something violates the rules.

-All sellers at Swap Meet must fill out both the Seller’s Application form and sign the Rules and Guidelines.  Please have these ready to go prior to arriving at the convention.

-Seller’s Permits tend to generate questions every year, so here's some general info.  Please read over the Seller Application form for more information.  Short version is if you qualify as an “occasional seller,” then you should need to fill out the Seller Application Form and mark yourself as an occasional seller.  Occasional sellers are basically people who sell no more than twice in a 12 month period, don’t buy things specifically for resale, and are not selling new merchandise.  Those last two requirements are prohibited by Swap Meet rules anyways.  Be sure to look over the information and find out if you qualify as an occasional seller.  Just remember, Swap Meet staff is not your attorney, and thus cannot answer legal questions about whether your specific situation qualifies as an occasional seller.  If you think you might not qualify as an occasional seller, please follow the link on the form to get more information.  If you know you don’t qualify as an occasional seller, please be sure to have a copy of your valid seller’s permit for staff to look at when you check in.

As always, I'll try to frequent this thread to answer any questions that people may have in the lead-up to and during registration.  When I have more information, I'll be sure to put it here!

AliceEveryday:
Do we need a valid Fanime badge at the time of online registration or just during the onsite check in?

Zelyhon:

--- Quote from: AliceEveryday on March 20, 2019, 04:17:56 PM ---Do we need a valid Fanime badge at the time of online registration or just during the onsite check in?

--- End quote ---
The online registration for Swap Meet does require a Fanime Badge number to complete.

Jazzygilla22:
Hello! Excited to sign up for the first time this year! I had a question regarding some charms I have!

1) in the rules it says no new merchandise, does that refer to unopened items or current merch? I have a lot of small charms and toys I have kept unopened and in pristine condition, would that be ok?

2) a lot of my charms are small and have packaging I wouldn't like to get ruffled in a box. Would tying them on a grate with small squares be ok? Or like a piece of board with holes, and tie them onto it and lay it on the floor ? If not would something with pockets and played on the ground be ok to display them?

My apologies for long questions, I just want to plan out organization for differently priced items as well as keeping their condition good!

Zelyhon:

--- Quote from: Jazzygilla22 on March 26, 2019, 02:24:22 PM ---Hello! Excited to sign up for the first time this year! I had a question regarding some charms I have!

1) in the rules it says no new merchandise, does that refer to unopened items or current merch? I have a lot of small charms and toys I have kept unopened and in pristine condition, would that be ok?

2) a lot of my charms are small and have packaging I wouldn't like to get ruffled in a box. Would tying them on a grate with small squares be ok? Or like a piece of board with holes, and tie them onto it and lay it on the floor ? If not would something with pockets and played on the ground be ok to display them?

My apologies for long questions, I just want to plan out organization for differently priced items as well as keeping their condition good!

--- End quote ---
1)  It usually refers to unopened merch.  That being said, we're not overly harsh on this.  It mainly is there in reference to people who buy things wholesale for the purpose of reselling them.  I.E., people who really are more appropriately in Dealer's Hall.

2)  That's fine.  It would need to lay on the floor to avoid some of the other rules on stands and the like, but that's not a problem if it's lying down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version