FanimeCon: Participate, Join, Create > Ideas and Suggestions

Please, Do NOT Do “Silver Island”

<< < (2/5) > >>

The Sea-Faring Otaku:

--- Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 27, 2019, 01:37:05 PM ---
I got the same vibes yes, though I am sure it also has to do with the con just growing in size due to the increased attendance every year. It is understandable too, but I also agree it seems a bit overkill. Smaller events should be what is being hosted over there. I guess it will be interesting to see how it turns out at least though.

--- End quote ---

Agreed! Who knows? Maybe it will turn out pretty well and it’ll run smoothly. We can only hope for the best, I suppose.

Amanojaku:
I'm going to remain optimistic about it.  The con has more than doubled in size since I started attending every year.  With Clockwork Alchemy flying on their own now, that opens up room there for things to expand.  I've stayed at the Double Tree many times, and can vouch for the shuttle service being very reliable and frequent... if someone hasn't seen the shuttles before, they're simply not looking in the right place.  The schedule has always been available at the information tables.

I like that they're trying new things.  And if it doesn't work out, they don't have to do it that way again.  No big deal.

CandyGirl:

--- Quote from: Amanojaku on April 29, 2019, 03:42:47 PM ---I'm going to remain optimistic about it.  The con has more than doubled in size since I started attending every year.  With Clockwork Alchemy flying on their own now, that opens up room there for things to expand.  I've stayed at the Double Tree many times, and can vouch for the shuttle service being very reliable and frequent... if someone hasn't seen the shuttles before, they're simply not looking in the right place.  The schedule has always been available at the information tables.

I like that they're trying new things.  And if it doesn't work out, they don't have to do it that way again.  No big deal.

--- End quote ---

Paper schedules lol? That would explain why there is 0 info available online. No signs posted for pick up and drop off either? Oh boy, now I really am nervous.

InsaneDavid:

--- Quote from: CandyGirl on April 29, 2019, 05:46:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Amanojaku on April 29, 2019, 03:42:47 PM ---I'm going to remain optimistic about it.  The con has more than doubled in size since I started attending every year.  With Clockwork Alchemy flying on their own now, that opens up room there for things to expand.  I've stayed at the Double Tree many times, and can vouch for the shuttle service being very reliable and frequent... if someone hasn't seen the shuttles before, they're simply not looking in the right place.  The schedule has always been available at the information tables.

--- End quote ---

Paper schedules lol? That would explain why there is 0 info available online. No signs posted for pick up and drop off either? Oh boy, now I really am nervous.

--- End quote ---

Um.... there have been signboards where all the shuttles stop on the side of the Hilton (Almaden Ave) for years now, with each route clearly marked.  Additionally the schedules are posted there as well and I believe they've been in the pocket guide for a few years now too.  The shuttles pick up and drop off over there for good reason, they don't have to deal with the traffic in front of the convention center.

Amanojaku:

--- Quote from: InsaneDavid on April 29, 2019, 07:40:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: CandyGirl on April 29, 2019, 05:46:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Um.... there have been signboards where all the shuttles stop on the side of the Hilton (Almaden Ave) for years now, with each route clearly marked.  Additionally the schedules are posted there as well and I believe they've been in the pocket guide for a few years now too.  The shuttles pick up and drop off over there for good reason, they don't have to deal with the traffic in front of the convention center.

--- End quote ---

Ah, you are correct, beat me to it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version