SWAP MEET 2019 OFFICIAL INFORMATION THREAD

Started by Zelyhon, March 17, 2019, 11:47:46 AM

Zelyhon

Quote from: redroses3164 on April 30, 2019, 06:09:54 PM
I was doing my swap meet reg but for some reason, I now have a third seller in my list. I cannot delete them anymore because I am stuck on step 2B (finalizing step, special requests account information section). I cannot edit the seller list anymore and I did not add this third seller.

My email: [email protected]

The third seller who can't be deleted is Brandon.

Edit: and now I'm in a stuck loop where it continually says my account is not confirmed and then I get it sent to my email. Then I click to begin the next steps...and then says my account is not confirmed.
If you haven't already, please e-mail [email protected] .  I'm in the process of responding to the first wave of people who need help and am dealing with them in the order I get e-mails.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Anon

Coming out of my 1-year retirement for a comeback sale/clearout of my collection. Got my spot for Thursday, wait listed for Friday. Are we looking at a full utilization of the hall this year?

Zelyhon

Quote from: Anon on May 01, 2019, 07:58:01 AM
Coming out of my 1-year retirement for a comeback sale/clearout of my collection. Got my spot for Thursday, wait listed for Friday. Are we looking at a full utilization of the hall this year?
I can't say for certain, but probably not.  The way the system is set up, unfinished or duplicate accounts will count as a taken spot until I go in and de-list them.  My current plan is to give a few days for people to finish with their registrations and the initial kinks to get worked out, then start letting waitlisted people through in batches.

We normally have some extra space even beyond what is accounted for in the initial spaces, so I am confident we will be able to get everyone who is initially waitlisted in.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

Welan

Should we send in a copy of the BOE-410-D form before the meet to staff or just a physical copy onsite is okay?

Zelyhon

Quote from: AliceEveryday on May 09, 2019, 12:47:45 AM
Should we send in a copy of the BOE-410-D form before the meet to staff or just a physical copy onsite is okay?
Please note that I cannot give specific legal advice regarding how to handle the BOE forms.  The most that I can say is that we will be collecting a copy of all documents, including the Swap Meet registration form and a signed copy of the guidelines, each day at check-in.  Based on your specific circumstances, if you have additional forms needed to sell at Swap Meet, we will collect those at that time as well.
Ben Levy
Swap Meet 2023 Head
Staff

schoolgirlhalo

Hi, I'm on step 7 (Seller's Permit and Finish) of registering for the swap meet. I'm an occasional seller. Do I just type that on where it says California Seller's Permit? Does the "finish" button pop up after that? It says I need to complete paperwork. Do I fill out the BOE form and upload it somewhere? I'm kind of stuck. How do I finish registering for the swap meet. The other steps were easy. Thank you.

Jonias

I'm getting conflicting information about the use of a wagon to carry the goods and I don't see anything about this on the Agreement.  Is a small wagon that's foldable allowed?  We can even carry it by hand with 2 people if needed.

Something like this:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81I3IZ61ryL._SX425_.jpg

Thanks!

bluwmonkeygod

Will Thursday swap meet be badgeless agian? I'm coming in late this year and won't be able to pick up my badge.

ARGust (August)

Quote from: bluwmonkeygod on May 21, 2019, 12:26:53 PM
Will Thursday swap meet be badgeless agian? I'm coming in late this year and won't be able to pick up my badge.

Yes, see below.

Quote from: Zelyhon on April 17, 2019, 11:49:32 PM
Quote from: EJAY420 on April 16, 2019, 08:03:12 PM
Is swap meet free to attend on thursday?
Or do we not do that anymore?
Yes, you do not need a Fanime badge to come to buy at Swap Meet on Thursday.
*While I am a staff member at FanimeCon, I am not in the Communications division, and do not represent the con in any official capacity on this forum. Any information, advice, or trash taste in anime provided here is to be considered my own.

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: Jonias on May 21, 2019, 09:37:10 AM

I'm getting conflicting information about the use of a wagon to carry the goods and I don't see anything about this on the Agreement.  Is a small wagon that's foldable allowed?  We can even carry it by hand with 2 people if needed.

Something like this:

Thanks!

Can we get clarification on this? Rules & Guidelines have no information listed on limitations of how to transport goods, and I'm hearing conflicting reports ranging from "You can only bring what you can carry" (which would mean I'd be out $80 as someone with a back problem who can't lift anything) to "As long as it doesn't obscure it's fine" (in which case I'd be relatively in the clear)

Any guidance would be appreciated. :)

Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

EJAY420

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see you all at the swap meet today!
Most Impressive.

thepharaohinleather

Quote from: NerdyBirdAsh on May 23, 2019, 12:58:48 PM
Quote from: Jonias on May 21, 2019, 09:37:10 AM

Something like this:

Thanks!

Can we get clarification on this? Rules & Guidelines have no information listed on limitations of how to transport goods, and I'm hearing conflicting reports ranging from "You can only bring what you can carry" (which would mean I'd be out $80 as someone with a back problem who can't lift anything) to "As long as it doesn't obscure it's fine" (in which case I'd be relatively in the clear)

Any guidance would be appreciated. :)

I went in yesterday with a rolling suitcase and one of those fabric flea market rollers and those were fine. I also saw people get in fine with those beach wagons with the thick wheels to go over sand, actual dollies, and long dollies. There were rumors that you could use those up to the door but from there you had to hand carry everything to your spot, which didn't seem to be true as there were no dollies or wagons lined up by the door which would be the case if that was true. Basically as long as it's nothing super big and industrial level which would actually get in the way, you should be fine, especially if it folds up. Hope this helps, sorry if you're not doing swap meet tonight and I got here too late, but hopefully it helps! Good luck!

PS If you have a friend or someone, they are able to help you carry stuff through the check in line and to your space, especially if you have a medical problem that prohibits you from carrying heavy things (two lovely people in front of me in line I chatted with were that exact scenario).
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again